Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Bugs in firmware 6.2

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I wonder if this is just a Canadian issue... We had our keyboard key changed to .ca from .com with this firmware release.

How do you know this? Was it in release notes, did the keys on the pop-up keyboard change, do you personally scan the code as it routes through your wifi router to the car while getting its updated code set?..

Thanks for reporting it. I haven't done that. I will too.

I want the old format sans zero.

I finally got tired of hearing that something is wrong chime in the morning and called service.

My P85 was at the Rocklin Service Center yesterday for the "Software Update Required. Contact Tesla Service." They flashed .188.

Paperwork said "Firmware is stuck in install loop and will require a new push for latest version."

So for those few of you in this thread that said you have the same problem I would call Tesla service. There is apparently an issue.

stuck in install loop...

that is something I was hoping to never hear from Tesla, wish they had built a fail-safe mode using an upper-bound watchdog timer that would forcibly break a loop and demote / return to last version

Posted 2 bugs on valet mode

yesterday i have posted 2 bugs to TESLA. and they were accepted.

Bug #1 : in valet mode, all your earlier charging locations are visible on the map when you zoom out. Big privacy issue, one of them might be your home address :scared:. Advised TESLA to hide all my earlier charging stations.

Bug #2 : in valet mode, your phone is still connected until you go farther from your car. until that time all your phone contacts are available for the valet driver to see. Advised TESLA to disconnect all Bluetooth devices once you put the car in valet mode.

yesterday i have posted 2 bugs to TESLA. and they were accepted.

Bug #1 : in valet mode, all your earlier charging locations are visible on the map when you zoom out. Big privacy issue, one of them might be your home address :scared:. Advised TESLA to hide all my earlier charging stations.

Bug #2 : in valet mode, your phone is still connected until you go farther from your car. until that time all your phone contacts are available for the valet driver to see. Advised TESLA to disconnect all Bluetooth devices once you put the car in valet mode.
I am interested in how you submit bugs and know they are accepted by Tesla? I have noted several bugs and just reported them via the "bug report" feature in the car; however, since you can't actually give details about the bug you are experiencing, I thought it would be much better to report it some where that allows me to give more details. I would really appreciate more info on how to do this.

Realized yesterday that there is an apparent bug that has been present since at least .168 and still present in .188, that I haven't seen posted before. When turning on the emergency flashers, the small, red, side tail lights (the ones with the three individual red lights) will blink on/off with the main tail lights; however, after approximately 5-10 minutes, they stop blinking and instead just remain on. Anyone else notice this?

How do you know this? Was it in release notes, did the keys on the pop-up keyboard change, do you personally scan the code as it routes through your wifi router to the car while getting its updated code set?..

Thanks for reporting it. I haven't done that. I will too.

I want the old format sans zero.

I found that the keyboard was changed only when I was surfing the internet on the console and went to put in a URL. Went to press the ".com" key, and it was ".ca" instead. I didn't see it in any release notes.
I can't remember the last time I used a .ca URL.

I found that the keyboard was changed only when I was surfing the internet on the console and went to put in a URL. Went to press the ".com" key, and it was ".ca" instead. I didn't see it in any release notes.
I can't remember the last time I used a .ca URL.

Thank you, I will look for that.

- - - Updated - - -

I am interested in how you submit bugs and know they are accepted by Tesla? I have noted several bugs and just reported them via the "bug report" feature in the car; however, since you can't actually give details about the bug you are experiencing, I thought it would be much better to report it some where that allows me to give more details. I would really appreciate more info on how to do this.

Agreed need: let me type in a bug, instead of voice command.

When reporting a bug using voice command in car, I was only able to get a few seconds of description accepted... anything longer gives an 'unclear' error message.

- - - Updated - - -

Update .188 still has the leading zero on the clocks.

So, still a bug.

Probably goes hand-in-hand with other localization efforts of trying to make the car Canadian. No thanks.

English speaking Canadians usually prefer and select the "USA" keyboards and languages choices in software.

I'm not going to speak for French Canadian preferences.

How about let the driver select the localization preferences... same as we can select Units to display... ?

i have mentioned these bugs to Tech Support member when we called the Tesla Support. He was asked me to provide the screenshots. Sent thru email, and he was able to verify that quickly on one of their cars, and confirmed he was able to re-produce it. and forwarded to thier DEV team.

BTW, today i got alert saying SW update available. Don't know if this related to it or not, will find out once i got my car from service center :wink:

- - - Updated - - -

How do you know they were accepted? I'd love a better way to submit and track bugs.

tech told me over the phone.

Anybody else having problems with the touchscreen being laggy on the latest update (.188)?

I've had one or two previous updates that introduced laginess, but it was minor. I'm having noticeable lags on taps on .188... For example pushing the Homelink to close my garage door this morning took 3-4 seconds to register. Other similar lags too... Never had that before.

I have rebooted also...

Anybody else having problems with the touchscreen being laggy on the latest update (.188)?

I've had one or two previous updates that introduced laginess, but it was minor. I'm having noticeable lags on taps on .188... For example pushing the Homelink to close my garage door this morning took 3-4 seconds to register. Other similar lags too... Never had that before.

I have rebooted also...

Think so. I was driving this afternoon and it took several presses, several times, to browse through music, but that's the only time I noticed it.

Also, I've only had the car for a week and don't know if this is a bug, but after I park the car and leave it for a while, when I get back in, my current playlist that I'm shuffling through is lost. No repeat and shuffle icons below the song, and when the music resumes the track starts from the beginning and then the music stops when it ends. This can get annoying when listening to classical music where my tracks can last between 40 minutes to sometimes an hour. I'd never reach the end of a symphony, for example, because it would just keep starting over again each time I go to and from work.

I am still having issues with the navigation not knowing what to do with addresses in the Seattle area that have directional indicators. (NW, SW, N, NE, SE, etc). It thinks my house is now 13 miles away and 5 out of the last 6 addresses I tried were off by miles. Anyone else still having this issue?

I am still having issues with the navigation not knowing what to do with addresses in the Seattle area that have directional indicators. (NW, SW, N, NE, SE, etc). It thinks my house is now 13 miles away and 5 out of the last 6 addresses I tried were off by miles. Anyone else still having this issue?

Quite a few forum members in The Netherlands have stopped using the navigation because of issues. It really is not up to par with the rest of the car.
Imho it works OK most of the time for me and I refuse to use my TomTom on the phone next to my wonderful big screen. But every now and then it makes strange mistakes and detours here.:crying: