Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Canadian Price Increase Imminent

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
For those looking at latest Model-X price estimate (with the before and after 1-dec price increase):

View attachment 103332

PS: Keep in mind that:
- Air Suspension is mandatory on 90D and P90D
- Leather seats are included in P90D
- Leather seats are mandatory if the "Premium Package" is selected

Glad I grabbed my inventory S60 when I did....no way I could afford the X now, even my basic config of a 70 six seater plus AP is over 115k with tax and rebate. Got my S for 65k plus tax.

Strange however that the price of the new Lincoln MKC I bought in April of this year hasn't changed at since then and it's made in Tennessee...
Every other manufacturer already were pricing their Canadian cars tens of thousands of dollars above the US cars, even when the dollar was on par, no need to change now, they still have thousands of dollars of profit margin to go before they "only" make what they do in the US

Every other manufacturer already were pricing their Canadian cars tens of thousands of dollars above the US cars, even when the dollar was on par, no need to change now, they still have thousands of dollars of profit margin to go before they "only" make what they do in the US

Yes. I know a ton of people that bought vehicles in the States when our dollar was at par. That's where my Leaf is from. There are car dealerships right across the line from me in Bellingham that actively marketed to Canadians. That's all over now.

I have a Model S 85D being delivered at the end of January/early February that I will no longer be able to keep due to some personal reasons. If anyone is interested in purchasing a Model S soon, maybe I can transfer it to someone else. I bought it before the August price increase so I have a pretty good price locked in. Might save someone a good chunk of money. PM me for details or questions.

One would think it would be soon and a large one. It's harder to do these little jumps all the time vs a single one. They can always go down. The difference between us and Canadian build site getting large and ones gotta think our neighbours to the south won't be pleased..

A Tesla rep indicated that another price increase is coming, I believe she said Feb 8th. 6%-8% was mentioned as the increase. I meant to post this 'rumour' earlier while the details were still fresh in my mind, but alas...
As a current owner, I'm not sure whether to be happy or unhappy about this... It's really getting difficult for Canadians to buy a Tesla now... The falling price of oil is affecting everything: CAD$, $TSLA, and the transition to alternative energy.

A Tesla rep indicated that another price increase is coming, I believe she said Feb 8th. 6%-8% was mentioned as the increase. I meant to post this 'rumour' earlier while the details were still fresh in my mind, but alas...
Looks like the invites to the Canadian production Model X will come out with the increased price than I was anticipating. The buzz about the price increase was mentioned elsewhere both in the TMC & TM. Will have to take time before I click the Order button as there will be no advantage of price lock, I will be pushed down the delivery lane:cursing:. Our friends in the USA are getting invited to configure in just 2 weeks time after reserving, so there seems to be absolutely no backlog whatsoever.

Considering we're priced about 10% low right now based on exchange rate a 6-8% increase is still better than what it "should" be.... Have I mentioned recently that I'm not a fan of the governor of the bank of canada?

This is the price of my configuration in US$ today, plus the 7,500/ tax rebates. Have to watch out how much the price will be on Tesla webpage for model X.
X.jpg

I hope the Model-X (production) won't be that high, but if we follow that ~6-8% higher coming 8-feb (?) that would look like this.

I hope, I really hope, that since the signature have been introduced at around ~163K$, they will have a P90D with almost all equipment available at around that price. (pleaseeee Tesla)

Screen Shot 2016-01-31 at 2.46.21 PM.png

I hope the Model-X (production) won't be that high, but if we follow that ~6-8% higher coming 8-feb (?) that would look like this.

I hope, I really hope, that since the signature have been introduced at around ~163K$, they will have a P90D with almost all equipment available at around that price. (pleaseeee Tesla)

Great Job, Thanks . Air suspension is included in 90D. Cold weather package comes with leather steering. Are there any extra taxes such as car import tax, luxury tax, GST, VAT ,air conditioning tax , lithium battery tax etc..
Let's see what this Monday brings in; the TM site was down for a couple of hours may be it was getting tweaked to release Canadian pricing!! Good Luck