Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Colorado waiting room

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Just got the magic 2-week window Sept. 4-16 after being at Sept. 8-October 23 for quite a while. Called my SA, and they say it is an accurate window. Unfortunately I am traveling during most of the window. SA said wait for the VIN, then text to negotiate the actual date. MY LR blue, tow, ordered 12-4-21, delivery Colo. Springs. Wish me luck, it is a 6-hour drive away.
Delivered on Saturday, Sept. 3 in Colorado Springs. The SA arranged for a a more rapid delivery to them, allowing us to pick up before our trip. This is a helpful group there in Colorado Springs. They were ready with the car. It was from Austin, tow hitch, blue. In great shape except the frunk was offset a little, leaving a wide gap on one side, narrow on the other. No mud flaps or PPF. Likely to be fixed, I hope, via mobile service. Otherwise, great. And, predicted range with 90% charge was 296 miles, which turned out to be within 2 miles of what we got on the trip back to Durango. Went up and over the big pass on Wolf Creek and back down the other side--that large pass had no discernible effect on total range. Large energy use going up, but seems to have recovered nearly all of it going back down.

I am surprised about one thing--now that the car is in the Tesla App, it lists it as MY LR with 345 mile range, not 330 mile. Yet, the 90% charge estimate was 296 miles, consistent with 330 mile range. Anyone else see a 345 mile range on a new MY LR?

So far it has been quite smooth. As soon as I received the VIN via text, I was able to change over to third party financing. I got a great 2.6% APR for 72 mo from AdelFi. Insurance is quite a bit hirer than I expected, even with Tesla, so I’ll be doing some shopping around on that one. I’ll keep you in the loop of how it goes from here.
Just got my MY LR delivered. Quote from Tesla was $178/mo., from State Farm was $139/mo., but I get discounts with SF due to other insurance there. I have low co-pay rates, so likely would be lower if I raised those. I understand the Tesla rate may come down if you rate above a 90 on driving in a short period, but I did not see a way to tell what the rate might be with a 95 driving score etc. Had to go with State Farm for now...

Financing expired today, Previously my order agreement date showed the date I switched from LR to P (6/26) However now it shows my original order date again of 4/6. Does the date on the order agreement matter in prioritization? I have not received vin yet and my 2 week windows have been pushed back every 2 weeks since July.

Still planning to use tesla finance, but hoping the order agreement change will speed up delivery/reduce delays.

Oh, I remember the days of waiting for our MY, it was an 8 month wait, man do I love the car.
The wait is worth it.

I have a No Drill front license plate holder for MY or M3 and I'm looking to sell it off.
Brand New, in unopened box, normally sells for $75.95 and I would hand it off for $60.
I'll be in Denver area this weekend and would easily meet up.

Any chance of reviving this waiting room for orders placed after 1/13?

I ordered on 1/16 profile complete 1/17.
White/black int/19”/no tow
Initial Edd- 3/1-3/31
2/5 EDD update- 2/19-3/19

No vin yet
OD 1/14 white/black/19" ($52990, cash)
EDD 1/14 Jan-Mar 2023
EDD 1/19 Jan30-Feb27
EDD 1/29 Jan29-Feb7, VIN assigned (Fremont build)
SDD 2/3, picked it up same day

Now being in the shop for a full frontal wrap at the Colorado Clear Bra. Highly recommend. This is my 4th vehicle I am protecting with them.

Reactions: Mrs.strand14
OD 1/14 white/black/19" ($52990, cash)
EDD 1/14 Jan-Mar 2023
EDD 1/19 Jan30-Feb27
EDD 1/29 Jan29-Feb7, VIN assigned (Fremont build)
SDD 2/3, picked it up same day

Now being in the shop for a full frontal wrap at the Colorado Clear Bra. Highly recommend. This is my 4th vehicle I am protecting with them.
I am planning on getting something similar. This will be the first car I put it on but definitely should have had it on all of mine haha

I am planning on getting something similar. This will be the first car I put it on but definitely should have had it on all of mine haha
This is our first EV, some things are amiss in comparison to the three Volvos owned in the past (especially in comparison to the 2018 XC90). But once you start thinking about Tesla as computer on wheels plus potential $12500 in savings if Polis increases CO tax credit to 5k the ride is even sweeter:)

This is our first EV, some things are amiss in comparison to the three Volvos owned in the past (especially in comparison to the 2018 XC90). But once you start thinking about Tesla as computer on wheels plus potential $12500 in savings if Polis increases CO tax credit to 5k the ride is even sweeter:)
I have a keep Cherokee right now so I’m excited for the upgrade. I like in Wyoming so no incentives here to go electric haha!

Order date 9/29/23. Ordered at the Co Springs location. MYP Red with black interior. Had a VIN the following evening. Couple days later had a tentative delivery date range of 10/14-10/21. About 5 days later got the notification to select a delivery date... first available was 10/19 and I scheduled Friday 10/20. On Saturday 10/14 I got a notification that the car had arrived and asked if I wanted to schedule an earlier pickup. I did and will be leaving work in about an hour to pick it up (10/17). Not gonna lie, I am a little excited.

Reactions: ZuleMYP
Order date 9/29/23. Ordered at the Co Springs location. MYP Red with black interior. Had a VIN the following evening. Couple days later had a tentative delivery date range of 10/14-10/21. About 5 days later got the notification to select a delivery date... first available was 10/19 and I scheduled Friday 10/20. On Saturday 10/14 I got a notification that the car had arrived and asked if I wanted to schedule an earlier pickup. I did and will be leaving work in about an hour to pick it up (10/17). Not gonna lie, I am a little excited.
WOW are the Non-Plaids really running that far behind? My order was almost a week before yours and I've yet to get a VIN, and my date potentially goes into January. Was it an inventory car?