Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

CCS Adapter NOT enabled

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I found a website based in Korea Who basically offers to buy the CCS adapter and ship it to you here in America. I’ve considered buying one myself, but when I started doing some research I noticed that my car says that it is not supported.

Does anyone know if this is something that is changed with a software update or if there’s something with the car that will physically prevent it from using the adapter?

You bought your car when the ECU was changed because of part shortages. See this as to how to fix it. There is evidence that you can’t do it at the moment because the SC just don’t have the part right now. But others have fixed it.

• Informative
Reactions: ElectricAnt54
Tesla service is coming tomorrow to replace the ECU for this. The part was $140. Total invoice came to $299.
Does that sound about right?
Make sure that when they attempt to leave you check your info and see if they did in fact fix it. It should say CCS enabled, if it doesn’t then it won’t work. Good luck, but I don’t think they will have the correct part right now, but you may get lucky.

I noticed that they recently rearranged the order of the items in the 'On the Road' section of the Charging shop online, so there is now a space next to the J1772 adapter.... The CCS adapter would fit their logically....

Tesla service is coming tomorrow to replace the ECU for this. The part was $140. Total invoice came to $299.
Does that sound about right?
Did this work for you? This is a much easier solution and just for $299 not bad at all. I'm on the same boat and would try with the service center first to see if they can do it all. I just got mine last year but one of those that are not enabled due not shortage of the chip.

You can order the part 'directly' through the app, installation would still be up to you, but depending on whether your car just needs the ECU upgraded, or if it needs the 'bundle of wires', you'd have to figure that out for yourself.

I managed to pick up the Gen4 ECU in about an hour after requesting the part through the app.

Tesla App > Service > Request Service > Other > Something Else > in the "Describe Concern" box - Type "Want to order part for pickup. 1537264-00-B, Gen4 charge port ECU for Model 3"

(You don't need to tell them it's for Model 3, but I did in my case, it's the same ECU board for either vehicle)

Can you post a picture of your invoice?
59656294-88CD-4B77-BA80-45AA3155A855.jpeg
1ED0FA7D-FB3C-452E-8B5E-62422650DA3F.jpeg

• Informative
Reactions: Johnny Vector
So, I'm hoping to take delivery of a 22M3LR within the next 5-10 days. I know that once i get the car, i can check to see if CCS is enabled. But do we know generally whether the shortage that caused this to be a question is over at this point? Or, is it a crapshoot, like the matrix headlights?

So, I'm hoping to take delivery of a 22M3LR within the next 5-10 days. I know that once i get the car, i can check to see if CCS is enabled. But do we know generally whether the shortage that caused this to be a question is over at this point? Or, is it a crapshoot, like the matrix headlights?
There's another long thread about CCS adapters and it seems like there was a period of time late last year/early this year where the cars didn't have it enabled. If you're getting a car now it should be ok. But I don't think there is any way to check, at least not until the VIN is issued. Then maybe the SA can check the vehicle details.