Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Can you "un-option" autopilot and/or 75kw on inventory cars?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Looking the attributes for inventory cars at EV-CPO you will see that all cars listed have autopilot "1.0", "2.0" or "FSD". What I was wondering is if the autopilot and 75Kwh options can be turned off and the price of the car dropped accordingly. Basically turning a 75D with FSD into a 60D without autopilot

Some reasons to want to do that:
1) Decrease the price of the car/loan payments
2) Decrease excise taxes (paid every year, if you have them)
3) Decrease sales tax (always have to pay sales tax when registering car. May NOT have to pay sales tax if you enable an option at a later date in a state that does not have a Tesla site - such as Maine)
4) Decrease insurance costs - not sure if it would - question for another post
5) wait to upgrade until car "broken in"
6) all of the above

Obviously you are paying tesla extra to enable later, but that might still make sense for reasons above

Looking the attributes for inventory cars at EV-CPO you will see that all cars listed have autopilot "1.0", "2.0" or "FSD". What I was wondering is if the autopilot and 75Kwh options can be turned off and the price of the car dropped accordingly. Basically turning a 75D with FSD into a 60D without autopilot

Some reasons to want to do that:
1) Decrease the price of the car/loan payments
2) Decrease excise taxes (paid every year, if you have them)
3) Decrease sales tax (always have to pay sales tax when registering car. May NOT have to pay sales tax if you enable an option at a later date in a state that does not have a Tesla site - such as Maine)
4) Decrease insurance costs - not sure if it would - question for another post
5) wait to upgrade until car "broken in"
6) all of the above

Obviously you are paying tesla extra to enable later, but that might still make sense for reasons above
I was offered to take off 75d to 60d, fsd, AP2 and reduce the price accordingly for brand new inventory cars. The only catch was if they had a discount on them, that will go away too.

It is very much possible to buy an inventory vehicle and have certain optional features downgraded. We just purchased an inventory Model X that was a test-drive / showroom vehicle. It was offered with an almost $7,000 discount and had EAP and FSD included. We requested that they downgrade both FSD and EAP and had the price reduced accordingly. We still received the original discount.

I can confirm this also, I was offered the same discount for inventory car that has AP and FSD but they can take them off, same with 75 to 60 since I am looking for 60. I ended up buying new car since the inventory car has more options that I need such as subzero, etc