Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Colorado waiting room - M3 Performance AWD or non-Perf AWD

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
anyone have strong opinions regarding the front license plate holder? one of the tesla techs walked by when my demo was happening at the frunk and mentioned the existence of 3rd party front brackets that don't adhere to the front bumper. I've done cursory searches and found 4 contenders.

The Bandit ($120) - https://www.1975creations.com/product-page/tesla-model-3-front-license-plate-bracket
Evannex ($100) - EVANNEX Front License Plate Bracket for Tesla Model 3 (no drill, no bolt-on)
Evannex - the law ($160) - The Law: License Plate Bracket for Tesla Model 3 (No-Drill)
Sto-N-Sho ($95) - 2017-2018 Tesla Model 3 (SNS145)

I'm liking the non-adhesive, no drilling options the best - so the bandit may win as it's cheaper than 'the law'.
Apparently all sensor issues have been resolved by now. The aerodynamics impacts and potential for damage by other cars backing into the plate - bending it back into the bumper are my only other real concerns. Apparently a lot of people chance it for the most part w/o the plate on but can easily attach it if needed?

Is it still recommended (or even possible) to contact the delivery center before your delivery to make sure your car arrived?
Well, unless you are OK with showing up and discovering there's no car, which is *still happening to people*, you'd better.

If you're close enough that showing up when there's no car isn't a hassle for you, then don't call, but if you're driving from the other side of the state...

Well, unless you are OK with showing up and discovering there's no car, which is *still happening to people*, you'd better.

If you're close enough that showing up when there's no car isn't a hassle for you, then don't call, but if you're driving from the other side of the state...

Of course, calling our center is nearly impossible this week. If you're close, it's probably quicker to just show up. :)

I have read about this happening to people, but I don't recall any stories about it happening in Littleton. Has anyone heard of anyone showing up here in CO and not having a car available, with no prior notification from Tesla about it? Especially if you have VIN?

Good question. It's the only frustrating thing I've found so far but it seems like it's working as intended. Barely touch up or down and it gives a few signals then stops. A little more, it just stays on, then if you flip up slightly too hard it turn the other way. I'm getting used to it. Is yours the same?

That's the way it's intended to work. The light press is the "lane change" feature. The harder press leaves the turn signal on until you either complete your turn or flip it back up manually. My only nit on this is that I which they'd have designed it like my old BMW: Once you've hard pressed it you can cancel by hard pressing again.

A lot of people have been reporting left turn signal issues. PSA - left turn signal doesn't reset - defective steering control module

I emailed my delivery advisor this morning asking if there was anyway to verify that the car would be ready for pickup on Friday. I also mentioned that I was available to pick it up today or tomorrow since I had heard Friday was going to be extremely busy. Received an email and a phone call from her about 20 minutes later saying my car had arrived last night and I can pick it up at 3:00 today!

I emailed my delivery advisor this morning asking if there was anyway to verify that the car would be ready for pickup on Friday. I also mentioned that I was available to pick it up today or tomorrow since I had heard Friday was going to be extremely busy. Received an email and a phone call from her about 20 minutes later saying my car had arrived last night and I can pick it up at 3:00 today!

Any chance you could share her email address with me? My DA has't responded to a single email since the email wave earlier this month :(

Any chance you could share her email address with me? My DA has't responded to a single email since the email wave earlier this month :(

Me too. Or I could PM you my RN if you'd be willing to ask her to check on my car and see if early delivery is possible. I'd love to pick up before Saturday. I emailed my ISA again this morning but she hasn't responded (and normally doesn't).

Me too. Or I could PM you my RN if you'd be willing to ask her to check on my car and see if early delivery is possible. I'd love to pick up before Saturday. I emailed my ISA again this morning but she hasn't responded (and normally doesn't).
PM'd...

Based on the massive number of reports of cancellations on the east coast, I'd guess that's exactly what they're doing... sending everything they've got to California, Colorado, Oregon, Washington.

Can you cite a reference to "massive number of reports of cancellations on the east coast"? I did a cursory web search and only found stories related to some FUD that an analyst put out in late July that Elon described as "bs".

So I am scheduled to take delivery tomorrow (in Littleton) and wondering if anyone has used the "Make Payment" button on your Tesla Account to get it out of the way or if waiting till the day of delivery to make the final payment is the better way to go.

I'm a little nervous about it so I am planning on bringing a personal check tomorrow since I'm not totally confident the final balance won't change.

So I am scheduled to take delivery tomorrow (in Littleton) and wondering if anyone has used the "Make Payment" button on your Tesla Account to get it out of the way or if waiting till the day of delivery to make the final payment is the better way to go.

I'm a little nervous about it so I am planning on bringing a personal check tomorrow since I'm not totally confident the final balance won't change.
At the Littleton location now waiting for mine to finish being detailed. I brought a cashiers check. The final amount was identical to the amount on my MVPA.

I am also scheduled for tomorrow. I have a VIN and a final purchase agreement, but I have never been contacted by a Denver rep, and they aren't answering the phone. My appointment was confirmed by a rep in CA.
Because I don't have confirmation that my car is here and ready, I am not going to pay in advance. Taking a check tomorrow, or I can ACH at Littleton after I know I have a car.

I am also scheduled for tomorrow. I have a VIN and a final purchase agreement, but I have never been contacted by a Denver rep, and they aren't answering the phone. My appointment was confirmed by a rep in CA.
Because I don't have confirmation that my car is here and ready, I am not going to pay in advance. Taking a check tomorrow, or I can ACH at Littleton after I know I have a car.

This is my plan. I at least want to know my car is on the lot(preferably look it over as well) before I give them money.

At the Littleton location now waiting for mine to finish being detailed. I brought a cashiers check. The final amount was identical to the amount on my MVPA.

Congrats!

I love that in another month or two we will all be seeing other Teslas on nearly every single drive we take. This is a huge change from even this past May when I picked up my car.

Reactions: Runt8
That's the way it's intended to work. The light press is the "lane change" feature. The harder press leaves the turn signal on until you either complete your turn or flip it back up manually. My only nit on this is that I which they'd have designed it like my old BMW: Once you've hard pressed it you can cancel by hard pressing again.

A lot of people have been reporting left turn signal issues. PSA - left turn signal doesn't reset - defective steering control module
I've been watching mine some more and don't believe it's specific to left signal. If you touch the signal lightly, it blinks few times and is off, which is fine. If you accidentally pressed it too hard when changing lanes and it clicks, then it's on and it's hard to turn it off sometimes - the stalk goes too far with a small move and it starts blinking in opposite direction, then again if you panic and move it too far again. You must be looking like a total idiot from behind, not knowing which way you want to go :p There's something either about insufficient resistance before the click or too short a distance the stalk goes from one position to the next... I'm wondering if all cars are like that and you have to get used to it or it's some defect that showed up lately.

That was not your DA, that was scheduling advisor from CA, their job is done with you ;)
DA texted me 23 hours prior to delivery. It might be not fair to good DAs to dump on them the workload of non responsive ones, I mean with people sharing their info here...but I see why people are grasping at straws.