Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Canada Waiting Room

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I receive this msg "
we plan to have your Model Y available for you to pick up this month. Please take this opportunity to review and finalize the pre-delivery tasks in your Tesla Account.

If you're unable to pick up your Model Y in September, please reply to this message so an Advisor can follow up with you to discuss your options."

As I like to have my car asap, Looks like I don't need reply this msg?

Reactions: SamGr
I receive this msg "
we plan to have your Model Y available for you to pick up this month. Please take this opportunity to review and finalize the pre-delivery tasks in your Tesla Account.

If you're unable to pick up your Model Y in September, please reply to this message so an Advisor can follow up with you to discuss your options."

I got this one as well, I thought I’d get something in my app, nothing changed, still not able to choose any delivery date

I receive this msg "

You don't have to, but to be on safer side, I would still reply saying I'll take delivery in September.

Reactions: gforce2002
Just picked up my Tesla!
Guys, built quality is spectacular! Absolutely zero defects!!!
And full Self Driving software came pre- installed (no mandatory waiting period before downloading the FSD Beta software). I was able to use FSD on my drive from Tesla delivery Centre to back home [once cameras got 100% calibrated].
I'm loving it !
Totally agree! Couldnt find a single issue after spending almost an hour checking! :)

Reactions: ZooSean and SamGr
Picked up my Model Y Long Range yesterday in Vancouver BC, Great Northern Way delivery location. We didn't find any flaws, it's perfect so far!

I wanted to share the BC insurance info now that I have the details. I was looking for all this the past few weeks so hope it helps someone in future.

Here's what ICBC insurance costs. Note that we're three drivers (two adults w/ combined driver factor 0.528 plus one learner):
  • Basic: $1072 (including $202 learner premium)
  • 3rd party liability ($2M): $36
  • Collision ($500 deductible): $1380
  • Comprehensive ($500 deductible): $282
  • RoadStar: $20
  • TOTAL: $2790 ($1072 required, $1718 optional)
The agent also sold me on his Armis Full Vehicle Replacement product. It costs $2565 for 5yrs and will pay for replacing with a new Tesla in case of total loss. (ICBC would only reimburse the depreciated value).

Today I called BCAA to check their pricing on the optional insurances. Their equivalent coverage comes to around $1100, saving me $600. To match the Armis Full Replacement product I opted for BCAA's Replacement Cost Plus for another $408 per year.

So I decided to switch my optionals to BCAA. The agent made all these changes to my insurance over the phone, also updating my ICBC coverage, and I've called the agent from the Tesla Delivery Centre to cancel the Armis coverage (which is allowed within the first 30 days).

I want to add that the agent at Tesla was very friendly, thanks Bruce!!

Reactions: ZooSean and SamGr
Scheduled Delivery for September 29th!

Original: September 7th to 21st
Next: September 18th-30th
Next: October 5th - 10th
Next: September 22nd-30th

Over text, they told me the ETA for my vehicle is September 27th, if I'm lucky, I can even schedule delivery for the earlier date. Was wondering if anyone had luck rescheduling delivery for an earlier day?

Thanks!

Got my blue Y today, all things went smooth in Tesla delivery process. Look like the quality is perfect for the car MIC.

Two things I don't like but I am not blaming Tesla as I have not done enough research.
1) With Vision only no USS, both smart summon and summon is not available. I used that often to move in and out my tight garage for my Model 3. As I transferred FSD to new Y, I now stuck with both Tesla no that feature.
2) From July, all Tesla 3 and Y in China could disable the regen brake. But for the Tesla for Canada market even MIC, this button is still not there. My wife does not like that, and she have to go through a learning process now.

Got my blue Y today, all things went smooth in Tesla delivery process. Look like the quality is perfect for the car MIC.

Two things I don't like but I am not blaming Tesla as I have not done enough research.
1) With Vision only no USS, both smart summon and summon is not available. I used that often to move in and out my tight garage for my Model 3. As I transferred FSD to new Y, I now stuck with both Tesla no that feature.
2) From July, all Tesla 3 and Y in China could disable the regen brake. But for the Tesla for Canada market even MIC, this button is still not there. My wife does not like that, and she have to go through a learning process now.
Congratulations for your new Car!
The issues you mentioned, can be corrected via software updates.... hopefully, soon!
Meanwhile, enjoy your new chariot! 😎

Reactions: ZooSean