Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Caution: TESLA caused me to leave my rental car running for 5 hours.

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Yes, with a rental car when travelling with work. Remembered to turn off then engine when I arrived at the hotel, but left the key in the ignition. Just realized it before I entered the reception.

You get used to a lot of things with a Tesla, I like this youtube video posted a short while ago. It's quite spot on if you ask me.

That video is hilarious. I keep trying to put the car in gear with the windshield wiper also.

I've not recently forgotten to turn off my wife's ICE before getting out of the car, but I still catch myself reaching for and almost turning on the windshield wipers (righthand stalk) when I want to put it in Drive

This is what I was going to say. I had a Cruze hatchback rental for a week for work travel back in May. I didn't leave it running at any point, but I turned on the windshield wipers pretty much every day that week.

Every time I drive one of our ICE cars now I'm digging the keys out of my pocket after I get in.

About half the time I leave the keys in the ignition and many times I'll get out with the car still running.

I've even got out and left them running AND still in drive/reverse a couple times.

Opposite problem here. I'd driven my Model S for nearly 90,000 miles over 4.5 years and still, on occasion, reach up to where the ignition switch would be before getting out of the car. I have never once even come close to leaving an ICE car running (i.e rentals or other ICE cars I might drive from time to time).

Yeah same here, the ICE vehicles are so noisy and vibrate so much I don't get how you could leave it on? Weird