Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

CCS Adapter - ?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Thank you. Is the adapter Harumio selling OEM? Also, I read in a few posts Harumio is asking for Tesla log-in credentials. Is that still correct? I see on their website in the FAQs they are claiming this is not the case.
Yes, it is the Tesla CCS adapter. They are now somehow obtaining them without needing you own login credentials or VIN. Nobody knows exactly how they are getting them, how much longer they can keep them available, or when Tesla will finally start selling them directly in North America.

Reactions: Clark_Kent and KJD
Thank you. Is the adapter Harumio selling OEM? Also, I read in a few posts Harumio is asking for Tesla log-in credentials. Is that still correct? I see on their website in the FAQs they are claiming this is not the case.
Yes the adapter was in Tesla packaging. Looks legit to me. They used to require log in credentials, but not anymore.

Reactions: Clark_Kent
Yes, it's OEM. They are a proxy service where they provide a Korean address for a Korean vendor, in this case Tesla Korea, and then they ship it to you. My wife uses a similar service to buy beauty products.

They current do not require login credentials from you any more. A few weeks ago, they posted on these boards asking for a donor/volunteer to provide credentials. I think the post was deleted. I assume they found somebody either locally here or there to act as donor.

Reactions: Clark_Kent
Well, DHL just said it is out for delivery by the end of today. Originally set for next Tuesday delivery. Looks like Harumio use 2 days shipping?
Man, my DHL package never deliver yesterday and tracking still listed as "Shipment is out with courier for delivery" since yesterday 12:21pm PDT. Try to call DHL this morning but the center is close till Monday...well well well. Maybe they will deliver today (does DHL deliver on Sat?) or I need to call back on Monday...

Anyone ever experience something like this before, I rarely have shipment from DHL so not much experience with them. If it is FedEx or UPS, I know what to do...

Keep in mind

DHL requires a signature for international deliveries

You could go into your DHL account using your tracking updates and switch it to waive the signature, but if they can not access your building, they will attempt to redeliver

This happened to me as I was not home - so I had to redirected to a DHL Dropbox location and picked it up there instead
I've already release the signature portion couple days ago but how can you make arrangement to redirect to a DHL dropbox location (online? Calling?)?

Man, my DHL package never deliver yesterday and tracking still listed as "Shipment is out with courier for delivery" since yesterday 12:21pm PDT. Try to call DHL this morning but the center is close till Monday...well well well. Maybe they will deliver today (does DHL deliver on Sat?) or I need to call back on Monday...

Anyone ever experience something like this before, I rarely have shipment from DHL so not much experience with them. If it is FedEx or UPS, I know what to do...
DHL apparently does not deliver on weekends in the USA. I sometimes have this issue with FedEx or UPS where it’s said to be out on the truck but they fail to deliver it. I think they over-commit and sometimes the drivers just run out of time and can’t deliver everything. They should automatically try to deliver it again on Monday.

Reactions: Prost
Mine delivered yesterday. Below is the timeline

4/29 - requested through Harumio
4/30 - Harumio req Tesla Account details and replied with Dummy Account details (wife account)
5/1 - Invoice received and paid
5/2 - proceeding with order acknowledgement recieved from Harumio
5/2 - Harumio unable to process with Dummy account
5/4 - Sent My account details with updated Temp password
5/6 - Ordered from Tesla via Harumio
5/11 - shipment initiated from Korea
5/12 - departed from Korea
5/13 - arrived cincinnati hub (1 AM EST)
5/13 - Departed cincinnati hub (7:20 AM EST)
------- No status Update from DHL between 05/13 and 05/16
5/16 - Delivered 6:30 PM
Thanks to all of you who recommended Harumio. I ordered my CCS1 adapter from them, and they were a pleasure to work with on the purchase. Excellent customer service all around. The adapter arrived and I paid WAAAAY less than other 3rd party companies were charging for theirs. Works great!! I highly and unreservedly recommend Harumio. VelkySyr

Thanks to all of you who recommended Harumio. I ordered my CCS1 adapter from them, and they were a pleasure to work with on the purchase. Excellent customer service all around. The adapter arrived and I paid WAAAAY less than other 3rd party companies were charging for theirs. Works great!! I highly and unreservedly recommend Harumio. VelkySyr
@VelkySyr , thanks for the review . When did you place your order?

Reactions: Icehedgehog88
DHL apparently does not deliver on weekends in the USA. I sometimes have this issue with FedEx or UPS where it’s said to be out on the truck but they fail to deliver it. I think they over-commit and sometimes the drivers just run out of time and can’t deliver everything. They should automatically try to deliver it again on Monday.
mine was delivered on a Sunday and left at my door without signature. I dint recall waiving one either, but my neighborhood is pretty safe so I was happy it was waiting for me

With the prices of Tesla Supercharging nearing the price of the other networks, now might be the time to purchase the CCS adapter. Some of the chargers that were $.27~$.32 are now raised to $.48~$.52 -- (good thing I charge 90% of the time at home.)
Maybe Tesla is going to be opening up their network to non-Tesla car sooner than we think.

Last edited:
Ordered a case from Amazon. Excellent fit (perfect really). Cheap, $14 bucks. Now listed as unavailable 😟 :

Maoershan Hard Travel Case for Phomemo M200 Label Maker​

ddBECSk.jpg

1CynLtZ.jpg

Watching one of Kyle Connor's videos the other day (he was driving a Rivian on a long road trip). He basically stated that the amount of charge you'll get from an EA station will be dependent on the guts of the machine (yeah, he said lots more. Too many numbers for my limited understanding of electricity to take in!). So, even at a 350kW EA station if plugged in with your CCS adapter you might max out at either around 130kW or around 180kW.

Rich

Looks like it is back in stock. Limited quantities.
It also looks like Harumio redesigned the case to add a spot for the standard Tesla J1772 Level 2 adapter alongside the Tesla CCS adapter. Nice feature, but it looks like it makes the case maybe 3 inches wider than the previous version. Harumio currently sells the case for $45 (worldwide shipping included) or $25 if purchased with the CCS adapter.

Harumio Case

1_eb3f6102-6ac5-4b03-b5df-08c846cef8de_720x.jpg

Last edited: