Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

California waiting room Q4

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Picked up my MY today! 87k VIN - no laminated glass, no metal scrolls, no USB. Could not find any issues with interior or exterior. Back seats weren’t folding with button so I told the guys at the SC I picked up at and they lubed it and it’s fine. They also gave me a free year of supercharging and free year of premium connectivity. No alignment or paint issues that I have identified. Bumper matches as close as I’ve seen possible. Yay!

Attachments

• D1D23292-87B0-4117-AACF-237E8A43A3D3.jpeg
    D1D23292-87B0-4117-AACF-237E8A43A3D3.jpeg
    673.1 KB · Views: 62
  • 58F87674-36D9-4FF8-BE4A-9A3AB0AC88CC.jpeg
    58F87674-36D9-4FF8-BE4A-9A3AB0AC88CC.jpeg
    396.3 KB · Views: 51
Reactions: AmbienWalrus
Picked up my MY today! 87k VIN - no laminated glass, no metal scrolls, no USB. Could not find any issues with interior or exterior. Back seats weren’t folding with button so I told the guys at the SC I picked up at and they lubed it and it’s fine. They also gave me a free year of supercharging and free year of premium connectivity. No alignment or paint issues that I have identified. Bumper matches as close as I’ve seen possible. Yay!

Congratulations, but I'm confused. Your car doesn't have the "updates" like laminated glass, metal scrolls and USB?

Does your VIN have a letter M in it? As I heard that’s a 2021 model Y. No auto dimming mirrors either? That’s rather weird. Congratulations on your car.

Reactions: g0bears
Guys, I apologize. I’m an idiot and thought the back windows were supposed to be laminated not the front. My car has all of the above (laminated windows, metal scrolls - I thought they would be more bright silver but they are the new ones, and there is a USB in the glovebox. I was too excited and don’t know what I’m talking about.
Haha. You scared me for a second. did they offer the free year of supercharging without you asking for it?

My SA emailed me today to let me know they announced today that any order scheduled to be delivered by the end of the year qualifies for 1 free year of supercharging.

Anyone know how long the pick process takes? How much more paperwork is there to do or do we do that before we pickup? Just would like to know what to expect when it’s my turn.

It can be as fast as you want. I signed papers and made payment in my Tesla account the day before pickup. I got a text 20 min before pickup my car was ready and waiting in a numbered space. When I got there I inspected the outside before accepting delivery through my Tesla Account. Once I accepted delivery, the Tesla app showed my car and I could unlock it. Papers were on the console that could have been sent back with FedEx but I just gave to the SAs after they fixed my seats not folding. I was done in 45 minutes including them lubing whatever mechanism causes the seats to not fold. You could theoretically be in and out in 5 min.

Reactions: RT-3