Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

California LR AWD Waiting Room

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
See attached. This is how my friend’s transaction looks like for San Diego, CA. The clean fuel reward is the $1500 + the CVAP. The $4884.48 was basically his down payment.
Thanks. That is what I was expecting. Then I read on the Washington waiting room thread that they received paperwork they had to mail to the state for registration and taxes (still due) after they had put their cash down on the car. So they were short that cash and didn’t expect to have to pay it outside of the sale transaction.

I have purchased many cars in the past but never a Tesla which is not a traditional dealer so I wanted to be safe.

Reactions: phisDK2021
Hi! I just ordered my first Tesla MY LR on Saturday (03/20) expecting it to take a week or two before it became available and was surprised to receive a VIN on Sunday (03/21). When do you find out who your delivery manager is, so you can turn down the car and wait longer? Right now it still shows an estimated deliver between the 22nd and 26th and my only option is to cancel and loose my $100 deposit. Thanks!

Hi! I just ordered my first Tesla MY LR on Saturday (03/20) expecting it to take a week or two before it became available and was surprised to receive a VIN on Sunday (03/21). When do you find out who your delivery manager is, so you can turn down the car and wait longer? Right now it still shows an estimated deliver between the 22nd and 26th and my only option is to cancel and loose my $100 deposit. Thanks!
When they reach out for a delivery via text, email, or phone, just reply "Hold".

what was the spec of your car?

1. Did they ever deliver on ANY of the LR RWD vehicles or did that really get canceled? What did they do with the customers who already placed a deposit?
  2. Any reason to go for an immediate delivery or wait till June if there is no rush?
the LR RWD never really materialized unlike the MY SR RWD that people have been receiving. That's probably the main reason that they cancelled it early on since there were no other cars that ended up in customers hand with that configuration. As far as waiting for the SR, I'm now torn since I was hoping that they will at least get my car delivered by end of March which is now unlikely.