TMC is an independent, primarily volunteer organization that relies on ad revenue to cover its operating costs. Please consider whitelisting TMC on your ad blocker or making a Paypal contribution here: paypal.me/SupportTMC

Cabin Air Filters $8 bucks?

Discussion in 'Model S: Interior & Exterior' started by SabrToothSqrl, Jun 30, 2015.

1. SabrToothSqrl

SabrToothSqrl Active Member

So after 21,000 I replaced my cabin air filter.

$8.25 at my service center. Devon, PA.

I thought that was a good price!

No tools needed, swapped it myself in like 10 min or less :)

Finally reasonably priced filters! I was worried it was going to be $30 or worse!

2. scaesare

scaesare Active Member

I was pleasantly surprised too. The first one I bought last yr was $20. This time it was $8.

I think I may have been accidentally charged the "installed" price last time.

3. steph280

steph280 Member

This is probably the first (and only?) reasonable price coming out of Tesla...

4. Drucifer

Drucifer Active Member

Really. I have found that accessories (floor mats cheaper than Weathertech, and same quality), touch up paint, and swag (shirts, hats, etc.) all to be fairly priced.

Now don't get me started on the vehicle's actual options, though (so you want a little wood on your dash and console...that'll cost ya).

5. AnOutsider

AnOutsider S532 # XS27

Wasn't the cargo net in the frunk ridiculously priced? The parcel shelf was $250 IIRC.

As for the filter, I wonder if it's something shared with another manufacturer (Mercedes?) and so is cheap due to the economies of scale.

6. Drucifer

Drucifer Active Member

Cargo net is $20. As for the parcel shelf, see my original comment about "vehicle's actual options".

7. smilepak

smilepak Member

Might be related to the Giga-Cotton factory, help reduce the cost of cotton to make cheaper Air Filters :)