Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Confirmed Order for 85D

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Hi All,

I've enjoyed lurking on the forum the past couple of weeks trying to improve my EV knowledge from zero. Thanks to all who have posted help and advise which largely eliminated the unknown risk of purchasing this car. I confirmed literally right before the price rise my order of an 85D. I selected blue with the roof, auto-pilot, grey interior with next gen seats and interior upgrade. Thought hard about the P upgrade but couldn't justify it this time - something to update to later perhaps.

I'm based in Mont Albert in eastern suburbs of Melbourne and expect delivery in March. Current status is "entered the production queue."

Cheers,
Steve.

Hi All,

I've enjoyed lurking on the forum the past couple of weeks trying to improve my EV knowledge from zero. Thanks to all who have posted help and advise which largely eliminated the unknown risk of purchasing this car. I confirmed literally right before the price rise my order of an 85D. I selected blue with the roof, auto-pilot, grey interior with next gen seats and interior upgrade. Thought hard about the P upgrade but couldn't justify it this time - something to update to later perhaps.

I'm based in Mont Albert in eastern suburbs of Melbourne and expect delivery in March. Current status is "entered the production queue."

Cheers,
Steve.

Welcome Steve. Sounds like a nice spec!

And now the wait begins, it is well worth it.

Congrats Steve! I also ordered an 85D, about 2 weeks before the price increase.
Congrats steve, great choice. I also have the 85D, but have stopped using the brutal acceleration for a while as the back of my head was starting to hurt from the acceleration g forces whacking it into the headrest. I'm training myself to keep the head on the headrest, then the fun will start again :biggrin:

Congrats Steve

Ive been in my 85 since Early Jan this year. Fantastic trouble free run and lotsa fun. The first set of tyres will chop out pretty quick while you get used to the torque and the buzz of blowing everything away.... its addictive :love: I have the added fun of living up on Mt Dandenong and have the opportunity for some spirited drives. You must join our Tesla group for our occasional get together s.
Higgy (Victoria's No:1 delivery of a Model S) usually co ordinates the meet.

85D! Nice Steve. Well done. You've joined a, so far, very select group of forward thinking car alternative owners. Congrats on your choice and willingness to advance along this new direction of driving. How's that smile coming along. Mine's settled down into a more subtle grin.

Enjoy your journey.

Alan

Hi All,

Cheers,
Steve.

Congrats Steve

The good news keeps on coming. Got an email from Adam saying my car is on a ship and due to arrive in port in Sydney about a week into February.

So far the order and delivery process from Tesla, including the communications (which they are often criticised for), has exceeded my expectations.

The good news keeps on coming. Got an email from Adam saying my car is on a ship and due to arrive in port in Sydney about a week into February.

So far the order and delivery process from Tesla, including the communications (which they are often criticised for), has exceeded my expectations.
Their communications is interesting; sometimes excellent; sometimes non-ex.

Great news, not long now! The good doesn't go away with Tesla...one of the best customer experiences of any corporation for me.

Thats great news!
I don't think anyone in australia has or could criticise the communication of the local team. The issues seem to stem from head office sending poorly worded emails, or indeed just not communicating at all. Seems the local team find out when us owners do, but then get the brunt of our calls and emails. I've said it before, the tesla people in Australia are by far the finest car people I've ever dealt with, by a considerable margin.