Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

California waiting room Q4

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
It can be as fast as you want. I signed papers and made payment in my Tesla account the day before pickup. I got a text 20 min before pickup my car was ready and waiting in a numbered space. When I got there I inspected the outside before accepting delivery through my Tesla Account. Once I accepted delivery, the Tesla app showed my car and I could unlock it. Papers were on the console that could have been sent back with FedEx but I just gave to the SAs after they fixed my seats not folding. I was done in 45 minutes including them lubing whatever mechanism causes the seats to not fold. You could theoretically be in and out in 5 min.
I’ve heard mixed reviews about paying before and after, during delivery. So, payment can be made before online while still being able to inspect the car

I’ve heard mixed reviews about paying before and after, during delivery. So, payment can be made before online while still being able to inspect the car

Sure, you can bring a cashier’s check so you don’t have to pay before. I didn’t have any intention of rejecting delivery unless there was something ridiculous they said they wouldn’t fix. If I did reject delivery I was fine with them having my money until a new one was delivered. I believe they will fix any valid issues (maybe that’s naïve). If you think you might reject the car and not request another VIN and can’t wait for a refund I would wait to pay after you see the car. With lemon laws and warranty I just don’t feel like it’s that big of a risk. I’ve heard mixed reviews on whether you can inspect the interior before accepting delivery... I couldn’t open the car without accepting delivery so I don’t know if you need to ask an SA to open it or what. They are trying to be very no contact.

Reactions: Trej3387
Hi, folks. i took delivery, yesterday in the SF Bay Area. Seeing all the responses saying minimal to no issues got my hopes up, but I ended up with a dozen or so issues. I think these are all fairly minor with the exception of one or two.

Noises: If I adjust the driver seat to the lowest position, which is where I feel most comfortable, there is a pop/crack sound just before it gets to there. It is repeatable.

Driver side view mirror: Believe it. I’m 5’10”, so not super tall, and I cannot get the mirror into the position I want. Passenger side mirror seems to have a greater range than driver side.

Paint: The only paint issue was a scratch by the passenger door hinge, so only noticeable if you opened up the door.

Panel Gaps:
1. Headlights: One has a gap towards the top, the other has a gap towards the front corner. I’m not sure which is right (or if either is)

2. Taillights: The lights themselves seem to be installed fine, but the corners of the bumper where it meets the taillight and rear quarter panel stick out. At least 3 corners. I could probably just press that in, but was thinking I’d just have SC handle it.

3. A-Pillar: Driver side A-pillar has a bigger gap than the passenger side’s A-pillar.

4. Lift gate and driver side glass: I’m not sure if this is an issue with the lift gate or the small glass window by the lift gate, but I can see the top of the glass, whereas on the passenger side, the top of the glass is covered.

5. Driver side door and front quarter panel. Gap tapers down from top to bottom

6. Frunk: Gap tapers down from top to bottom.

If anyone wants to see pics, let me know. I already setup a service appointment for Kato Rd in Fremont. Seems the Bay Area service centers all have a less than stellar reputation, but I figured Kato Rd would be the most capable.

Talk to Brian out in Costa Mesa, he was very helpful. Talk to him about my delivery dates changing, he looked into it. Saw that there my non availability was still on. December 2-10. Brian took it and and got a soft match, car is in production, will arrive to Costa Mesa on the 19, clean and detailed on the 20 and pick up on the 21st. LR/MB/BLK/19” wheels/no tow hitch/No FSD. Also I ordered 11/7/2020

Ordered 10/28, LR AWD/Blue/Black Interior/no tow/FSD. Got the text a few weeks ago that many others got. Delivery date range 12/8-12/31 showed up around 12/4 or so, disappeared on 12/10, re-appeared 12/11, VIN 83xxx assigned this morning 12/13.

Very excited. I think I'll get the latest goodies with 83xxx (double pane front windows/laminated windows/metal scroll/USB/auto-dimming mirrors), but not sure. Anyone have clarity on this?

Ordered 10/28, LR AWD/Blue/Black Interior/no tow/FSD. Got the text a few weeks ago that many others got. Delivery date range 12/8-12/31 showed up around 12/4 or so, disappeared on 12/10, re-appeared 12/11, VIN 83xxx assigned this morning 12/13.

Very excited. I think I'll get the latest goodies with 83xxx (double pane front windows/laminated windows/metal scroll/USB/auto-dimming mirrors), but not sure. Anyone have clarity on this?

From what I've read you will almost certainly get all those goodies. Seems like all mid 70s and up have all that stuff.

Spoke an SA and stated I should receive my car later this week. I am having my car delivered since I work from home due to covid and have a bunch of meetings this week. How many of you guys opted for home delivery and what is expected?

Last edited:
Reactions: LMP77
It can be as fast as you want. I signed papers and made payment in my Tesla account the day before pickup. I got a text 20 min before pickup my car was ready and waiting in a numbered space. When I got there I inspected the outside before accepting delivery through my Tesla Account. Once I accepted delivery, the Tesla app showed my car and I could unlock it. Papers were on the console that could have been sent back with FedEx but I just gave to the SAs after they fixed my seats not folding. I was done in 45 minutes including them lubing whatever mechanism causes the seats to not fold. You could theoretically be in and out in 5 min.[/QUOTE

So you got yours delivered to you?