Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

CCS Adapter - ?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
What are your ideas?
This is pretty small and should fit just right going by the internal dimensions listed. Take off the shoulder strap and it should work well. MCHENG Waterproof Shock Resistant Compact Camera Case with Shoulder Strap for Nikon 1 J1 COOLPIX A10 B500 P90 / Sony A5000 A6000 Cyber-Shot DSC-W830 / Olympus Tough TG-5, Black : Amazon.ca: Electronics

That being said, I am sure there is someone working on a case for the adapter that will show up on Amazon pretty soon.

• Helpful
Reactions: tps5352
This is pretty small and should fit just right going by the internal dimensions listed. Take off the shoulder strap and it should work well. MCHENG Waterproof Shock Resistant Compact Camera Case with Shoulder Strap for Nikon 1 J1 COOLPIX A10 B500 P90 / Sony A5000 A6000 Cyber-Shot DSC-W830 / Olympus Tough TG-5, Black : Amazon.ca: Electronics

That being said, I am sure there is someone working on a case for the adapter that will show up on Amazon pretty soon.

lol I might keep the shoulder strap and carry my adapter with me so no one can steal it.

Mine shipped as well today.

04/20 - Ordered via Harumio
04/21 - Harumio put Tesla Order for adapter
04/26 - Harumio shipped via FedEx expecting to receive 04/29

I've requested Fedex instead of DHL from Harumio because I didn't have good experience with DHL in the past.
It's nice that people are getting them through Harumio. It's a little sketchy that they require your Tesla account logon to place the order. You'd think that they could just make an account themselves for the order. It's not like you need a car added to the account to place orders. There's no way I'd give someone my Tesla account that had my car on it.

It's nice that people are getting them through Harumio. It's a little sketchy that they require your Tesla account logon to place the order. You'd think that they could just make an account themselves for the order. It's not like you need a car added to the account to place orders. There's no way I'd give someone my Tesla account that had my car on it.
You didn't use Plaid when you bought your car, did you? :cool:

Tesla has allowed 1 purchase per customer which requires an account, smart otherwise there would never be any in stock and scalpers would be having a hayday selling them for $1000 on eBay. I ordered a second one now knowing it works however the only way I was able to do so was using my other account as I have 2 Teslas.

No matter how you slice or dice this and even if your brother lives in Korea, he would need an account and password to buy one. The only other option is to pay a lot more and buy one of a few on eBay.

Being located in Canada, Superchargers are not every 50 miles apart like in California however CCS ones are and continue to pop up like crazy adapting to the EV world, so a huge benefit. I will rarely use on the road charging as I am well setup with wall connectors at home and the office however knowing I can go anywhere now and charge as required, eliminating range anxiety and planning. They are only $80 more than the expected price we are supposed to pay when they do arrive in America, small price to pay for something that is so beneficial and who knows when and if they will arrive in America. Could be next week or even next year.

Look at it this way, right now you can only fill up at Exxon (Supercharger), with this option you can fill up at all other gas stations (CCS).

Last edited:
Tesla has allowed 1 purchase per customer which requires an account, smart otherwise there would never be any in stock and scalpers would be having a hayday selling them for $1000 on eBay. I ordered a second one now knowing it works however the only way I was able to do so was using my other account as I have 2 Teslas.

No matter how you slice or dice this and even if your brother lives in Korea, he would need an account and password to buy one. The only other option is to pay a lot more and by one of a few on eBay.
Makes sense and that's good that they can't easily scalp them. And there are a few on ebay that will probably sell for $1k they're up to 800+ now.

So my wife came home with the Y today at 52% SOC. Took it to the local Petro Canada gas station where they have ccs1/chademo units. The CCS ones are 350kw so pretty powerful.

Never used one or did anything like it before but piece of cake is all I can say.

Plugged the adapter into the CCS cord and then into the car. Screen said communicating with the car and then a big green check sign came up on screen and asked me to swipe any major credit card which I did. Starting charging right away at a constant 74kw. I let it go for 17 minutes where it had put in 29% and cost me a whooping $3.60 cdn. Charged
from 51% to 80%

Had the battery been warmer and a lower state of charge, I am sure it would have been much quicker. Bottomline is it works no problem.

We now have the option of all Superchargers and everywhere else also, huge advantage for sure.

Man is that CCS plug big and bulky compared to the Tesla unit. Feels weird having a 15' cord, which is about the only thing they have done better than the park within a foot or else Tesla Supercharger cord.

View attachment 797920View attachment 797921View attachment 797922
Here is my first experience with the CCS-1 Adapter. I should be getting mine today. Will be doing more tests at PetroCan, Electrify America (Washington State), and Electrify Canada (Squamish).

Reactions: Midnightsun
Ok, so I finally inserted it into the S butt hole. :eek: Fits no issue whatsoever and does not touch the paint at all, about 1/4" clearance although hard to see in the picture.

Warning!!! I could not get it out after inserting it since it was not attached to a CCS charge cord where one simply presses the button to unlock. For everybody's info, there is a manual release pull wire in the cubby hole to the left located at the upper most part of the cubby hole so out of sight. Put your finger in the hole and fish out the wire and pull if ever you are stuck with a charge cable in the receptacle. I did not know this and learned only because of my mistake. Problem solved, lesson learned. This location is for the 2021+ yoke style Model S, I am sure they all have it but may be located a little differently.

IMG_0015.jpg
IMG_0016.jpg

Ok, so I finally inserted it into the S butt hole. :eek: Fits no issue whatsoever and does not touch the paint at all, about 1/4" clearance although hard to see in the picture.

Warning!!! I could not get it out after inserting it since it was not attached to a CCS charge cord where one simply presses the button to unlock. For everybody's info, there is a manual release pull wire in the cubby hole to the left located at the upper most part of the cubby hole so out of sight. Put your finger in the hole and fish out the wire and pull if ever you are stuck with a charge cable in the receptacle. I did not know this and learned only because of my mistake. Problem solved, lesson learned. This location is for the 2021+ yoke style Model S, I am sure they all have it but may be located a little differently.

View attachment 798117View attachment 798118
Can't you just unlock the port with the app or touchscreen? I don't think you have to go pull the manual release.

Can't you just unlock the port with the app or touchscreen? I don't think you have to go pull the manual release.
Nope, option is not there, only close charge port was available. Even checked the app, nada.

Once removed I checked the screen and unlock is now is there. Something to do with the insertion and not charging I think that changes what is available on the screen. Maybe something they need to address if sales start in America. There is a way out with the manual release wire though and not an issue if used for actual charging. Just waiting for SOC to drop before I actually charge with the S on CCS.

Last edited:
Tried my CCS adapter today at an EA 150kW station nearby. Max I got was 131kW. Added 29kW in 15 minutes, started out at 20% ended at 58%. Only issue was my payment method had expired even though i had plenty of money pre-paid on app. Once i updated it, it work fine. Not thrilled at tension on the adapter from the cable, but it worked as advertised. One thing I noticed is i couldn’t pre-condition the battery like at a SC.

Nope, option is not there, only close charge port was available. Even checked the app, nada.

Once removed I checked the screen and unlock is now is there. Something to do with the insertion and not charging I think that changes what is available on the screen. Maybe something they need to address if sales start in America. There is a way out with the manual release wire though and not an issue if used for actual charging. Just waiting for SOC to drop before I actually charge with the S on CCS.
Weird I had my J1772 adapter locked in there since I use a chargepoint wall unit and it unlocked via the screen and app.