Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Canada Waiting Room

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
OD: Aug 2
Original EDD: Sept 7 - 21
EDD updated today to: Sept 13-27

Assuming that multiple cars for the same location arrive at the same time, it seems that Tesla is staggering the delivery dates to spread out the deliveries as they can only deliver so many cars in a single day.
they texted that my car is expected to arrive September 18th in Saskatoon but could be delayed " a day or two " so booked me for the 22nd for delivery , fingers crossed as a 1200 km drive to get it :) , so are these cars already in Canada or still on a boat somewhere ?

Where do you read this? Share the link if possible thanks.
He said, "This is a one-time amnesty, so you need to take advantage of it in Q3, or at least place the order in Q3 within reasonable time frames. So, yeah, I hope this makes people happy."

So according to this, if order is placed in Q3, it's still eligible for FSD transfer.

This article has the quotation... Tesla Will Allow Owners To Transfer FSD To A New Car, With A Catch

If you hear Elon Musk in the embedded YouTube video in this link, (timeline: 26:49 to 27:42) he clearly says, "...within reasonable delivery time frames...".

Last edited:
Received a message from Tesla saying that they assigned a new VIN and eta now is October 2nd week 😭
if this make you feel better. yesterday evening, I got a text from tesla (seems auto generated) saying my car will not get deliveried, and they are working on contacting the factory of building a new one. lost of all of the hope of getting the car within a month. I'm going to talk to the SA in person today.

if this make you feel better. yesterday evening, I got a text from tesla (seems auto generated) saying my car will not get deliveried, and they are working on contacting the factory of building a new one. lost of all of the hope of getting the car within a month. I'm going to talk to the SA in person today.
Sorry to know that. You should definitely speak with an SA in person. They might be able to arrange a similar car from inventory.
Another option is that someone might decide to refuse delivery (for any reason...may not be due to built quality related issue, but may be due to financial reasons or someone might want to wait for HW4, etc)...and that car might become available for you... When I got my Model X last year - after waiting for nearly 10 months - I found that my car was initially registered to someone else (there was an ownership document with another person's name with same VIN number in the glove box of the car). When I showed that document to the Tesla delivery person, they had to re-register my car (and get new Licence plates issued) for me. My delivery got delayed by a day. So, you never know what kind of options you might get presented with - in person.

Reactions: chrishuang
Sorry to know that. You should definitely speak with an SA in person. They might be able to arrange a similar car from inventory.
Another option is that someone might decide to refuse delivery (for any reason...may not be due to built quality related issue, but may be due to financial reasons or someone might want to wait for HW4, etc)...and that car might become available for you... When I got my Model X last year - after waiting for nearly 10 months - I found that my car was initially registered to someone else (there was an ownership document with another person's name with same VIN number in the glove box of the car). When I showed that document to the Tesla delivery person, they had to re-register my car (and get new Licence plates issued) for me. My delivery got delayed by a day. So, you never know what kind of options you might get presented with - in person.
thanks for this

Reactions: SamGr
Sorry to know that. After calling the SA they too confirmed tht my new delievery date is oct 2nd week.

Well, apparently they assigned me a new one that’s still in China