Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Cheated

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
that will come in late Jan, just a slight delay. Be patient.
779.jpg

• Funny
Reactions: Saghost
2/3rds of the safety automation "Driver Confidence" Packages on my Chevy Volt don't really work. And the kicker is you have to upgrade to the Premier trim to add Driver Confidence 1 and 2.

Wonder how much luck I will have on getting a prorated refund from Chevrolet over promising and under delivering?

Or what are the odds of Chevrolet releasing an over the air update that will fix those buggy issues I mentioned?

Thankfully that's just a lease otherwise I'd be really screwed.

LOL at Comparing Tesla patches to murderers and unsafe neighborhoods. Dramatic much?

Was your Model X paid in food stamps? Typically those analogies are not used by Tesla owning demographics.

But still feel lied to if a feature I paid for was promised and not delivered
Some of us are still waiting for the lighted vanity mirrors and gigabytes of music storage promised with the original Model S.

It is a recurring problem with Tesla that they advertise features which they don't actually have yet and may never have. I think they're getting better about this... they need to.

• Informative
Reactions: Altes and Reeler
Some of us are still waiting for the lighted vanity mirrors and gigabytes of music storage promised with the original Model S.

It is a recurring problem with Tesla that they advertise features which they don't actually have yet and may never have. I think they're getting better about this... they need to.

Blind spot detection, red light detection, WiFi hotspot, on/off ramp negotiation, and many more broken promises.

Tesla Marketing 101: Overpromise, underdeliver (but hold out hope for software updates), after the promise falls short remove all mention of the original promise on the web site. Encourage gullible owners to upgrade to get the newest silicon snake oil they are pumping.

Buy a Tesla for the features you are demoed. If it wasn't delivered with the car, don't expect more. With those lowered expectations, every improvement will be appreciated.

Reactions: neroden and ABC2D
The sad part was that Tesla was going to be different. You know, where you could buy a car directly from the manufacturer, dodging all the nasty car-sales-people tricks trying to get you in a new car with white lies and stuff. Where you didn't have to fact check every single word from your local dealer, getting it in writing or doing endless due diligence now whatever they promised you. Where you could just pay and trust that for your money you were exactly getting what you were led to believe you were due. Tesla seems to have duplicated the car dealer tricks but at the corporate level.

And the worst, the usual defence against that charge is : you should have know, they've been doing it all the time...

Does anyone else who order a tesla with hw2 feel lied to? The autopilot is disabled, the current release seems to be a beta version which doesn't come close to original autopilot, the automatic wipers don't even work. Parity with original auto pilot was promised mid December. This car is over 100,000 and not working as promised. .
Plus 1000

I don't feel cheated at all, and I have two Teslas, one with AP1 and one with AP2.

Do I think Tesla could do a better job of messaging and insuring customers understand what they're buying into? Yes.

Was the information out there if customers did just a little reading or research? Yes.
Um info is not there officially. Don't assume every owner is reading this board or any other blog