Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Bolt EV EPA range = 238 miles combined!

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Why would that matter? It's not a percentage in an amount of time...it's amount of miles during a time period. On top of that the wording is "GM estimates" of "up to" 90 miles, in "about" 30 min....whatever the heck that means.
Because the underlying 90 miles in 30 minutes was originally based on an efficiency assumption.

Another GM claim from January was 80% charge in 60 minutes which you sometime see in the form of 160 miles in 60 minutes which is obviously based on an assumed 200 mile range.

If the final EPA combined range is 238 then 80% of 238 is 190.4 miles in 60 minutes.

Actual Model 3 sales: 0
Actual Bolt EV sales: 0

Let's compare the sales count at the end of the year. I'll give you 1 guess as to which vehicle will be in the lead.
Let's not, because it does not matter one bit. GM will sell some compliance cars by then in California, another 18 cars or so to the remaining GM fanboys over at gm-volt.com, and perhaps make a miniscule-market for themselves from the car-sharing business they bought. The rest of the world could not care less and will continue to wait for the Model 3.

Reactions: PAULL and Yuri_G
According to Google VW Golf has a length of 4,199 mm (165.3 in) so that length seems to be right in to ballpark when it comes to hatchbacks.

• Colors & Options
  • View Incentives
  • ESTIMATED
    Loan Payment
  • ESTIMATED
    Savings off MSRP
    $5,290
  • TrueCar Estimate
    $15,125
Your TrueCar Estimate is $5,290 off of MSRP, now view real pricing on local inventory.

SORRY based on truecar

base trim golf only 15K

oyeah

Base golf only 18K and same exterior chevy sonic only 15K

your turn

37.5K for base sonic what a joke

• Colors & Options
  • View Incentives
  • ESTIMATED
    Loan Payment
  • ESTIMATED
    Savings off MSRP
    $5,290
  • TrueCar Estimate
    $15,125
Your TrueCar Estimate is $5,290 off of MSRP, now view real pricing on local inventory.

SORRY based on truecar

base trim golf only 15K

I am not quite sure why you seem so hostile, maybe it's just me misinterpreting you. I merely pointed out that the length isn't that exotic considering that it's supposed to be a hatchback.

As for price, I'm not that interested in digging too deeply in to that since Chevy's website is horrible for my taste. But a quick glance shows that you get rear camera, HID headlights and keyless open and start. Last time I checked all those were optional extras for Golf. So it might be more worthwhile to compare roughly similar cars. Though, I'm quite sure gasoline power Golf with same level of options will still be significantly cheaper. Maybe eGolf is more correct comparison point then?

Reactions: GSP and S'toon
How do you know that?

Also I have always said Tesla is too obsessed with 0 to 60. What EVs need at this time is range. Range is king. Range will sell more cars than anything else (along with SuperChargers of course)

We Drive the $30K Chevy Bolt, GM’s Tesla-Walloping Electric Car

This guy says that he put 239 miles on it and still had 23 to go. Though, the route he took probably had negative elevation, which undoubtedly helped him out... Still, he said he was keeping up with traffic on the 101, and never felt the need to hold back for range. That's very promising. Now I really can't wait to get my Model 3!!!

Elon always said that it would be a minimum of 215 real world miles. Here's hoping that it gets around 240, too!

So do we know if GM is going to even sell the Bolt nationwide unlike the Chevy Spark EV?
Yes, the reviews posted have said it will be available in 50 states.

EDIT - Specifically, at the end of 2017 Chevrolet Bolt EV - First Drive Review -

The Bolt EV is said to be available in all 50 states, but not all of Chevrolet’s approximately 3300 dealerships nationwide will choose to apply for Chevy’s new “electrification certification” that will allow a given dealership to sell the Malibu hybrid, the Volt, and the Bolt. (Around 2200 dealerships are currently certified to sell the Volt.)

Last edited:
Are you stupid!!!

Customer don't care you are a EV or ICE, just care which is better at same price level

Sell a 37.5k egg car which is worse than a 15k ICE

who is stupid enough to buy this crap

If only stupid people buy the Bolts, they are in real trouble. The BMW i3 doesn't sell very well, which is normally what most stupid people buy. No range, too expensive, too small, poor reliability, and so ugly they are banned from Wisconsin since when the dairy cows see an i3, they give sour milk for a month.

And WTF with putting a lawn mower engine in the back with a 2 gallon tank? Heck, even the engineers at BMW are stupid.