Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Colorado waiting room - M3 Performance AWD or non-Perf AWD

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I just got an email today from my "Inside Delivery Advisor" telling me they have a delivery window between September 4 and September 11. This is for a multi-coat red Model 3 Performance with the Performance Upgrade, EAP, full self driving, and black interior. I am a prior Tesla Model S owner, and I reserved back in March 2016, but I didn't configure until August 2, 2018. I did not make any changes after I initially configured.

They originally promised delivery between Oct-Dec 2018, then last week, it changed to Oct 2018. My Edit button is gone, but I don't have a VIN that I can see. I'm kind of surprised that I am going to get it delivered (supposedly) so quickly. We'll see what happens!

I currently have a AWD reservation (Reserved Feb 2017, Ordered Jun 27, 2018, AWD, MSM, Black seats, sport wheels). Estimated delivery is unchanged at Sep-Nov. I "hope" for an Oct delivery. Am thinking of upgrading to Performance. Besides the extra power, the only incentive I am aware of is free supercharging if I refer myself??? That's not huge for me. What do you all think that would do to my timeline????

I currently have a AWD reservation (Reserved Feb 2017, Ordered Jun 27, 2018, AWD, MSM, Black seats, sport wheels). Estimated delivery is unchanged at Sep-Nov. I "hope" for an Oct delivery. Am thinking of upgrading to Performance. Besides the extra power, the only incentive I am aware of is free supercharging if I refer myself??? That's not huge for me. What do you all think that would do to my timeline????

One never knows how much weight to give to store employee comments, but I was told last week that P orders are front of line and generally get VINs in a week or so.

Referring yourself also earns you a wall charger or kids Tesla, I believe.

Still haven’t heard a single thing about my obsidian non-P AWD despite my reservation from 2.5 years ago. I am starting to thing I’ll be lucky to see it by the end of October as Ps are clearly being taken care of first. I still have a Sept-Nov estimate.

Spoke with Tesla. Had to iron out some details on my trade-in.

I have a VIN. They could not tell me what it was, so I'll wait to see it in the account page. I placed my order on the 23rd, so they're pushing for these hard it seems like. I think the focus is now purely on performance models for a bit. I think if I finalize the financing info in the account page it'll refresh.

Got an update today, several actually! This morning my delivery estimate changed from October to end of September. Then shortly after my edit button disappeared! I was prompted to enter my loan application info around lunch, then got a phone call asking when I wanted delivery. I scheduled it for 9/8! Loan info is still pending, Telsa offered a decent rate through Chase, but I want to see if I can get better with a local credit union.

P3D
Non-Owner
Pearl White
White Interior
EAP
No FSD
18" Aero
Reserved 7/2/2018
Configured 7/6/2018 (change to P3D on 7/8/2018)
Edit button gone 8/29/18
Delivery scheduled 9/8/18!

• Love
Reactions: SteveTack
Got my VIN yesterday 630xx
Scheduled for delivery Next Wed Sept 5th.
Pretty excited to get a few days on the summer tires before I have to pack them away.

Reserved: 6/10/2017
Ordered: 6/29/2018
P3D+, FSD, 20"
Midnight Grey
Non-Owner
Denver

Awesome! I’m in the same boat. Email said expect deliver mid-next week in Littleton. Will the 18” Aeros with snow tires on the Tesla website fit with the bigger brakes?

Hooray! I got my e-mail from my IDS. Delivery should be within the next 2 weeks. I am too excited to type.

Blue P3D+
White interior
20” wheels
EAP no FSD yet (try to add at delivery)
Reserved Oct 2017
Configured 6/28/18
Added 20” wheels 7/17/18

My delivery window still says “by Oct”.

Calm ... calm ... calm ...