Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Bought a 100D with ventilated seats! I DID IT! WOOO WOOOOOOOO!

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Ridiculous. If they waited to release the 100D, people would STILL be bitching about missing the cut off and being stuck with their 90D. Tesla is offering the customer more options here. Get the 90D with SCing, or get the newest car option without it. Your choice that you're free to make for yourself.

Yep, or nothing at all, my choice.
As much as I like Tesla I have to admit they make a lot of boneheaded mistakes that they often correct only after it blows up in their face.

Here is a recent list

1 - With the supercharger idle fee they were going to initially charge the fee even at a mostly empty supercharger. They backtracked after a bunch of people blew up about it.

2 - They software limited the number of launches for a P90D without telling anyone before they bought the car. This really came back to bite them. They're going to correct this in a future software upgrade. The P will no longer fall off your P90D. :p

3 - They added a 0 mph over the speed limit to AP1 on undivided roads without even bothering to mention it in the release notes. Lots of people complained including me (I was mad at the secretive part of it). They fixed this mistake with a recent update.

4 - Now the unnecessary timing of the 100D. With just a small buffer away from the expiration of the free supercharging would have done it. Plus this is a car that is road trippers are going to be really attracted to. It's in Tesla's best interest to have these people pay for supercharging because they're going to be doing so much of it.

Part of the Tesla experience is enduring the boneheaded mistakes by Tesla.

Im really hoping they change their stance. I would order my 100D back in 2 seconds last if they honor the FUSC. I'd even skip the 7 day change period if they wanted.

• Funny
Reactions: bhzmark
This needs to be said. I ordered my car on Dec 26th knowing supercharging was going away at the stroke of midnight New Years. It didn't they extended it. They gave all those procrastinators 15 extra days to get their order in. If then those procrastinators got to change their orders to 100D without losing supercharging I'd be annoyed. Really annoyed. Just eat your ice cream and stop complaining. You got the extension that you should have never gotten and now you can't complain. Tesla had to draw a line in the sand and this was a fair line. Stop complaining for the love of god. If you can afford a 100D you can afford the negligible bill for super charging should you exceed 400kw

This needs to be said. I ordered my car on Dec 26th knowing supercharging was going away at the stroke of midnight New Years. It didn't they extended it. They gave all those procrastinators 15 extra days to get their order in. If then those procrastinators got to change their orders to 100D without losing supercharging I'd be annoyed. Really annoyed. Just eat your ice cream and stop complaining. You got the extension that you should have never gotten and now you can't complain. Tesla had to draw a line in the sand and this was a fair line. Stop complaining for the love of god. If you can afford a 100D you can afford the negligible bill for super charging should you exceed 400kw

In my opinion, you have every right to be pissed about that, every right. But I don't think its fair for you to tell people what they should or shouldn't be pissed about, just because your not.

Reactions: F123456
I was thinking the 100D might cost $10k more than a 90D. I'm shocked it came in at only $3k more. I was happy to change to the 100D today (Model X), even minus FUSC and ventilated seats. I think FUSC would probably have been worth a little more to me than the $2k they used to charge for it when it was optional for a while. This is going to be our road trip car. The ventilated seats sounded like a questionable value to me. But the extra 39 miles gets me a few more places that had previously looked out of range, currently. The 100D battery may also reduce the charging wait time (less taper) and increase its lifetime (slightly less cycling).

The change is pretty much what I expected, other than the low cost, so I've had plenty of time to think about what I would do when the 100D became available. Easy decision for me.

LOL, the bitching... First world problems, too many choices.

Picked up my 90D on 12/30. FUSC is awesome in SoCal, don't plan to get a charger installed at my apartment. 100D is cool but when pitted against FUSC, doesn't hold up. 30 miles doesn't matter, you'll stop on long distance trips where/when you hit the SCs, not in the last 30 miles. And in a city like LA, there are so many charging options, free ChargrePoint a few blocks down from my apartment, having to do it 10% more frequently over the life of the car is barely any issue. Let alone if you had a home charger, it's completely a non-issue. Pitted against FUSC, it really doesn't hold up, drive to any SC across the country and just charge up while sitting and working in my new luxury car, or grabbing a meal from nearby, it really feels great to be green & saving money on a per-mile basis than owning an ICE.

And y'all are complaining that 15 days past the FUSC deadline and Tesla having released a new model, you still have the choice, and somehow Tesla is boneheaded to allow that. I'd hate to be in Tesla's position and have customers like you to try to please.

To all those cancelling on this, too bad. It's a great car, hands down the best car on the market. And fun as hell to drive. AP2 is awesome, can't wait for freeway speed Auto Steer.

To those who would or have chosen 90D+FUSC over 100D, consider this.

It's quite possible, in the near future, that Tesla starts selling FUSC packages, for say $2000 like they used to do for the early 85kWh cars. But it's far less likely that they'll be offering battery replacements/upgrades for less than $10,000 (whatever it is up to in the future: 100kWh, 110kWh, 120kWh, etc). The former is a simple switch in software. The latter is a service center visit and hardware upgarde.

As far as we know, the current 90kWh packs are real 90kWhs and not software limited 100kWh.

So if I were a betting man, I'd bet for the former changing over the latter, and go for the 100D battery and forego FUSC for now, because that could change down the road.

And if anyone doubts this model, just look at TiVo which has removed, and then added back Lifetime Product Service several times. Each time people rushed to buy it before the deadline, only to learn a year or two later, they decided to offer it again. The exact same complaints are heard over there.

"shrugs" yeah, they are depriving themselves of a customer and a $108,000 order. And it was bigger than that, I was all in, was going to buy power wall, solar city solar, probably going to trade in my other car for an X.

That's too bad - you are depriving yourself of two great rides.

You have every right to feel like you do and do what you want to do.

Tesla has no "demand" problem and another customer will step in and take that $108,000 order so I disagree with you that you think "...they are depriving themselves of a customer and a $108,000 order." If you can't get over feeling like you have been screwed by Tesla then, IMO, you are the only one depriving themselves of anything.

Mike

....FUSC is awesome in SoCal, don't plan to get a charger installed at my apartment...

That would really get old really really quick. I dont think I would've gotten EV if I didnt have a home/office charging infrastructure....I value my time, comfort, and convenience I bit higher than regular weekly (at least) trip to a supercharger and sitting in car for an hour

That's too bad - you are depriving yourself of two great rides.

You have every right to feel like you do and do what you want to do.

Tesla has no "demand" problem and another customer will step in and take that $108,000 order so I disagree with you that you think "...they are depriving themselves of a customer and a $108,000 order." If you can't get over feeling like you have been screwed by Tesla then, IMO, you are the only one depriving themselves of anything.

Mike

As a Tesla shareholder, I hope what you say is true. My belief is they pulled a stunt to try to get more 90's out the door, which is a bit different then having no demand problem. They could have ended FUSC on 12/31, they didn't. I think I know why.

Im really hoping they change their stance. I would order my 100D back in 2 seconds last if they honor the FUSC. I'd even skip the 7 day change period if they wanted.

What does it matter to you at this point? You said you already cancelled your order. Which means if they do change their stance you don't have the option anymore and you screwed yourself.

Reactions: drklain
That would really get old really really quick. I dont think I would've gotten EV if I didnt have a home/office charging infrastructure....I value my time, comfort, and convenience I bit higher than regular weekly (at least) trip to a supercharger and sitting in car for an hour

I understand, to each his own. I work from home, working from my Tesla is no different, more fresh air and sunlight.

My larger point is against the unwarranted criticism against the manufacturer of likely the best car on the planet right now, on giving customers too many options.

Reactions: Cowby
Which is probably why he hasn't replied :)

Haven't replied because I'm in DC - been marching around protesting the buffoon we elected.

IMG_20170121_143840.jpg

It's also possible he already changed (as quickly as possible, and without asking) his order to 100D without realizing it would loose unlimited supercharging.

How stupid do you think I am? As I posted in the original post my own sales advisor set this up for me to be able to upgrade without losing supercharging. Now - she has not confirmed today I got what I wanted. Certainly possible I did not. She said yesterday she was checking and working on it. You could all be right. But she hasn't texted or emailed yet to say she messed this up. If it turns out I can't even retain the vented seats I'll probably cancel entirely and wait 8 more weeks til the Model 3 reveal and grab whatever new S is available with the updated options.

This is my thought. Sounds like he made the change (or assumed he could make the change) before Tesla came out with the official position that it would lose unlimited SC and the ventilated seats.

Sounds like nothing except you making assumptions. In the meantime I wait to hear if I was denied or not.

Haven't replied because I'm in DC - been marching around protesting the buffoon we elected.

View attachment 211553

How stupid do you think I am? As I posted in the original post my own sales advisor set this up for me to be able to upgrade without losing supercharging. Now - she has not confirmed today I got what I wanted. Certainly possible I did not. She said yesterday she was checking and working on it. You could all be right. But she hasn't texted or emailed yet to say she messed this up. If it turns out I can't even retain the vented seats I'll probably cancel entirely and wait 8 more weeks til the Model 3 reveal and grab whatever new S is available with the updated options.

Sounds like nothing except you making assumptions. In the meantime I wait to hear if I was denied or not.

Are you serious or kidding? lol

What does it matter to you at this point? You said you already cancelled your order. Which means if they do change their stance you don't have the option anymore and you screwed yourself.
I had my order for a 90D canceled, but it seems to take a while to go through. I was exchanging e-mail with my sales guy today and he said he could still reinstate my order if I asked. I told him the answer is still no, until they change their policy with regard to upgrading from a 90 to a 100. This seems very unlikely, but Tesla has changed its mind before.

Reactions: AVRnj