Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Canadian 8.0 topic

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I really like 8.0 - can't understand what all the bitching and moaning is about in other threads.....

One small bug - when I looked at the tone controls, they were set flat but the sound was equalized. Once I moved a slider, the tone matched the positions - if that makes any sense!

I really like it too. I understand it's all a matter of taste but I feel the interface refresh brings it in line with how user interfaces have evolved on our smartphones, tablets, etc. Much more modern.

And I like the music app. I like the tile-based navigation. Voice recognition is also more useful. Like the larger map and the auto zoom. And the brief test drive with AP seemed way more stable.

In short, I like it a lot. Not sure what all the disappointment is about.

Reactions: sagaboy and RedP85+
Took the baby for a spin in the morning while doing grocery shopping. AP did "look further" by revealing more obstacles. The car did bounce around the lane markings and I hope it will become better with more fleet data. Finally, I can choose "avoid toll" on the map. The navigation software looks better than on 7.1. Regeneration breaking definitely feels stronger. I have yet to find any bad things about this build. All in all, I do like this update.

So far so good. I like the stronger regen... I'm happy to drive with one pedal as much as possible, so the more regen available, the better IMHO. However, being able to adjust it down for less aggressive behaviour in slippery conditions is also good. By that, I mean, the lower setting is still important and maybe there's room for a third level too.

I was updated as well. One issue that I have is that in my limited experience while playing Slacker music with about 50% of the songs is that part way through the song pauses and then terminates and a new song starts.

Got the updated Friday at around 4pm over LTE.

Regen is definitely much stronger

Display definitely has a nice clean feel.
Though I wish they would put avoid toll options in the navigation rather than turning it on and off in the app settings.

Got the update last night. Looking at it definitely feels more modern. While I like the music icons style, Not sure if I like the music app defaulting to the lower screen as we usually enjoy it on that feature on the top so the kids in the back can also view. (Minor). Haven't taken it for a spin yet to check regen but looks tastefully done :)

Also seems like the settings/controls areas for the car have not been updated in look or style at all. Sort of a half way update?

I took the plunge... Maps are much improved, very snappy, charging button pretty cool. Liking new music layout, u use slacker favs all the time so scroll button changing is great for me. New charge slider sucks, just tell me the %! Haven't driven enough yet to try other tweaks... Liking having my lifetime stats up on the binnacle tho!

Got the update last night. Looking at it definitely feels more modern. While I like the music icons style, Not sure if I like the music app defaulting to the lower screen as we usually enjoy it on that feature on the top so the kids in the back can also view. (Minor). Haven't taken it for a spin yet to check regen but looks tastefully done :)

Also seems like the settings/controls areas for the car have not been updated in look or style at all. Sort of a half way update?

Ok drive the car and the regen seems noticeably stronger. The green kw bar actually passes -50kw far more often. Music apps excellent and easier to navigate. Like the fact that one can switch between am or fm radio by the app rather than having to switch the actual frequency first. So far a great experience.

My Slacker songs are buffering 3x-5x faster than before, awesome!

Would be nice to be able to browse other sources without current source stopping.

Voice commands are very slow to show on screen what it heard.... Maybe just me, I don't have nav/tech so maybe my CPU is slower? I like how it just starts playing a song if it hears it cleanly tho.

Loving the map in top pane and music in bottom. I used to run music full screen day to day, but the new music layout works great in half screen mode.

Overall, very nice!

This has been called "the biggest refresh in the UI since the introduction of the Model S". I don't know if that is the case as the dashboard has very few changes, mainly the icon for Autosteer, etc. The dashboard changed far more with V7. But certainly the centre console has changed a lot, especially the media screens.

One thing that I don't like is that I find it hard to predict when the car is going to use the upper or lower half of the screen when you click one of the top row icons. My default is to have the camera on the top half of the screen and Nav on the lower half of the screen. IMHO this is the safest way to go if you use your camera while driving to help to check your blind spot as it requires just a slight shift down in your field of view. But the car now REALLY wants the Nav screen in the top half. And when you start using the other screens, like the phone or energy screen, it seems to want to nuke everything other than Nav.

Personally I don't use the Nav for Navigating as I use Waze on my phone which is suction cupped to the dashboard as Waze is 10X better than the Tesla. But I do like to see the maps for traffic flow as I drive the 401 to/from work each day.

My Slacker songs are now loading crazy fast, however I logged into my Slacker account on my phone (no more settings in car?), and quality was set to 64k.....Changed to highest setting, will see how/if that affects load times in the car. I tried to login in the car with my credentials, but it didn't seem to work, although my favorites are there, so I guess the car just logs in by itself now.

Did a screen reboot and songs still load much quicker than before.... Nice!

Also, I use night mode all the time, and I find the maps MUCH easier to read now. I briefly switched over to day mode, and I don't know how I ever used it. Night mode so much easier on the eyes, and blends in with the car interior better.