Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

My 85D is ordered!

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Woohoo- I've been waiting for yout report, ColinA!!!!

So have I!!

@alpal.... that's just cruel! (But yes, I had to go and check!)
@paulp... It's already forgotten! But seriously, I enjoyed the anticipation, and the time to learn all about what makes them tick, charging etc, not to mention becoming acquainted with a great bunch of folk here and on the Slack and What's App groups.

- - - Updated - - -

Excellent Colin, great plate too, now to quote Darryl Kerrigan: How's the serenity? And to slightly misquote Darryl Kerrigan: It's straight to the spotting page with this one!

Both very apt quotes! As for spotting.... I will wait for someone else to actually spot me on the road. That will be kind of fun.

I thought that the norm was to refuse any paint protection because it's not necessary and all it was was the dealer squeezing some more high margin dollars from the consumer with bat poo scare stories...is this some other product that IS worthwhile?

I thought that the norm was to refuse any paint protection because it's not necessary and all it was was the dealer squeezing some more high margin dollars from the consumer with bat poo scare stories...is this some other product that IS worthwhile?

The advantage with Tesla is there is no high pressure delivery salesperson selling you their in house low grade paint protection. You do your own research, choose your own product and supplier, and in my view GOOD paint protection is worthwhile.

I've got opticoat on mine, no-one pressured me into it, and I didn't buy it to "protect" the paint for the next owner. Rather I bought it to make my life easier whilst cleaning, which it does spectacularly. For the record, no-one at tesla even suggested I do it. They certainly dont participate in margin squeezing activities.

I've got opticoat on mine, no-one pressured me into it, and I didn't buy it to "protect" the paint for the next owner. Rather I bought it to make my life easier whilst cleaning, which it does spectacularly. For the record, no-one at tesla even suggested I do it. They certainly dont participate in margin squeezing activities.

Quite a few of us have got Opticoat done. I regularly get comments from my colleagues that the car looks like it came straight from a showroom that morning. They ask if I am constantly washing the car or getting it professionally detailed. In reality it gets a wash once a month at most. My main trigger to wash it is the wheels looking dirty (I didn't get them coated).