Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

CCS Adapter for North America

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I was impressed that I parked next to one for the first time, and then I realize that I am drowning in Teslas where I live and should NOT be impressed that I saw my first Mach E up close. Heck, I've already seen two Rivians in person. Ford is supposed to be a big manufacturer.

Reactions: kayak1
Moderator note: Moved a few posts discussing Tesla Supercharger installs with CCS connectors to this existing thread on the topic:

Bruce.

Found this in another thread:

Any news on what service said? August 2021 delivery not installed - that is extremely disappointing.
I drove by the Tulsa Gallery / Service Center earlier this week and alerted them to the issue of a certain range of 2021 cars not having the CCS capable charging chip. This was news to them but they are looking to see if they happen to have the replacement part.

I need to get my first tire rotation and a small issue fixed with my driver seat anyway so hopefully they can find the part and install it for me when I come by for that appointment.

They’re just as excited for the CCS adapter as we are. Hopefully they can hook me up 😆

CCS compatibility for Models Y & 3 as of 01/05/2021:

5 - CCS1 Compatibility - 1-5-22.jpg

The service center deflected. Said the Gen 4 ECU that I’m supposed to have is not available in the NA market…which doesn’t make sense.
That doesn't sound inconsistent to me. They said they don't have it for you. "At this time" doesn't rule out the possibility that they shipped some cars with it in the past and might again in the future. They just aren't stocking it now.

Tesla doesn't support CCS1 in North America. They never have. They could. They have the part design. But that's not what they sell.

• Funny
Reactions: rhuber