Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Canada Waiting Room

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I think orders before May still get the connectors, after that you get the credit.
Orders after April 28th don't get the credit and don't get the connector. They have to purchase it on their own at full price. All orders April 28th and earlier will now get the credit. For a while orders before April 28th were still getting it in the car at delivery but once Tesla used up all the MC kits without 14-50 and moved to a kit with 14-50 they started doing the credit (for Apr 28th and earlier) instead of having it in the car at delivery.

It is finally happening. The unthinkable, unattainable, the miracle of California is real:

Hi (amazingly lucky buyer), your Model Y has just departed from our factory and is in transit to your delivery center!

To ensure no delays in your delivery, log in to your Tesla Account as soon as possible to complete your pre-delivery tasks.

Reply to this message if you need assistance.

It is finally happening. The unthinkable, unattainable, the miracle of California is real:

Hi (amazingly lucky buyer), your Model Y has just departed from our factory and is in transit to your delivery center!

To ensure no delays in your delivery, log in to your Tesla Account as soon as possible to complete your pre-delivery tasks.

LOL Nice!

Reactions: canadian.bacon

I need assistance! Can you pls reply to them for me?? 😂

Congrats! Your MYLR is Yours to Discover!

My pickup is arranged for tomorrow and today I called to arrange the insurance policy, something interesting I wanna bring up here and share.

My insurance is through TDMM, been with them for over 10 yrs and they'd been great to me. Today I was informed they no longer offer the 5 year replacement cost clause since November 2021 to any vehicle, and instead they offer a 3 year depreciation waiver only, and to me without the coverage of the 5 year replacement clause is a huge bumpmer. That means our cars are no longer covered against the ever inflating prices when it comes to replacement cost. Because the now depreciation waiver will only pay you either the invoice price or MSRP at that time for whichever is LOWER! In fact after adding the depreciation waiver my new policy just merely adding a few bucks. Actually my thoughts are the market these days will barely needs a depreciation waiver since cars don't depreciate at its usual pace anymore.

Does anyone know other insurance companies are doing the same to cover their ass against the ever inflating new car MSRP?

Reactions: Joey_82
My pickup is arranged for tomorrow and today I called to arrange the insurance policy, something interesting I wanna bring up here and share.

My insurance is through TDMM, been with them for over 10 yrs and they'd been great to me. Today I was informed they no longer offer the 5 year replacement cost clause since November 2021 to any vehicle, and instead they offer a 3 year depreciation waiver only, and to me without the coverage of the 5 year replacement clause is a huge bumpmer. That means our cars are no longer covered against the ever inflating prices when it comes to replacement cost. Because the now depreciation waiver will only pay you either the invoice price or MSRP at that time for whichever is LOWER! In fact after adding the depreciation waiver my new policy just merely adding a few bucks. Actually my thoughts are the market these days will barely needs a depreciation waiver since cars don't depreciate at its usual pace anymore.

Does anyone know other insurance companies are doing the same to cover their ass against the ever inflating new car MSRP?

Thanks for sharing. I'm with TDMM as well and will likely be calling them in a week or so for my Y. I do have a 3 and another vehicle with them that have the 5 year replacement cost option. Interesting to hear how they no longer offer it. Do get the sense that the market / economy are all out of sorts these days...

Well, we were all wrong, LOL
Ordered March 6, 2022 - does not come with a mobile connector.

"Prepare for delivery and consider a charging solution for your Model Y. You may use the Tesla Shop code below to put $255 towards a Tesla Wall Connector, our quickest, most convenient way to charge at home or apply the Shop Code to fully cover the purchase of a Mobile Connector.
Your car comes standard with the J1772 adapter, which can be used at any third-party charging station."

However, on the Tesla website, right under the connector page:

Note: Vehicle orders placed after April 28, 2022 will not include a Mobile Connector with delivery. Your order will ship closer to your vehicle delivery date.

I ordered one way before, seeing how hard is to get your hand on one and ordered a separate 14-50 adapter. Now I have 2 connectors, one in the car and one at home. We do go camping often and sometimes road trips in the spur of the moment on; better to have one with me.
The Tesla code covers all costs. Be sure you have a valid creditcard, otherwise the payment of $0 will be declined. Go figure.

Last edited:
Well, we were all wrong, LOL
Ordered March 6, 2022 - does not come with a mobile connector.

"Prepare for delivery and consider a charging solution for your Model Y. You may use the Tesla Shop code below to put $255 towards a Tesla Wall Connector, our quickest, most convenient way to charge at home or apply the Shop Code to fully cover the purchase of a Mobile Connector.
Your car comes standard with the J1772 adapter, which can be used at any third-party charging station."

However, on the Tesla website, right under the connector page:

Note: Vehicle orders placed after April 28, 2022 will not include a Mobile Connector with delivery. Your order will ship closer to your vehicle delivery date.

I ordered one way before, seeing how hard is to get your hand on one and ordered a separate 14-50 adapter. Now I have 2 connectors, one in the car and one at home. We do go camping often and sometimes road trips in the spur of the moment on; better to have one with me.
The Tesla code covers all costs. Be sure you have a valid creditcard, otherwise the payment of $0 will be declined. Go figure.
That is exactly what I said, isn't it? Or am I missing something?
Any order before April 29th gets MC. For a while it was still coming in the car and then Tesla finished off their stock of the kit that doesn't have the 14-50 (this is the one that has come in the car previously). Then they started giving the credits to get a free MC kit that includes the 14-50 (or you have the option to put the credit towards a WC). For orders April 29th and onward you get nothing.

I also will end up with a spare 14-50 as I ordered one months ago because people were saying they are rarely in stock. By the time I found out the new kits have the 14-50 it was too late to return my 14-50 adapter. It is unopened so I will try to sell it but with all the new kits including it (whether via credit or buying without credit) I can't see the demand for it lasting. But I didn't order a MC as I knew I was getting one either in the car or via credit. Just didn't know it was going to be a new kit with 14-50 back when I ordered the 14-50. I installed a WC for home charging already.

That is exactly what I said, isn't it? Or am I missing something?
Yep,

Although while that is Tesla's policy I think there have been some exceptions (as you noted likely due to stock and such).

I was provided a credit with the MYLR7 that I order in Sept 2021, delivered Sept 2022.

But to my surprise I was provided the 14-50 kit with the MYP that I ordered in Sept 2022 (also delivered in Sept 2022). I wasn't going to complain about that one lol.

Reactions: arbitrage000
@arbitrage000 I ordered on March 6 and still got the voucher, not the device. Maybe I get a connector as well with the car :)
Exactly. They were still including it in the car for a few months and over the last month or two have been giving the credit instead (with a few exceptions). I'm expecting the credit for my March 11th order when my turn comes. But for orders April 29th or newer they don't get the credit and they don't get the MC in the car.

Exactly. They were still including it in the car for a few months and over the last month or two have been giving the credit instead (with a few exceptions). I'm expecting the credit for my March 11th order when my turn comes. But for orders April 29th or newer they don't get the credit and they don't get the MC in the car.
I thought orders prior to April 29 get the mc and after April 29, they get the voucher
I don't think they would let you stranded without ANY connector

I thought orders prior to April 29 get the mc and after April 29, they get the voucher
I don't think they would let you stranded without ANY connector
After April 28th don't get the MC included at all. But they let you know at time of ordering and it is now an option on the main car order page. You are expected to order it with the car for the extra charge (if you want it). Then they are only shipping them closer to your delivery day (which is what that "note" you quoted was referring to).
Capture.JPG