Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Colorado waiting room

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I’m interested in this as well.
I’m proceeding with this. I’ll let you know how it goes. Xcel energy has approved and I should get a call from an electrician for the install.

Just a little math.. I got an independent quote for a nema 1450 install and it came out to about 1400. Then I would have had to buy a wall charger so add another 600 for an even 2000. At 13.29/mo with xcel I get the free install and a hardwired charger with lifetime warranty/support. So 2000/13.29 is just north of 150 months or 12.5 yrs.

Reactions: WrldDriftR
Nice! Did you upgrade anything? Is it LR or performance?
Went with the Performance after test driving it. Metallic Silver, Black Interior, No Tow, No FSD. I was back and forth with adding FSD, but will save that for my pre-ordered Cybertruck. FSD should be well tested by the time that delivers..ha. We were initially thinking Model 3 P, but really enjoyed the Y. First time in a Tesla and we were hooked.

Reactions: WyomingEV
By the way, I purchased the $40 mudflaps (front only) from the Tesla store and they were super easy to install and work pretty well. However, PPF in front of the rear wheels (and covering the rocker panels) helps a lot too since some spray from the front still gets there.

Instead of getting the PPF from Tesla for $50 and do a self-install, I had a local shop install Xpel Ultimate Plus for $80 in front of the rear wheels as part of a full front PPF installation I had done. I went to Signature Auto Film off Clark Place in Colorado Springs and they did an excellent job.

I went to the DMV to register my MYLR and the clerk gave me an EV window sticker and said I must place it on the lower corner of the passenger side windshield. She said it was required for charging but had no further details. Anybody know more about it?

Also and I think unrelated, I was charged about $50 as part of the registration for an EV fee which I think helps cover lost Colorado gas taxes and pay for some EV chargers. It looks like that fee will eventually go up to $96.

Glad to see some more activity in here!
Ordered in September 2021, still waiting ... current EDD says 4/17 - 5/15, has been unchanged for 2 months now.
Initial delivery date said January, then February/March for a while. But I'm not giving my hopes up.

I went to the DMV to register my MYLR and the clerk gave me an EV window sticker and said I must place it on the lower corner of the passenger side windshield. She said it was required for charging but had no further details. Anybody know more about it?

Also and I think unrelated, I was charged about $50 as part of the registration for an EV fee which I think helps cover lost Colorado gas taxes and pay for some EV chargers. It looks like that fee will eventually go up to $96.
If you hear more about the sticker let us know…I’ve never heard that before. What county are you in?

Reactions: DesertEagle
If you hear more about the sticker let us know…I’ve never heard that before. What county are you in?
I'm in El Paso county. But looking at @DesertEagle's post this seems to be a state wide EV sticker. It seems you are supposed to have one if you use state sponsored EV chargers. I know I've seen one at a state park and probably a library too but I never looked close enough to see who owns/runs the charger.

Here is a photo of the sticker, front and back:

Colorado EV Sticker.jpg

I'm in El Paso county. But looking at @DesertEagle's post this seems to be a state wide EV sticker. It seems you are supposed to have one if you use state sponsored EV chargers. I know I've seen one at a state park and probably a library too but I never looked close enough to see who owns/runs the charger.

Here is a photo of the sticker, front and back:

View attachment 789738
I got one of these when I registered my Mach E in North Denver. The clerk just told me its to park in EV designated spots… I wonder if it is just a statue that carried over from when it was free to to drive in the HOV lanes for EV, so this is supposed to be identification for using EV benefits.

I just looked up the statute, it is proof of paying the excise tax essentially. Thanks for posting the front & back of the sticker! That is super helpful! I'll have to pay more attention to EVs I see in the wild in Colorado. Wonder if the sticker will go away when the electric vehicle license plates come out.