Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Console wraps

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
What is everyone's opinion on console wraps? From the numerous videos I've watched a lot of people don't like the piano black as it's so easy to get finger prints and muck all over them.

I'm thinking of getting a wrap for them but wondering which would look best in the car? Has anyone who has already picked theirs up done this yet? Does it actually look any good and which do people think is the best type to go for...I've seen a few on Amazon but the reviews are generally a bit negative, I know they are cheaper at only £12-£15 but it's more that I don't want to waste hours trying to fit something only for it look...well. A bit naff.

Reactions: Blueskye
What is everyone's opinion on console wraps? From the numerous videos I've watched a lot of people don't like the piano black as it's so easy to get finger prints and muck all over them.

I'm thinking of getting a wrap for them but wondering which would look best in the car? Has anyone who has already picked theirs up done this yet? Does it actually look any good and which do people think is the best type to go for...I've seen a few on Amazon but the reviews are generally a bit negative, I know they are cheaper at only £12-£15 but it's more that I don't want to waste hours trying to fit something only for it look...well. A bit naff.
Pay for a pro to install it. A friend of mine spent $150 on a wrap for the console (installed) and it looks great.

7809EE11-224C-4CF1-B5A8-964297340280.jpeg
I’ve gone for an Abstract Ocean wrap, bit more expensive, but they use 3M vinyl and the cut / fit is great.

Went for Black Matrix. Have now ordered the dash wrap too.

Fitted myself, no swearing so it can’t have been too bad :D

I also installed mine myself. Got the carbon fibre one from Abstract Ocean and it was relatively easy to fit and looks great. Installed on the day of collection. They use the 3M 1080 vinyl which is supposedly the best product for the job (though I'm not an expert). Easy, fast shipping from them so would recommend.

I really wasn't sure about the carbon fibre, as I don't tend to like 'fake' things. Everyone who has been in the car assumed it was the factory / default option and I'm really happy with it. It's not too "in your face" in real life, and the texture of the carbon fibre design is really resistant to fingerprints.

These photos taken just now, so after about one week of use.

T27CcTJ.jpg

oTmVV1Z.jpg

lJu8JfW.jpg

I’ve gone for an Abstract Ocean wrap, bit more expensive, but they use 3M vinyl and the cut / fit is great.

Went for Black Matrix. Have now ordered the dash wrap too.

Fitted myself, no swearing so it can’t have been too bad :D

I was looking at the same, shame you have to import all the bits. I think I may end up doing a bulk order of bits.

I feel that fitting it myself may end in me losing my temper.

I also installed mine myself. Got the carbon fibre one from Abstract Ocean and it was relatively easy to fit and looks great. Installed on the day of collection. They use the 3M 1080 vinyl which is supposedly the best product for the job (though I'm not an expert). Easy, fast shipping from them so would recommend.

I really wasn't sure about the carbon fibre, as I don't tend to like 'fake' things. Everyone who has been in the car assumed it was the factory / default option and I'm really happy with it. It's not too "in your face" in real life, and the texture of the carbon fibre design is really resistant to fingerprints.

These photos taken just now, so after about one week of use.

Jings, crivens and help ma boab .... looks fantastic! You could go into business doing these!

dst87 -- That looks fantastic and as if it came that way from the factory! In terms of difficulty factor to install, is it a DIY project for a guy with no skill? Those photos make me want to give it a go!

I didn’t find it too bad. It takes a bit of patience. If you get easily frustrated by fiddly tasks then I can see it being rage-inducing but the material is very forgiving and you’ve got many many chances to adjust and try again.

I chose the carbon fibre mainly because of how forgiving it is. I can’t speak for the less heavily textured wraps. I wasn’t 100% on the carbon fibre but I love it now that it’s in the car!

I didn’t find it too bad. It takes a bit of patience. If you get easily frustrated by fiddly tasks then I can see it being rage-inducing but the material is very forgiving and you’ve got many many chances to adjust and try again.

I chose the carbon fibre mainly because of how forgiving it is. I can’t speak for the less heavily textured wraps. I wasn’t 100% on the carbon fibre but I love it now that it’s in the car!
Are the cup holders standard? (OEM)

Edit - Sorry that was meant for Dave W's pic o_O

Last edited: