Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Canada Waiting Room

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Around here, there was zero inventory available, then suddenly last week, there's a whole pile of vehicles available. Of course none are the colours that I want, so I sit and wait... 😆

Would appear that if I wanted anything with 7 seats and a white interior, I'd have my pick. But I have no use for 7 seats, and CANNOT do white with the dog... haha
Same boat as you, dont really need the 7 seater and cant manage the white interior with a dog :) I actually liked the wood-like interior dash trims better than the white ones
But if I go with any of those, I have faster options available

I was definitely wondering this as my (what I thought) basic order got pushed out to what would be 5+ months. I was in a position where I could, at least in theory, possibly make use of the 7 seats so I took the bait.

I didn't mind the white visually, but I don't trust myself with it. I wear jeans most days, 3 kids under 5 and probably another pup at some point in the future (we just lost ours). I also didn't mind the touch of wood either, even if I wish it were a bit of a darker tone. The white just felt like a burden that would be looming over me all the time.

The flip side of that is that the 5 seaters are in such demand that they can't make any inventory builds for them, and when an order gets cancelled and one pops up it gets scooped up immediately by someone less concerned about their specifics away.

I was already tipping the scales of my budget so the rebate helped get us that added utility and the car sooner... hopefully. It also happened to be my exact color and build combo and I'm hoping to keep it long term. Hope it wasn't the wrong call.

Reactions: ms_evpurchase
Hey! New here and thought I would post my journey as well.

My build:

MYLR | white ext. | black int. | 19” Gemini wheels | 5 seater

Ordered in Etobicoke, Ontario

OD: March 21
EDD1: Apr-June
EDD2: July 22-Sept 2

My EDD2 was updated on April 25.

I think it’s time to start looking at existing inventory.

Reactions: Shevek
MYLR5/Blue/Black
AB, Canada
OD: 05 Feb 23
EDD1: Mar - Apr
EDD2: Apr - Jun
EDD3: 14 May- 18 Jun
EDD4: 10 Jul - 21 Aug

There are a number of MYLR available online now, but none are 5 seat + black interior. (There are MYLR 5 + Blue/White, or MYLR7 + Blue/Black)

Two young kids + large dog makes the 5 seat + black interior essential.

Reactions: Shevek
There is a black 5 seat with white interior and 20”s on the lot in Edmonton without tow.Tow package can be added at Tesla but the wife doesn’t want the white interior. We aren’t in a rush either although our trade value could decrease the amount of the white interior by the time her order shows up. So if anyone in Alberta wants that one contact Edmonton store.

MYLR5/Blue/Black
AB, Canada
OD: 05 Feb 23
EDD1: Mar - Apr
EDD2: Apr - Jun
EDD3: 14 May- 18 Jun
EDD4: 10 Jul - 21 Aug

There are a number of MYLR available online now, but none are 5 seat + black interior. (There are MYLR 5 + Blue/White, or MYLR7 + Blue/Black)

Two young kids + large dog makes the 5 seat + black interior essential.
We're at same boat. Only difference is I ordered one month late but now have same EDD.

Tesla doesn't want produce high demand 5 seat + black interior to avoid loosing higher profit on other non essential add-on. Too many people bite the bait to save waiting time make this strategy works better

Reactions: ms_evpurchase