Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

CCS Adapter - ?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
For folks waiting on getting this.

EVSE adapters recently listed an adapter that looks identical to the Korean adapter...

I had replied previously (Post #1,480) supposedly with a link to a comparative table of the new CCS1 adapters. However, I now find that the link doesn't work. (I'll try to have Post #1,480 removed.)

Here is the correct link: Table of New (2022) CCS1 Adapters.

And yes, the new EVSE adapter is different in appearance from the OEM Tesla-Korea model. The new EVSE adapter looks like the Chinese-made aftermarket adapters being offered by several other sources.

From what I can tell, EVSE now offers two CCS1 adapters: the original SETEC/Lectron version at $699 (which uses battery-powered firmware to mimic a CHAdeMO device, charges at up to 50kW, and does not require CCS capability), and now this new "pass-through" design at $499 (somewhat similar to the original EVHub Ukrainian adapter).

(Rhetorical) Does EVSE have plans to also offer a Tesla-clone adapter?

Last edited:
Here's to hoping. I know there's 3rd party adapters for cheaper but I'm willing to pay extra for a Tesla-made one, especially when we're talking about 200+ kW flowing through it...

I'll update you and everyone else how it goes
On the 18th Soomlab asked for my login information. After providing it, I got the Tesla order confirmation emails and they told me to reset my password shortly after.

I checked the SK Tesla store today (20th) and the status of the order is:
주문이 완료됨
배송 상태 확인 불가
Google translate saids this means:
order completed
Unable to check delivery status

This is interesting... The order that was canceled was marked as "canceled" but this is kinda different. The delivery status message is a little worrying but I guess we'll see! I'll email Soomlab and see what they think about this.

Update: I didn't search on this forum (d'oh!) but it looks like this is expected behavior?: CCS Adapter - ?

This is interesting... The order that was canceled was marked as "canceled" but this is kinda different. The delivery status message is a little worrying but I guess we'll see! I'll email Soomlab and see what they think about this.
I'm pretty sure all of the orders Harmio placed said the same thing that they were untrackable. So I suspect that that means that it was actually shipped.

On the 18th Soomlab asked for my login information. After providing it, I got the Tesla order confirmation emails and they told me to reset my password shortly after.

Update: I didn't search on this forum (d'oh!) but it looks like this is expected behavior?: CCS Adapter - ?
I just ordered from Soomlab so this gives me hope.

...The delivery status message is a little worrying but I guess we'll see! I'll email Soomlab and see what they think about this.

I'm pretty sure all of the orders Harmio placed said the same thing that they were untrackable. So I suspect that that means that it was actually shipped.

I just ordered from Soomlab so this gives me hope.

As I recall, when using Harumio the shipment of the CCS1 adapter from Tesla-Korea to Harumio itself could not be tracked. But the eventual shipment from Harumio to North America could be tracked.

This sounds like your purchase is working, so far. Fingers crossed!

Keep us apprised.

As I recall, when using Harumio the shipment of the CCS1 adapter from Tesla-Korea to Harumio itself could not be tracked. But the eventual shipment from Harumio to North America could be tracked.

This sounds like your purchase is working, so far. Fingers crossed!

Keep us apprised.
My order through harumio said tracking info unavailable for 3 days, then it was cancelled :(

Normal behavior as my harumio one sat at delivery information unavailable for 4 days before getting cancelled.

If by 'Korean adapter' you mean the Tesla OEM, it looks nothing like it. The body of the OEM is more triangular and this one is more square, and doesn't have the pin on it.
I own the OEM/ only being sold in South Korea Tesla adapter and was just sharing this as potentially a helpful tip for someone looking to get this adapter.

You are right, identical was not the right word. Thanks for the corrections.

Reactions: DanDi58

My SoomLab order got cancelled, did yours survive?

Soomlab update: they ordered from my Tesla account successfully last week (I received an order/shipping confirmation from Tesla via email on the adapter), and it arrived at Soomlab’s address in KR. Package is now on the way later this week via DHL! Will test it out this weekend.

Reactions: Arkbird