Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

California LR AWD Waiting Room

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Hi can you explain how he got the $6500 for the CA reward? Just want to make sure, thanks!
Every person who buys an EV in CA gets $1500. The $5000 is the CVAP (clean vehicle assistance program) to help low income people buy $40,000 EVs. Those funds have run out I believe.

You can additionally apply for the CVRP (clean vehicle rebate) and if you meet those guidelines (income, prior purchase) you can get an additional $2000. The $1500 replaces the $800 you used to be able to get from PG&E or other electric providers.

I'm wondering if the only way for me to turn on the car and see the inside is to accept delivery before actually looking inside and making sure it all works...
Manage’ on your new vehicle, please complete all necessary E-signs or payments prior to delivery to reduce delay. Once completed, please click ‘Accept Delivery’ button. Log into your Tesla Mobile App, and click on the ‘Unlock’ icon to open your vehicle. If you are already logged into your Tesla Mobile App. Please logout and login to access your new Tesla.

These were the instructions for the touchless delivery experience

I'm wondering if the only way for me to turn on the car and see the inside is to accept delivery before actually looking inside and making sure it all works...
Manage’ on your new vehicle, please complete all necessary E-signs or payments prior to delivery to reduce delay. Once completed, please click ‘Accept Delivery’ button. Log into your Tesla Mobile App, and click on the ‘Unlock’ icon to open your vehicle. If you are already logged into your Tesla Mobile App. Please logout and login to access your new Tesla.

I’ve heard varying reports. Some SC allows customers to check interior before accepting delivery. Some don’t. I guess you (we) should work with your SA to see if they allow it.

Hi can you explain how he got the $6500 for the CA reward? Just want to make sure, thanks!
Hi! $1500 was the CA clean fuel reward everyone in CA gets and the $5k is from CVAP. That is income dependent and can take up to 3+ months for application process. See link below for more details:

So even though they already gave a date/time to deliver to our home, we still need to do the final payment in order for them to deliver it? If so, I was really hoping I can inspect the interior and exterior before giving the final payment....

@fregin the funds for Clean Vehicle Assistant Program (CVAP), which gives you 5k upfront to purchase your vehicle, on paper, has run out. Currently, you still can apply, but they put you in a "Reservation List," which basically is a waiting list for the upcoming funds. A lot of people can't wait 3-4 months to be approved and just want to get the car ASAP, so you may want to give it a try if you don't need to the car immediately. Also the Clean Vehicle Rebate Program (CVRP) gives you a rebate up to $4500, if your income meets the limit. (Otherwise, only 2k). It takes approximately 4-6 months to receive the rebate. Last time I checked, they still have quite a lot of money to give out.

Boom...ordered 2/4 - through a series of SNAFU's with company that ordered car it has been sitting at Burbank Service Center for almost 2 weeks...going to pick it up at 11am.

MYLR AWD
Black Paint
Black Int
20" Induction
5 seat
no Tow
No FSD
Congratulations brother! I picked up the MY, with the same spec yesterday! Quality and build looks great! Just one slightly misaligned rear wheel trim, but appointment already made. Getting PPF and ceramic done this week! Enjoy!