Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Colorado waiting room - M3 Performance AWD or non-Perf AWD

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I am going to swap to performance 20” winter tires on the OEM wheels having been burned with aftermarket wheels in the past. Sure it’s expensive but after spending this much on the car ... I think it’s worth it.

The only tire shop in town that used to store tires in town just closed. Anyone know where to get good tire totes?

Likely will just use the shed. Just making sure I'm not missing a simpler solution than lugging then out and back twice a year.
I am going to swap to performance 20” winter tires on the OEM wheels having been burned with aftermarket wheels in the past. Sure it’s expensive but after spending this much on the car ... I think it’s worth it.

The only tire shop in town that used to store tires in town just closed. Anyone know where to get good tire totes?
i like Tesla tire totes for my winter setup :)

IMG_0466.jpg

Reactions: jsrawa
Nice. I ordered the Kurgo set off of Amazon. Now I just have to decide when to order the winter tire/wheel set from Tesla. The site gives no shipping estimate, so I don't know whether to expect to get a call from the service center in 3 days or 3 months...

I guess the ideal time to swap out would be mid to late October, yes?

Nice. I ordered the Kurgo set off of Amazon. Now I just have to decide when to order the winter tire/wheel set from Tesla. The site gives no shipping estimate, so I don't know whether to expect to get a call from the service center in 3 days or 3 months...

I guess the ideal time to swap out would be mid to late October, yes?

yes, i like to push it to late Oct/early Nov. you may consider taking advantage of Labor Day sales this weekend, I bought a set of T Sportline wheels, and then purchased the tires at Discount Tire (they are also having a Labor Day weekend sale)

• Helpful
Reactions: Zaxxon
Damn, that sucks. I'm sorry. Do you at least have glass coverage?

A month backorder seems excessive for a safety item. I'm also starting to worry about the number of windshield cracks I'm seeing posted. Hopefully it's not a quality issue with Tesla's glass.
yep i have windhshield coverage. i told them it is in my line of sight, and its dangerous, but i am basically talking to a call center (not local) and they are just following their SLOW process. very frustrating, i really feel for people that have more serious repairs.

Spoke with my IDA just now. I have a VIN 741xx and a delivery date of Sept 8. Wow! She was friendly, enthusiastic, and said she loved her job. She also delivered my son’s P3D+ so it’s a family affair. :)
Wow, glad you have one that is enthusiastic! I’ve only had one call with mine to get things ironed out and I’ll be luck if I even get scheduled in two weeks. Hope to get it done soon though since it should be getting here next week.