Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Car starts charging without prompt

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I reopened another request service with the same issue, and it seems that they forgot to told me to try again next month, because the “change” of the credentials/IP, between the app and the car, it’s only made once, at the beginning of each month 🤷🏻‍♂️

My Service Request is still open and I am updating it every time I have an issue. Despite the account password change and Tesla revoking access tokens the car continues to exhibit the same behaviour, so it 100% has nothing to do with IO.

1. With charging scheduled, charging starts at the scheduled time and charges to completion.
2. Without charging scheduled, checking the Tesla app causes charging to start automatically despite being stopped.
3. Without charging scheduled, charging starts spontaneously despite being stopped.

The third issue is particularly problematic with IO.

My Service Request is still open and I am updating it every time I have an issue. Despite the account password change and Tesla revoking access tokens the car continues to exhibit the same behaviour, so it 100% has nothing to do with IO.

1. With charging scheduled, charging starts at the scheduled time and charges to completion.
2. Without charging scheduled, checking the Tesla app causes charging to start automatically despite being stopped.
3. Without charging scheduled, charging starts spontaneously despite being stopped.

The third issue is particularly problematic with IO.
Even with charging scheduled, my car charges whenever it likes.

Mine continues to charge beyond the level set by IO if it has not reached the charge limit.

Anyway, despite gathering all the information I submitted with my Service Request, Tesla closed it without resolution. I won't be wasting my time on them again :mad:

Same problem here, model 3 LR 21, gen 3 wall charger. Car plugged in at 14 , charge scheduled to 3:30. Charging starts around 18, i stop it in app and it starts again and again and again. Maybe it has something to do with gen 3 wall connector, seems a lot of people report it.

Same problem here, model 3 LR 21, gen 3 wall charger. Car plugged in at 14 , charge scheduled to 3:30. Charging starts around 18, i stop it in app and it starts again and again and again. Maybe it has something to do with gen 3 wall connector, seems a lot of people report it.

I have to swtich to 3 pin plug for a few weeks as I'm having work done in my drive so I'll let you guys know if this keeps happening

Everyone who have this problem, is using a Gen3 wallcharger from Tesla?
I also use a Gen3 wallcharger, in version 23.8.2
I use the UMC. Here's my thread ona similar issue:

Hi, same issue here, MY with a gen 3 wall connector, thought it was octopus intelligent at first but it's looking like an issue with Tesla .

Has anyone had an update from them? At the moment, it's causing issues with io failing to charge overnight as it can't communicate with the vehicle.

Simon

Hi, same issue here, MY with a gen 3 wall connector, thought it was octopus intelligent at first but it's looking like an issue with Tesla .

Has anyone had an update from them? At the moment, it's causing issues with io failing to charge overnight as it can't communicate with the vehicle.

Simon
This now seems to be resolved since upgrading from 2023.12.100 to 2023.26.8.