Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Bought a 100D with ventilated seats! I DID IT! WOOO WOOOOOOOO!

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Definitely not always.

Changing orders to P100D was possible up until delivery.

In fact, I don't recall any instance when changing to a new pricier model was not possible pre-manufacturing. It certainly has been possible more than once...
As is the case for the 100D... Sometimes such upgrades require switch to a different price book, with all that entails.

Reactions: AvengerBB
No, my preference is that they honor the super charging for those who ordered a 90D before 1/15, and still want to upgrade to the 100D within the 7 day window.
They are doing both, just not at the same time.

Imagine you order a TV A at amazon for $1000. Then a new TV B comes out at $1500. You call amazon and they offer you an option to replace your $1000 A order with a $1500 B order. You cancel your order and complain that you can't get the B for $1000. Ridiculous.

They are doing both, just not at the same time.

Imagine you order a TV A at amazon for $1000. Then a new TV B comes out at $1500. You call amazon and they offer you an option to replace your $1000 A order with a $1500 B order. You cancel your order and complain that you can't get the B for $1000. Ridiculous.
More like you want $1500 tv for $1500 but your prime account expired 5 days ago and you still want free shipping. Am I Rite?

• Disagree
Reactions: AVRnj
No, my preference is that they honor the super charging for those who ordered a 90D before 1/15, and still want to upgrade to the 100D within the 7 day window. Its really not odd at all. What I said was it would have looked less manipulative.

In all honesty, had they ended the free super charging when they were supposed to, and then offered the 100D the other day, I am probably ordering a 100D right now and not even thinking twice about not getting super charging. But the way they went about it where they sucked me in by extending the window for free unlimited super charging, which now appears only to be a way to try to push more 90D's out the door.

Im kind of done arguing this point right now. The Tesla fanboys like you think they can do no wrong, and will defend anything they do, and its your right. Just like its my right to cancel my order and feel a bit played.

If Tesla relented and said you can have the 100D with FUSC would you then want the ventilated seats?

If they gave you the 100D with FUSC how should they make it right to those who ordered the 90D on Dec 26th like me knowing FUSC was going away before the end of the year?

For those who altered their order like the OP who feel like they pulled the trigger prematurely and want their original 90D order back should Tesla honor their original order?

I am looking for solutions to these questions not antagonizing. Facilitating productive conversation.

If Tesla relented and said you can have the 100D with FUSC would you then want the ventilated seats?

Nope, not at all. More than willing to forego the vent seats for the 100D with FUSC, and even willing to take the crappy new interior choices they are forcing.

If they gave you the 100D with FUSC how should they make it right to those who ordered the 90D on Dec 26th like me knowing FUSC was going away before the end of the year?

IMO they should be consistent with whatever they have done in the past with this type of issue, just allow them to also have FUSC. My understanding is they could upgrade for a change fee. I'd let them do that and include FUSC. I could be wrong, but I think they should be consistent with their handling of this in the past plus honoring the FUSC.

For those who altered their order like the OP who feel like they pulled the trigger prematurely and want their original 90D order back should Tesla honor their original order?

Apparently they are according to some posters here, which IMO makes it pretty clear they did this to push out more 90D's.

I am looking for solutions to these questions not antagonizing. Facilitating productive conversation.

I get it, I am not debating or arguing the point, just answering the questions, also for productive converstation.

Your analogy is ridiculous, its not even a remotely comparable situation. And your referencing the price book is pointless. In the past, regardless of price book, everyone got FUSC, so changing an order did not mean you lost FUSC. I get it, your a Tesla fanboy, but telling other people their opinions are ridiculous is, well ridiculous.

Correct, but FUSC was still in the new price book back then. Even in the past people complained because when they changed to a newly released model they either lost a feature they wanted or had to pay more because their order was re-priced into the new price book. What they did with the 100D is nothing new it is just like every time they have made a change.

Correct, but FUSC was still in the new price book back then. Even in the past people complained because when they changed to a newly released model they either lost a feature they wanted or had to pay more because their order was re-priced into the new price book. What they did with the 100D is nothing new it is just like every time they have made a change.

Probably could have just stopped there. The rest is just mumbo jumbo since its not relevant.

• Disagree
Reactions: mhan00 and MP3Mike
Well, so much for that dream. Can't even have perf seats if I get the 100 pack. Leaning toward cancelling order and waiting roughly 8 weeks to the M3 Part 3 reveal when I assume new steering wheel and HUD will be released for the S. I dunno. Oy oy oy. Decisions decisions. They gave me an extra day to finalize my choice cause sales rep took too long to get back to me.

Since you already have a model S, would be better to wait for the new goodies. I would be shocked if there is no interior update this year.

Well, so much for that dream. Can't even have perf seats if I get the 100 pack. Leaning toward cancelling order and waiting roughly 8 weeks to the M3 Part 3 reveal when I assume new steering wheel and HUD will be released for the S. I dunno. Oy oy oy. Decisions decisions. They gave me an extra day to finalize my choice cause sales rep took too long to get back to me.

It makes zero sense to order a 100D right now without FUSC IMO unless you think they will raise the price, which I doubt they will. I would bet money they will be offering a software reduced 100D down to an 85D for a similar mark down from the 75/60 soon. IMO, that would be very attractive because the 85 is a lot of range, and you can always bump up to the full 100D range. That plus some new goodies makes it crazy to order a 100D right now without FUSC.

Reactions: P100DHG.
Yeahhhh baby!! Ohhhhh yeahhhhhhh! Epic free gas road trips with no sweaty back await! I'd like to thank my manager, God, the Academy, my sales adviser, my stylist, my personal trainer, and all of you at Tesla Motors Club.

::sniff::

I'm gonna drive (ride, while it drives for me) the snot out of this baby for the next 500,000 miles or more (believe it - it's true - I have always put over 200K on cars before getting rid of them).

Ordered on Dec 31st before ventilated seats were canceled. Then got the options-change deadline extended to the 21st instead of cancelling the original order and re-ordering on the 14th to push out the production - in hopes the battery would come available.

Now - on the last day to modify options without losing supercharging the battery is available!

YEAH BABY! YEAH BABY!

Disclaimer: I'm sure that by making this bragging post the gods will frown. Elon himself will call me and say "no big battery for you." Or the factory will mysteriously run out of ventilated seats. Or I'll get run over by a truck on the way to pick up the car.

Nevertheless - for now - yeah baby!!!!
Well played my man! Congrats!

It makes zero sense to order a 100D right now without FUSC IMO unless you think they will raise the price, which I doubt they will. I would bet money they will be offering a software reduced 100D down to an 85D for a similar mark down from the 75/60 soon. IMO, that would be very attractive because the 85 is a lot of range, and you can always bump up to the full 100D range. That plus some new goodies makes it crazy to order a 100D right now without FUSC.

Unless you need a car. In the US, the 100d is $3k over a 90. There is no reason to buy a 90d right now. If you need the range over a 60/75, then you need the range. The performance boost is nice too.

The same arguments are being rehashed over and over. Wait if your not ready, buy another brand if you prefer that.

But in dealing with the topic at hand: Is it only @calisnow that got the 100D with free supercharging? Because after his post this thread seems to have turned ugly. I didn't read through it all but after his hysteria (part jokingly, I know) it seems he's the rare or only exception. Did anyone else get a 100D and free supercharging?

He didn't get it either. He updated the thread a few pages back saying they were wrong. He is now considering waiting to purchase.

• Informative
Reactions: Canuck
Yep I decided to keep waiting.

Sorry to hear that. I was excited for you after your first post in this thread. It reminded me of being a kid, buying a box of Cracker Jack and getting the exact toy I'd wanted. I remember once the toy I got broke right away and I was so mad that my mother wrote down what I said to her and sent it to the company. A few weeks later a box arrived with every Cracker Jack toy in it. I was so happy. True story.

Maybe that turned me into such a complainer? It paid off.

Canuck: It sounds to me Cracker Jack understood the benefits of responding to legitimate customer complaints in an overwhelmingly positive manner. It can, in the end, result in a better experience than no complaint issue at all.

Good for them. Some here oft miss certain Tesla employees who understood same. :)

I too cancelled my 90D order that I placed before the 1/15 deadline for free unlimited super charging for the 100D. I had immediately made the 100D order, but after reading this message board, I will likely cancel my order as well. I will eventually order it, but there is no rush any more. My initial rush was to try to get in on the super charging, but without that I will likely wait to see what Model 3 has to offer in terms of upgrade range and costs. If they have a change of heart and honor the free super charging for life like I would have gotten on my 90D order, I will keep the order for sure.

Reactions: number12
jareade said:
This is my thought. Sounds like he made the change (or assumed he could make the change) before Tesla came out with the official position that it would lose unlimited SC and the ventilated seats.

Sounds like nothing except you making assumptions. In the meantime I wait to hear if I was denied or not.

Sounds like my assumption was spot-on. Sorry it didn't work out for you.