Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

CHAdeMO adapter wait frustration

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I received the order confirmation email immediately after placing the order. Shipping confirmation also came over via email. Both emails came from [email protected]. Order confirmation was at 12:10 PM and shipping/tracking info arrived at 5:41 PM.

Ok, I placed my order, see that my credit card was charged, but I never got an email confirmation, much less a shipping notification. I just sent them a note.

Where is it shipping out of according to the FedEx tracking? Fremont? If so, even ground would make it close to next day would it not? Maybe you will get it tomorrow.

FedEx ground tracking says "Picked up: NEWARK, CA"

I ordered my yesterday before noon, the confirmation email came this morning and the tracking number just started working a few minutes ago. No estimated delivery date yet, though I assume it will be Monday.

I received mine this afternoon (in the UK). So far I have resisted the urge to drive to a chargepoint, but will give it a go tomorrow evening on a 230 mile trip.

I have to say it's surprisingly... floppy :)

(and my wife said is looks like something a vet might use to extract, ahem, "valuable liquids" from a bull or stallion). I'm saying nothing...

FedEx ground tracking says "Picked up: NEWARK, CA"

I ordered my yesterday before noon, the confirmation email came this morning and the tracking number just started working a few minutes ago. No estimated delivery date yet, though I assume it will be Monday.

The FedEx page has been update to confirm a Monday delivery for me. I'll Pop over to a nearby eVGo charger and test it during lunch if it get here by then.

For those who got the order email, and know what number they were on the list, please post. I do know now (I re-confirmed) that i'm #85, and ordered early October and have not gotten email yet.

I was added to the waiting list on 10/14/2013. Yesterday morning I did not receive Tesla email. I emailed Tesla by relying on the email that I received on 10/14/2013. Then Tesla sent me the email with the link to let me to place order for CHAdeMO adapter.

I got "the email" today. But I decided to pass. 18 months ago I really would have wanted the CHAdeMO adapter - even at $1000. Today, after driving an S60 for 18 months and more than 26k miles, I can think of two instances where it would have been useful, and one of those places now has a supercharger. So even at $450 it's not interesting to me anymore.

Most all Cracker Barrel's in TN have CHadeMo Chargers. I 40 could get you to Nashville from NC without slow charging. I want one.

^ This.

If anyone got the wait list email and doesn't happen to need/want the adapter, I'll pay $550 + shipping for one so I don't have to wait until whenever they get to my spot :p

Sooo, I took my brand spankin new CHAdeMO adapter to downtown Milwaukee last night, to the University's measly 20kW CHAdeMO station. Setup my tripod, had a nice little student crowd watching. Filmed one of my absolute best YouTube videos EVER. The adapter Worked Absolutely Flawless!
All was good. Did Tesla Time with the University Students (I cant believe how overall Stupid the majority of university students are...), I pack up my stuff, and head out.

Pull out onto the main street and some moron, making a illegal left turn slams into me.

It was at that point I woke up.... Yes, you read correctly, I **** WOKE UP!!!! Went through all of that, just for it to be a ******* Dream!

TESLA! HELP ME OUT HERE! I"M AT THE POINT WHERE I AM EVEN DREAMING ABOUT THIS STUPID ADAPTER!!! MOVE UP THIS LIST QUICKER PLEASE!!!!!!!

Last edited by a moderator:
Filmed one of my absolute best YouTube videos EVER.

This may be one of your best *posts* ever. ;)

The excitement of the adapter being delivered, the great demonstration amongst students (future EV owners), the horror of the accident, and then the surprise twist ending of it all being a dream! It was like a microcosm of an M. Night Shamalamamalalamahalan movie. I enjoyed it thoroughly. I have to say though, when it turned out to not be real, I felt more relief for the state of your Model S than I did frustration for the state of your adapter waitlist position, but perhaps that's just my outside perspective.

Hmm, raises the question: maybe all previous islandbayy postings were in the dream world? Were they real or were they memorexx?? :eek:

I just placed myself on the list (~#700 in the queue) for the Chademo.
--

Last edited: