Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

California waiting room Q4

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Ordered in early Nov; still waiting in SF Bay Area
Think we'll be waiting atleast a week or 2 :( I ordered mid Nov with the hopes I'd take delivery in time for my wife's bday which is this Saturday, doesn't seem like we'll achieve delivery by then. Guess it really didn't matter when I ordered, I see that other folks in the Bay Area placed orders in Oct that still haven't taken delivery or even received a VIN.

Does anyone have an understanding of Telsa VINs? Looking at the Teslike Model Y Survey & Order Tracker, I see several VINs that are identical. The image attached to this post is only one recent example of multiple people reporting identical VINs.

Attachments

• Identical VINs.JPG
    Identical VINs.JPG
    29.4 KB · Views: 45
Does anyone have an understanding of Telsa VINs? Looking at the Teslike Model Y Survey & Order Tracker, I see several VINs that are identical. The image attached to this post is only one recent example of multiple people reporting identical VINs.

It rounds to the nearest 55 for privacy reasons.

Also, ordered 10/19 in Norcal. LR White/White 19' no FSD no tow, Date on account updated today to 12/18 - 12/31. SA won't respond to me but calling the SC I finally found someone that said to expect a call 27-31 and a VIN assignment right before Christmas day.

Also, ordered 10/19 in Norcal. LR White/White 19' no FSD no tow, Date on account updated today to 12/18 - 12/31. SA won't respond to me but calling the SC I finally found someone that said to expect a call 27-31 and a VIN assignment right before Christmas day.
Thanks Taco9000, crazy how we all are getting different info for the same MY config. My SA told me that I would get a VIN ~12/20 and delivery quickly after. I wonder if they are just telling us "something" right/wrong, just to get us off their backs :)

Got the same model answer from my call to the customer service as I posted somewhere. Looks like they are serving SoCal now, and will leave the last few days to NorCal.

Reactions: AmbienWalrus
Ordered 04-Dec. Assigned VIN today (96xxx).
LR, MSM, White interior and Tow.
SF Bay Area

Just got a text indicating car is on the way to the delivery center and that I should schedule an appointment. Sadly, when I click the link for appointments, I'm get the following:

""There are currently no appointments available
A Tesla representative will contact you.
We are working on increasing available appointments. Please check back at 8AM tomorrow.""

Just a question, Got a call from my SA, found me a match WHT/no tow, no FSD. The Vin is a 732XX. He assures me that it is a 2021(build date 11/28/2020) with all of the updates. Why is my VIN so much lower then some that I have seen(92). I am taking delivery on 12/24, unless there is a major problem I will be accepting the car . Ha anyone receive a VIN in that range that can tell me if it has all on the latest updates.

Thanks

Do you think telling Tesla that I'm flexible with any configuration would speed up VIN assignment and delivery?
Ha! Good question. I just emailed my SA a few minutes ago and told him that, if going with either tow or no tow would help my delivery speed up, I'd be happy either way. (order in the system is for no tow, which I would suspect would be easier, but who knows how the build process works....) I'll let you know what I hear about that specific possible change.

Also, I would have guessed, that since I ordered with FSD, which should be a zero labor, nearly 100% margin add for Tesla, that they'd move more quickly with those. Not sure I'm seeing a significant difference (non-scientifically) on FSD vs. non-FSD deliveries, though.

• Informative
Reactions: Mr. James
Just got a text indicating car is on the way to the delivery center and that I should schedule an appointment. Sadly, when I click the link for appointments, I'm get the following:

""There are currently no appointments available
A Tesla representative will contact you.
We are working on increasing available appointments. Please check back at 8AM tomorrow.""

So VIN assigned today and scheduled for inspection and pickup in 2 hours!