Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Bonnie's Xcellent Adventure w/X Sig 2 - Config, Delivery, Roadtrip

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Bonnie's use of the word is accurate:

If there was firm evidence there wouldn't be any discussion.

I suppose it depends upon your definition of firm evidence. I guess some won't believe until cars are delivered (Ken, Bonnie, Mark, etc.) and screenshots are posted of 48A. I admit we've had our share of different stories told by different people at Tesla, but some are more authoritative than others.

I guess we'll see. :)

Bonnie, Get the bee hives moved and enjoy the day.

I agree completly that all the vibration and postulating accomplishes absolutely nothing.

I have purchased three Model S cars and have two Sig X cars confirmed. I have never visited a Tesla store, have never called Tesla to ask a delivery question, never even discussed an order with anyone at Tesla. I placed all my orders sitting at home using an iPad. A few email exchanges and everything was completed. I can't even imagine calling to ask questions that can't be answered. My travel plans made it possible to attend the reveal so I decided to attend and check off the box that I went to the Tesla Temple and made an offering. I didn't learn anything particularly useful but now I can say I went to a Tesla event.

I will confess the Model X delays have been irritating but also understand no amount of calling and commenting is going to change anything. In my experience Tesla does not waste your time with lots of time wasting, unproductive, fluffy, fake customer contact. I appreciate that when they have something useful or productive to say they communicate. When they have nothing to offer they leave you alone.

I placed my orders when they invited me to do so. My orders confirmed just as they said they would when I placed them. Shortly after that I received a call advising the anticipated delivery time frame ( one mid Dec one late Dec). So now I am waiting for the next step. No amount of vibrating and calling is going to change anything.

I would like to add some additional prior perspective:

My SIG S85 00003X

Ordered 6/22/09
Configured 3/21/12
Founders Delivered 6/22/12
VIN assigned 8/17/12
Delivered 9/18/12

My SIG X is 00006X and I do not expect delivery until early December. Just a guess.

Nah, I think you'll get it before December. I'd guess late Q1 maybe?

Oh, you were talking about December 2015? On the standard calendar?

hahahahahahaha... that was funny.

/me goes back to not reading the forums again for a while. Better for everyone involved, I think.

Yes, $40,000. I put this down in Dec, 2013 and 2 weeks later they changed the delivery date to late 2015. So I called and said I want a Model S, I'm 81 years old and never buy green bananas. So I B a happy camper for 1 year 8 months.

Don't worry its
th-3.jpg

Thank you for that. I have enough noise with Tinnitus!

Mark, you and Bonnie have to file this under 'no good deed goes unpunished'. :wink: You were kind enough to share your configuration page with multiple pictures of interior colors....but then 'seatgate' and 'charger gate' and 'delay gate' hit.

I can can only say thank you... and I am sorry for my part in the 'gates'