Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Blackvue 2-Ch Dashcam Install on Model X

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
We have just received the first copy.
Quantities are very limited
We also deliver a black film to hide the silver serial number on the Dashcam

121221IMG2861p.jpg

885772IMG2863p.jpg

Reactions: hiroshiy
For anyone wondering, David77's Model X APv1 mount costs just under $60 USD shipped to the states via the edr-auto.fr website. I never did find it on Amazon.com or Amazon.fr. I'm going to give it a try as I like the idea of having it tucked up closer to the mirror (less visible).

699 with camera? How much do they charge for installation only?
all Ed & Al's are not created equally. Went to one in the L.B. area - because the L.A. one said they had to run power "right next to the existing mirror channel, rather than inside it. That sounded kind of chintzy, so I call the L.B location. Gave me a price of $200 for install only. Said it'd take about 2 hours for the 2 channel blackvue on our MX. Arrived at 1:45pm. After waiting about 12-14 minutes, they said they can't do the install for anything less $700 as it'd maybe be a 7hr job & taking that long, there's no way they could do it that day. If they'd have had any integrity they'd have said, "this is our 1st one and we over-promised ... but we'll eat the extra time & not make you eat our lack of understanding on the install layout ... & we'll stay late" .... at which time I'd still have not wanted to be anyone's 1st article. Long story short .... 80 mile and 2hr waste of time. Soooo ... got someone that knew what they were doing.
Calibred Customs
Johny sent one of his out to the house. & it was done in ~ 2½hrs.
If you have an X, now you know WHERE to go, and where not to go.

Reactions: boaterva
Our 650S runs pretty darn HOT ... enen on cool days garaged. seems like they should have considered having more holes in it - to dissipate that heat .... or are others not noticing this issue as much. Any chance that this great-looking cover will obstruct the needed ventilation?

It doesn't auto upload to the cloud, it's like an IP camera with a DVR system. When you use the app, you remotely connect to the camera however you can manually upload footage to the clouds by selecting each clip. The 500mb is suffice for my use

I've been trying to figure this out as I have turned off all alerts except 1 and yet there is on the avg of 55MB of traffic per hour . I have burned up my monthly quota that last 2 months with in the first day. The only alert i have left on is parked alerts. i have to disable the cloud to stop the data transfers

I've been trying to figure this out as I have turned off all alerts except 1 and yet there is on the avg of 55MB of traffic per hour . I have burned up my monthly quota that last 2 months with in the first day. The only alert i have left on is parked alerts. i have to disable the cloud to stop the data transfers

I average about 15 MB of data usage per DAY on the wifi hotspot with just event and cloud connect/disconnect notifications. Are you using live view or pulling recordings over the cloud?

Connect using wifi with your dashcam instead of the cloud to view recordings to minimize your hotspot usage.

I average about 15 MB of data usage per DAY on the wifi hotspot with just event and cloud connect/disconnect notifications. Are you using live view or pulling recordings over the cloud?

Connect using wifi with your dashcam instead of the cloud to view recordings to minimize your hotspot usage.

Thats high! I hope you have public video sharing disabled or else other viewers are watching you (and eating your data).

Thats high! I hope you have public video sharing disabled or else other viewers are watching you (and eating your data).

I have experienced the same thing. I check the camera maybe one per day using Freedom Pop MiWi. All was well for a week. Next day, I got a warning that I am out of data for the month. I checked the log- 178 Mb used every 30 minutes 2 hours straight. Go figure. I think Freedom Pop is a POS.

Reactions: hill
No, no public viewing enabled, scratching my head on this one since it burned up all my monthly allowance twice so far. The first time caught me by surprise. The second time i logged into and looked hourly. Nothing during then day. The boom overnight it burned through my allotment.

Maybe i need to wipe the config and start again from scratch. worst case i will delete the mifi and only let it connect at home and sniff the traffic.

No, no public viewing enabled, scratching my head on this one since it burned up all my monthly allowance twice so far. The first time caught me by surprise. The second time i logged into and looked hourly. Nothing during then day. The boom overnight it burned through my allotment.

Maybe i need to wipe the config and start again from scratch. worst case i will delete the mifi and only let it connect at home and sniff the traffic.

Is your phone or any other device connected to the mifi? Make sure you forget the network on your smart device.