Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Bonnie's Xcellent Adventure w/X Sig 2 - Config, Delivery, Roadtrip

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
One concern I had about lowering the 3rd row is whether there is a deep gap or fall off created between the flat area created and the back of the second row. For instance, will there be an issue with items sliding and falling down below the back of the 2nd row with start and stop action?

One concern I had about lowering the 3rd row is whether there is a deep gap or fall off created between the flat area created and the back of the second row. For instance, will there be an issue with items sliding and falling down below the back of the 2nd row with start and stop action?

Looks like there are some gaps in the video below of the 3rd row folding down, small objects could fall in, but a cargo blanket is probably a good idea to keep the backs of the 2nd row seats protected anyway and would stop that from happening.

Model X: Third row seats - YouTube

Congrats!!! How was the rain with the huge windshield? How far up do the wipers go? Does the rain roll down from above after the wipers swipe through?

Great question.

Wipers go up at least as high as the visor position. But here's the cool thing: When I was driving & turned off the wipers briefly, I could watch the rain movement across the glass, reflected in headlights (nighttime). So basically, I was observing the flow of air over the glass. It was so cool! The water flowed exactly as you'd expect, given the aerodynamics of the car. Up and over, lots of vertical straight lines on the glass, with a few on the edges angled out and off.

Talking about the glass, I'm actually more wondering where the water will go at the bottom after looking at this picture. Is there some drainage in the trunk door? Looks like holes on each side... will be interesting to see where it comes out.

And will be especially interesting how that handles in cold weather with snow and freezing water.

attachment.php?attachmentid=105036&stc=1&d=1450689918.jpg

Thanks for answering so many questions, Bonnie :)

1) have you been able to measure the clearance under the vehicle between its two extreme height settings? Very Low and Very High? Just wondering what its off-road capability might be. The AWD has awesome engineering, but if there isn't that much clearance, that could be a limitation for some applications.

2) are there any coat hooks for hanging up your dry cleaning?

3) let's say the driver is giving a "spirited demo" of the Model X and is swerving around a bit, or is driving on uneen terrain, and the passengers want to hold onto something. Usually in SUVs and most cars, there are grab handle up high. What do Model X passengers hold onto during this sort of ride? (I have looked around TMC for someone directly discussing this, but haven't seen it yet)

For people who complain about the look of that nose. Let me assure you, it looks *way* better in person than in any photograph I've seen. More nuance of angles than a photograph can seem to capture. That thing looked *so cool* coming down the street to arrive at City Beach.

Peter+

And, it looks like it will be way easier to clean than my Model S nosecone!