Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

CCS Adapter - ?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Have a Sept 2021 MYP and CCS is not enabled :-(

I don't have a Model 3, but some ideas:
  • Wait for Tesla to offer retrofits (whenever they release the CCS1 adapter in North America--should be this year or next).
  • If handy, perform DIY retrofit (see FalconFour's posts).
  • Find Tesla dismantler (there's one in Sacramanto area [zapaska]) or use eBay. Get necessary parts. This table indicates the months when Model 3 should have CCS enabled.
5 - CCS1 Compatibility - 1-5-22.jpg

Complete guess on my part but as they have a healthy supply of Tesla charge stations in the US my guess is they would prefer us to use ($$) their chargers vs selling a part to pay someone else for juice.
Agree. If they aren't compelled to release a North American adapter, there isn't a reason too since every dollar spent on a CCS charge is likely to be seen a dollar not going to a SC.

Reactions: JonB65
Quick update, received my adapter today. Since I shipped to my BC, Canada address via Fedex, I had to pay duties/Taxes. It came to $52.45, which $10 was the Fax ROD fee. Quick service and got my adapter in about a week. Paid my dues to support Canadians ;)

04/20 - Ordered via Harumio
04/21 - Harumio put Tesla Order for adapter
04/26 - Harumio shipped via FedEx expecting to receive 04/29
04/28 - Received adapter from Fedex (1 Day earlier)

Maybe, but the result is the same... an otherwise captive customer is spending money with someone else. The business case would have to prove they'd make more selling the adapter ($300×?) than the projected loss of revenue expected via charging at a SC.
I'm not sure that's necessarily true. I would expect a lot of people would use the adapter mainly when a SC wasn't an option. That's why I want it anyway.

Quick update, received my adapter today. Since I shipped to my BC, Canada address via Fedex, I had to pay duties/Taxes. It came to $52.45, which $10 was the Fax ROD fee. Quick service and got my adapter in about a week. Paid my dues to support Canadians ;)

04/20 - Ordered via Harumio
04/21 - Harumio put Tesla Order for adapter
04/26 - Harumio shipped via FedEx expecting to receive 04/29
04/28 - Received adapter from Fedex (1 Day earlier)
Exact same timeline as you but to Quebec. 70$ CDN in taxes via DHL.

I see cities, municipalities, provinces and the country installing subsidized EV chargers everywhere to catch up to the EV revolution. All of these are CCS. Tesla is basically on its own installing its own network however it is very slow in growth in comparison. The promises of installation Tesla makes are crap. There is one in particular I know of that has been bumped now for 8 years, not acceptable plus when you get off of major routes or into country, good luck. Very happy with this CCS adapter option needless to say.

Anyone able to help me with this? I am from the states and I placed an order 4/21 shipping to my friend's cousin house in Seoul. She was gonna pick it up for me during her trip to Korea. But I haven't received an order tracking. My concern is the red box which translate to Unable to check delivery.

Any ideas? I emailed Tesla Korea, waiting for a response. should have just done this through a proxy service.

The charge went through my credit card.

Screen Shot 2022-04-28 at 10.49.00 PM.png

Anyone able to help me with this? I am from the states and I placed an order 4/21 shipping to my friend's cousin house in Seoul. She was gonna pick it up for me during her trip to Korea. But I haven't received an order tracking. My concern is the red box which translate to Unable to check delivery.

Any ideas? I emailed Tesla Korea, waiting for a response. should have just done this through a proxy service.

The charge went through my credit card...

Sorry. But I think I have heard that other people have that, too. Check. Search the TMC forums but I think others have reported the same. There was no tracking available for me for the initial shipment of the adapter from Tesla-Korea to the Harumio office. So you may be OK. I bet it arrives at that house in Seoul in about four days.

Yes. Here are three people who had that same "Unable to..." language on information from Tesla-Korea. I think you will be OK.

did you ever receive a tracking number from a local korean courier and how long did it take to get from Tesla to Harum?

My order showed this:

order completed​

Unable to check delivery status

a few hours after I placed it, and it still shows this since 4/13

I placed an order yesterday on Tesla Korea for the CCS1 adaptor to be delivered to the Deliver Korea forwarding service. I'm waiting for tracking information to fill out the forwarding form. Tesla Korea currently lists the order status as "Order Completed" "Unable to check delivery status".

Is this a good or bad sign?

Similar for me. Ordered 4/24, this morning (4/28) I got the email they got the package and I paid for shipping. Just waiting for it to ship to me now. Tesla site never changed. Just shows "order complete, unable to check delivery status"