Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Colorado waiting room - M3 Performance AWD or non-Perf AWD

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Sorry, your signature is blank for me. Other people’s are displaying properly. I wouldn’t have asked if I’d seen it in your sig.

Edit: FYI, I just checked on a PC and your signature is there, but it's white text on a white background. That's why I didn't see it on my phone.

Wrong. No sig.
Weird, wonder if it’s because I use the dark theme.

Our cars have only been 4% tax and we've had to pay the other 3.75% at registration.

We stopped by the Service Center yesterday to see if we might spot the car early. They had a bunch of cars lined up and ready for delivery...but most of them had today's date on them. Looks like they'll have another busy week!

Our cars have only been 4% tax and we've had to pay the other 3.75% at registration.

We stopped by the Service Center yesterday to see if we might spot the car early. They had a bunch of cars lined up and ready for delivery...but most of them had today's date on them. Looks like they'll have another busy week!

Mine is definitely being taxed at 5% and that is 2.9% (state) + Douglas county (1%) + other crap RTD? (1.1%) for Highlands Ranch.

For those paying the real whopper sales taxes (Long Beach, CA, 10.25% holy crap) my sympathies.

• Informative
Reactions: riverFox
Mine is definitely being taxed at 5% and that is 2.9% (state) + Douglas county (1%) + other crap RTD? (1.1%) for Highlands Ranch.

For those paying the real whopper sales taxes (Long Beach, CA, 10.25% holy crap) my sympathies.
Yeah, a friend only had to pay 4% total on his since he lucked out and lives in this tiny sliver of Douglas county close to Park Meadows that is unincorporated. He was able to get a couple extra options on his car that I left off since I had to pay nearly $5000 extra in taxes due to my address.

The other crap is RTD (1%) and the Metropolitan Scientific and Cultural Facilities District (0.1%) taxes. Highlands Ranch municipal taxes are not included. If you reside within the municipality, then I believe Douglas County will collect those sales taxes when you register the vehicle. If you're in unincorporated Douglas County, then you won't owe any additional sales tax, just registration fees.

Make sure you hang on to your paperwork from Tesla showing which taxes you have paid and bring it with you when you go to register your vehicle so you can make sure you aren't double-charged for anything.

Ninja edit: Highlands Ranch does not have its own sales tax, so your total rate should be 5% and should be collected by Tesla when you take delivery.

The other crap is RTD (1%) and the Metropolitan Scientific and Cultural Facilities District (0.1%) taxes. Highlands Ranch municipal taxes are not included. If you reside within the municipality, then I believe Douglas County will collect those sales taxes when you register the vehicle. If you're in unincorporated Douglas County, then you won't owe any additional sales tax, just registration fees.

Make sure you hang on to your paperwork from Tesla showing which taxes you have paid and bring it with you when you go to register your vehicle so you can make sure you aren't double-charged for anything.

Ninja edit: Highlands Ranch does not have its own sales tax, so your total rate should be 5% and should be collected by Tesla when you take delivery.

Fun fact, Highlands Ranch is largest unincorporated municipality in the USA if I remember correctly.

One giant HOA of Death.

I have lived in HR now for about 18+ years and have never found the HOA to be even a tiny bit onerous. In 18 years I have interacted with them on very few occasions;

1. Getting house painted, need color approvals.
  2. Getting solar installed, needed them to approve the architectural design, they have an all volunteer architectural committee, getting it approved was easy peasy.
  3. Getting house #2 painted, needed color approvals.
From my nearly 20 year experience, the people who run afoul of them are the ones who refuse to paint their house or fence when it's getting to the point that it's an eyesore, or the ones who want to park their RV, camper or boat in front of their house year round.

I read a story about 15 years ago about some guy who refused to take down his 100+ green Christmas light clips he had all over the house year-round when they kept asking him to. They finally put a lien on his property and he sold the house and quit the community in frustration... not sure if it's true or not, sounds like an urban legend.

They are certainly easier to deal with than the city government back home where I am originally from.

HOA fees are peanuts for the services provided.... state of the art rec centers, numerous parks for kiddos, and a decent amount of trailed recreation space.

Not to get off-topic ask a non- Highlands Ranch question :)...but
Morrison, when is your scheduled pick-up? I'm on for the morning of 27 Sep next week.

• Funny
Reactions: Zaxxon
Scheduled for 9/28 delivery.

I submitted pictures online for trade in evaluation, and the trade in offered for my current vehicle looks to be really low. The IDA called it a "final amount" and seemed to think that they wouldn't match a Carmax offer if it was higher.

Scheduled for 9/28 delivery.

I submitted pictures online for trade in evaluation, and the trade in offered for my current vehicle looks to be really low. The IDA called it a "final amount" and seemed to think that they wouldn't match a Carmax offer if it was higher.

I'm scheduled for 9/29 and just saw my trade-in evaluation. I can't say I wouldn't want it a little higher (especially since I have a little negative equity) but at least according to kbb.com it's actually on the high end of their trade-in valuation. I probably should sell privately but not sure it's worth the hassle for a slight bump. It will be MUCH more convenient for me to be able to just drop off the Model S when I pick up my 3.

Ordered LR AWD on 8/25 and just got an email about a Littleton delivery on 9/28 or 9/29.

I asked the Scheduling Advisor a couple of questions about the trade-in process, but I'm impatient... :)

Has everybody here just gone through the picture submission for the trade-in valuation? And from what I understand that goes towards the down payment and any extra that you owe you pay at delivery, right?

When we ordered, we were told roughly $7k for a down payment. Does that line up with what others have seen? I know some of that is taxes, so there will be some variation of course.

Thanks!

I just got the email from my DSA, Chris, asking which between the 28th and 29th works for me. Either does, so that's what I told him. This is for Delivery in Littleton, Colorado. My BDay is the 25th, so I was hoping for that day, but I'll take it as a late BDay present from Tesla.

Since I don't have my dates/details in the signature (yet) here they are:

Model 3, Dual Motor, (non-P), Midnight Silver Metallic, 18" Aeros, Black Interior, no EAP/FSD.
Ordered 07/29/2018 9:23 PM, no prior reservation or ownership.
No VIN, and my Tesla Account page looks the same. (Still need to enter loan/trade, but the link still shows "As your delivery date approaches...") But I am not worried. I am just glad this is happening this soon. I was expecting mid-October.

Reactions: roguenode