Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

California waiting room Q4

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I ordered my MY LR 20’ induction wheels black interior, no tow. Order date was Nov 27. The original timeframe was 4-8 weeks. Changed to 2-5 weeks. Then to dec 10-31 then to dec 10-28th. Now it’s dec 15-28. No VIN, emailed rep, he said I should be getting vin shortly (this was on the 11th) and I should get the car tentatively on 16th. Hoping for delivery December 2020 so
I can get those free supercharging miles!
What you guys think?
I’m in the same boat. Waiting. Refreshing my Tesla account every 30 seconds or so. LOL

Reactions: Mitchoacan and RT-3
same specs and order day?
No. Ordered LR DBM Black interior, Inductions, FSD, No tow on 11/13, changed to white interior on 11/20. So I’ve been waiting longer than you, but nowhere near as long as many others on here. My SA says no doubt about getting my car before the end of the year, but I’ll be a lot happier with a VIN and delivery date!

Reactions: RT-3
I ordered on 12/4 LR Black, black Int, inductions, and no tow and when I talked to the SA on Saturday, he said that VINs should be assigned here in AZ in the next couple of days. I hope that is true because I forsure haven’t waited as long as some of you, but I’m still impatient as I’m seeing people get their VIN assigned right away haha

Received the text today... Ordered 11/16, LR AWD Silver, no FSD or hitch. At home delivery scheduled for this week (vin 0862XX) in Los Angeles.

Opinion wanted: I live very close to the SC. Any reason not to proceed with home delivery?

I switched from home to SC delivery because you have to accept delivery before the drop it off, a worker will drive your car to your house, they can drop it off in the middle of the night and you won’t have an opportunity to ask for minor adjustments if they do. When I picked up Saturday my back seats wouldn’t fold down with the button in the trunk. They fixed it while I was there, which wouldn’t have happened if I took home delivery.

I switched from home to SC delivery because you have to accept delivery before the drop it off, a worker will drive your car to your house, they can drop it off in the middle of the night and you won’t have an opportunity to ask for minor adjustments if they do. When I picked up Saturday my back seats wouldn’t fold down with the button in the trunk. They fixed it while I was there, which wouldn’t have happened if I took home delivery.

I got a home delivery scheduled as well, but was informed that I don't have to accept delivery before the drop off.

OMG thank you so much! The number worked!!lFinally was able to talk to a real representative from Tesla. Althgough he said he can not see any specific updates per my order because the VIN has not assigned yet, so there is not much info in the system and asked me to follow up with my SA for further updates. After learning my SA is very unresponsive, he did go into my account and check everything my SA should have done for me and informed me that everything looks alright and should expect the delivery by the end of this year.

We placed our order back on 10/28 for a LR AWD MSM, with FSD, no hitch, finally got the VIN and request for final payment Saturday. Picked it up today at the Dublin Service center and it looks great, no major issues. I asked the born/build date and was told it was Saturday, so we were matched right as it was built and had a whole 3 miles on it when we picked it up. VIN is in the 85,xxx range. Has the new scroll wheels, laminated front windows and USB in the glove box. We supposedly qualify for the year of supercharging so we'll see how long that takes to show up in our account. So for others in the Bay Area, the Q4 rush is on!

Reactions: AmbienWalrus
How do you feel about getting home delivery (vs pick up at delivery center)?
well since Covid is getting worse they told me that this would be what they would recommend. the fact they told me if i noticed anything wrong with the car they will still service it if there was any issues. i can take my time looking at the car from the comfort of my driveway. ill post my experience when they drop off my car.

Reactions: AmbienWalrus