Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Colorado waiting room - M3 Performance AWD or non-Perf AWD

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Someone on the Denver Tesla Club FB page said that they were just at the service center. They were told there were 40-50 deliveries scheduled for today. And that they had 181 on the books for this Saturday. Wow!

I wonder if all of us who have been re-scheduled had it happen simply because they ran out of space at the delivery center?

It doesn't seem possible that they can do 181 deliveries on Saturday when apparently 40 makes for an incredibly busy day for them.

If they pull a 13 hour day delivering that works out to over 12 deliveries an hour or a completed delivery every 5 minutes.

Reactions: tvisdog and Rob D
I wonder if all of us who have been re-scheduled had it happen simply because they ran out of space at the delivery center?

It doesn't seem possible that they can do 181 deliveries on Saturday when apparently 40 makes for an incredibly busy day for them.

If they pull a 13 hour day delivering that works out to over 12 deliveries an hour or a completed delivery every 5 minutes.
Wow, guess they were serious about 5 minute sign and drive...

Keep in mind that they can deliver in parallel. So if they have 20 people doing deliveries, and each one is taking an hour that's 20 deliveries an hour. On a 13 hour day that would be 260 deliveries.

I think the reason they're only doing 40-50 a day on weekdays is probably because not as many people can take time off work to take delivery.

I also think that some of the people who are being rescheduled are getting that because of logistics of cars arriving. If there are 40-50 deliveries a day being done, and only 5-10 people are saying they're rescheduled that could be something as simple as a delayed truck.

There were at least 3 people on the FB page that said they were contacted by Tesla today for delivery next Friday/Saturday. My delivery was scheduled two weeks ago for delivery next Friday. If they were unable to fulfill the stuff they have scheduled because of lack of ability to handle the numbers I would find it hard to believe that they're still reaching out to schedule even more.

Another interesting tidbit: A large number of the deliveries scheduled for next week are red cars (including mine). Seems like a big batch of red might have just finished up?

Keep in mind that they can deliver in parallel. So if they have 20 people doing deliveries, and each one is taking an hour that's 20 deliveries an hour. On a 13 hour day that would be 260 deliveries.

I think the reason they're only doing 40-50 a day on weekdays is probably because not as many people can take time off work to take delivery.

I also think that some of the people who are being rescheduled are getting that because of logistics of cars arriving. If there are 40-50 deliveries a day being done, and only 5-10 people are saying they're rescheduled that could be something as simple as a delayed truck.

There were at least 3 people on the FB page that said they were contacted by Tesla today for delivery next Friday/Saturday. My delivery was scheduled two weeks ago for delivery next Friday. If they were unable to fulfill the stuff they have scheduled because of lack of ability to handle the numbers I would find it hard to believe that they're still reaching out to schedule even more.

Another interesting tidbit: A large number of the deliveries scheduled for next week are red cars (including mine). Seems like a big batch of red might have just finished up?

Possible, they might be changing how they do the delivery if they are going to do that many in parallel. Normally they pull the car being delivered into a bay so the customer can look it over, take photos, etc. They don't have 20 places to do that.

Just got a text from Littleton delivery center asking if I can pick up on the 28th!!!!!!!! 5 minutes after I replied I got a response, and the date was already set on my account.

- AWD/OBM/White Interior/Aero Wheels/EAP
- Reservation date: 3/31/16
- Order Date: 6/27/2018 (7/23 changed to white interior)
- Delivery timeframe: Sep '18 - Nov '18

Tiny bit of advice to those that have not yet taken delivery: call the Littleton delivery center directly and confirm your delivery appointment before your delivery day.

I happened to call them the day before mine, and I'm sure glad I did. They were planning to deliver to my house (I'm in COS area). I would have been there looking for my P3D while someone was looking for me at my house.

Tiny bit of advice to those that have not yet taken delivery: call the Littleton delivery center directly and confirm your delivery appointment before your delivery day.

I happened to call them the day before mine, and I'm sure glad I did. They were planning to deliver to my house (I'm in COS area). I would have been there looking for my P3D while someone was looking for me at my house.

So what was the result? Did they deliver or did you pick up?

And... I got my email today, replied, and got a delivery date for next Tuesday 9/25 at 10:30 am in Littleton. WOO HOO. For me, 893 days of waiting (April 3, 2016 reservation).

AWD / MSM / Black interior / Aero wheels / PUP / EAP (no FSD)
Reserved 4/3/16. Ordered 6/28/18. Last edit on 9/12/18 to add EAP. Delivery timeframe Sep-Nov '18.

Now I have only 5 days to put in my charging outlet, yikes! That quick delivery kind of took me by surprise. Gotta find somewhere to park my '94 Subaru, too. I guess I'll be cleaning out the garage this weekend. Gleefully.

Reactions: rdlink