Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Chevy Silverado EV Discussion

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I'm shocked at the price range. $39K to $105K. Quick google-fu offers:

How much is a 2022 Chevrolet Silverado?
The 2022 Chevrolet Silverado will start at around $30,000 for a base-level work truck and top out at over $70,000 for a fully-loaded High Country or ZR2 model.

The $105K Silverado (and $108K Hummer EV) demonstrates how GM doesn't know how to make EVs profitable yet. Don't forget dealer markups.

I have confidence that we'll see an affordable CT within 2 years. I have doubts about GM. EV Talk is still cheap in 2022...

Reactions: Cosmacelf
Yeah, I don't like the fixed glass roof on my Model 3. It seems like the design trend with all EVs is to create a glass bubble cockpit. Not sure why?
the-homer-inline2.jpg

Everything has been predicted by "The Simpsons"

Damn, on paper this is a near-perfect truck for me excluding the sunroof option. Hope they add it at some point.

Not going to reserve it though, summer 2024 is quite a while away.
$105k plus destination and dealer fees. And for that reason, I'm out. ;)

If this truck was $60k I would probably reserve one. You can tell it is going to take GM about 4-5 years to get EV prices down to realistic levels.

Website said $40K. There is no way I'm paying 105 for a Silverado...
The $40k model. Not bad if you just want a 400 mile range basic pickup without the big wheels and tires, no air suspension, no 4 wheel steering, smaller screens, lower power output vs. the RST model, no multi-flex tailgate, etc. I would rather have an EV Tacoma for similar money if Toyota would brings it to market.

Screen Shot 2022-01-07 at 9.41.19 AM.png

The $40k model. Not bad if you just want a 400 mile range basic pickup without the big wheels and tires, no air suspension, no 4 wheel steering, smaller screens, lower power output vs. the RST model, no multi-flex tailgate, etc. I would rather have an EV Tacoma for similar money if Toyota would brings it to market.

View attachment 752982
The $40K version doesn’t have 400 mile range…

The presentation has some slight of hand. “All versions unveiled today have 400 mile range”. But the $40K version was only mentioned in passing, it was not unveiled…

The $40K version doesn’t have 400 mile range…

The presentation has some slight of hand. “All versions unveiled today have 400 mile range”. But the $40K version was only mentioned in passing, it was not unveiled…
Typical marketecture. ;) I am just going by info in the Motortrend article.

Screen Shot 2022-01-07 at 10.29.49 AM.png

I found another Forbes article stating a 300 mile Standard Range pack will come later.

Screen Shot 2022-01-07 at 10.33.55 AM.png

Last edited:
Typical marketecture. ;) I am just going by info in the Motortrend article.

View attachment 752986

I found another Forbes article stating a 300 mile Standard Range pack will come later.

View attachment 752989

I could be wrong (or so could MT, which would be shocking, I know). I just don't think we'll see a 400 mile trim at $30K. Of course we surely won't be seeing any $30K trim for the next several years, so all this is moot right now. Wake me up when people can a) order it and b) will receive it within a year...

So far it seems that Tesla's price/range crown is in no danger of being taken away.

Reactions: raptor5244