Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

California waiting room Q4

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
well since Covid is getting worse they told me that this would be what they would recommend. the fact they told me if i noticed anything wrong with the car they will still service it if there was any issues. i can take my time looking at the car from the comfort of my driveway. ill post my experience when they drop off my car.
Don’t forget, post some pictures! :):cool:

Reactions: RT-3
We placed our order back on 10/28 for a LR AWD MSM, with FSD, no hitch, finally got the VIN and request for final payment Saturday. Picked it up today at the Dublin Service center and it looks great, no major issues. I asked the born/build date and was told it was Saturday, so we were matched right as it was built and had a whole 3 miles on it when we picked it up. VIN is in the 85,xxx range. Has the new scroll wheels, laminated front windows and USB in the glove box. We supposedly qualify for the year of supercharging so we'll see how long that takes to show up in our account. So for others in the Bay Area, the Q4 rush is on!
I ordered the same build as you w/o FSD. Picking up in Dublin Thursday. And my vin is 86XXX range. Hopefully, it’s all good with no major issues. Did you notice anything off about the car?

Hi, folks. i took delivery, yesterday in the SF Bay Area. Seeing all the responses saying minimal to no issues got my hopes up, but I ended up with a dozen or so issues. I think these are all fairly minor with the exception of one or two.

Noises: If I adjust the driver seat to the lowest position, which is where I feel most comfortable, there is a pop/crack sound just before it gets to there. It is repeatable.

Driver side view mirror: Believe it. I’m 5’10”, so not super tall, and I cannot get the mirror into the position I want. Passenger side mirror seems to have a greater range than driver side.

Paint: The only paint issue was a scratch by the passenger door hinge, so only noticeable if you opened up the door.

Panel Gaps:
1. Headlights: One has a gap towards the top, the other has a gap towards the front corner. I’m not sure which is right (or if either is)

2. Taillights: The lights themselves seem to be installed fine, but the corners of the bumper where it meets the taillight and rear quarter panel stick out. At least 3 corners. I could probably just press that in, but was thinking I’d just have SC handle it.

3. A-Pillar: Driver side A-pillar has a bigger gap than the passenger side’s A-pillar.

4. Lift gate and driver side glass: I’m not sure if this is an issue with the lift gate or the small glass window by the lift gate, but I can see the top of the glass, whereas on the passenger side, the top of the glass is covered.

5. Driver side door and front quarter panel. Gap tapers down from top to bottom

6. Frunk: Gap tapers down from top to bottom.

If anyone wants to see pics, let me know. I already setup a service appointment for Kato Rd in Fremont. Seems the Bay Area service centers all have a less than stellar reputation, but I figured Kato Rd would be the most capable.

Picked up 12/12 and they bumped up my SC visit to today (12/16) at the Fremont Delivery Hub, so we'll see how that goes... I was thinking maybe the issues I noted were due to the end of the year push, but it sounds like a bunch of other people are getting their cars with barely any issues.

We placed our order back on 10/28 for a LR AWD MSM, with FSD, no hitch, finally got the VIN and request for final payment Saturday. Picked it up today at the Dublin Service center and it looks great, no major issues. I asked the born/build date and was told it was Saturday, so we were matched right as it was built and had a whole 3 miles on it when we picked it up. VIN is in the 85,xxx range. Has the new scroll wheels, laminated front windows and USB in the glove box. We supposedly qualify for the year of supercharging so we'll see how long that takes to show up in our account. So for others in the Bay Area, the Q4 rush is on!
Did they subtract the $1,500 Clean Fuel Reward on your final price?

How long did you guys wait to have dates specified for your deliver window? I ordered LR/white/white/20” on 12/10 and my account still says “2 to 3 weeks”. I know I’ve got some time to kill while waiting, just curious.

I went from weeks, to dates, to weeks, and just now back to dates again. Not sure how to read the tea leaves on that.

I ordered the same build as you w/o FSD. Picking up in Dublin Thursday. And my vin is 86XXX range. Hopefully, it’s all good with no major issues. Did you notice anything off about the car?

No, nothing major that we found. Couple of minor scratches on the rear plastic bumper and below the trim on one side. They were able to wipe/buff most of them off right there on the spot, but it wasn't anything we couldn't live without. Most other things on the check list were fine. A couple picking up a Y in the spot behind us also had some minor imperfections on the exterior that they were buffing out, and their passenger window wasn't rolling back up when the door closed, but they drove it into service for a quick check and once they brought it back out it was working.

Just spoke to my local SC and they stated that they are still only getting a few cars here and there but expect to receive hundreds of new Model Y's starting 12/20. Hoping that's true, the wait is killing me. Although I am not looking forward to being rushed through the delivery process since I am sure all the SoCal SC's are going to be overwhelmed in the next few weeks.

Reserved basically at launch but changed order on 11/3 for socal. MYP. Blue exterior, black interior, no fsd or tow hook. Never had a delivery estmiate on my account page and no vin. I contacted SA and they said delivery is projected to be within the next two weeks. Seems like the push is real.

Latest update, this is what i got from my rep. I have no vin yet, he originally mentioned tentatively on the 16th it would arrive....
"HI Patrick
Your account looks good. Most of the Model Y’s will be coming down this weekend.
Ill keep on eye on it. But no need to worry, you will get the car by end of DEC and 1 year of supercharging"