Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Canada Waiting Room

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Here’s my story, placed an order for Model 3 LR from the inventory on the 11th August. Estimated pickup was 21st to 4th September. I constantly kept checking with the agent and they said it would arrive for the 28th August. But i was planning to go on a trip then so booked the delivery for 6th September. And then got a call from the agent on the 2nd saying the truck had some mechanical issue so got delayed. But i had already booked tickets for the 6th. So kept checking with them and finally yesterday they replied it passed edmonton and could pickup today but my flight got cancelled. So i will be picking it up tmrw.

Pickup Location: Saskatoon
the speed of transit is just insanely slow, cause I texted them on Monday and told car was in Edmonton, been 3 days and it’s in Saskatoon. 3days 500km

Estimated delivery date for my MYLR (Red color) is still Sep 7-21 (OD: July 7). I emailed Tesla SA yesterday for an update. I got an email from him with VIN number (yay!) - even though it's not yet updated on Tesla's website.
I remember someone in this group saying that there's a Reddit page where you can check the actual build date for the car - once VIN is assigned. Does someone know a reliable website / Reddit thread to find out that info?

Estimated delivery date for my MYLR (Red color) is still Sep 7-21 (OD: July 7). I emailed Tesla SA yesterday for an update. I got an email from him with VIN number (yay!) - even though it's not yet updated on Tesla's website.
I remember someone in this group saying that there's a Reddit page where you can check the actual build date for the car - once VIN is assigned. Does someone know a reliable website / Reddit thread to find out that info?
I dont know how to check but why you need such info? All Ys from Shanhai are HW3 anyway.

This is to better estimate delivery time... Since, based on the date of manufacture, I can make a calculated guess on which ship it must be on and therefore probable delivery date... I'm planning a vacation and this info will help me plan accordingly.
Same EDD, while I email Tesla this week, one rep replied my Y will arrive by the end of next week latest. I expect all of us with same EDD were on the same ship which docked Vancouver on 14 Aug. I have got my VIN on one of the documents while the ship passed by Japan though.

I gave him the vin and he gave all details about my car

Reactions: SamGr
I am pretty sure that my Y is on Viking which docked Vancouver on 14 Aug. Because I got my VIN while Viking passed Japan as most ppl experienced here.
I ordered my YLR August 18th from inventory "coming soon" with EDD September 7-14 , I was originally told the car should be delivered to Saskatoon Sept 6th , yesterday I was told the Model Y is " on the boat , and has yet to arrive in Canada..but most likely will arrive early next week. " I have had a VIN since I ordered it August 18th . I am getting exasperated wondering if it really is at sea or if the SA really know where it is. Interesting to read other peoples threads !

My EDD also updated from Sep 7-21 to Sep 12-26 today (OD: Jul 7) Delivery location: Vaughan, ON.
I guess, we're getting our cars together! 😂
Mine updated from 7-21 Sept to 14-28 Sept. Same pick up location. Nevertheless if delivery dates after the end of Sept, I will cancel my order as the reason that I purchase an Y now is because of FSD transferring offer.

EDD:Sept 7th- 21st
New EDD: 12th - 26th
OD: Aug 2
Original EDD: Sept 7 - 21
EDD updated today to: Sept 13-27

Assuming that multiple cars for the same location arrive at the same time, it seems that Tesla is staggering the delivery dates to spread out the deliveries as they can only deliver so many cars in a single day.