Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Coronavirus

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Washington Post has an article today on how nursing homes may have difficulties getting vaccines for residents with dementia and Alzheimer's as related to getting consent to administer the shots. If you have a family member in this situation, might want to see what paperwork the facility needs from those with POA for medical decisions.

AppleNews link to WaPo article: Nursing homes face daunting task of getting consent before they give coronavirus vaccines — The Washington Post

WaPo has this as paywall story right now.

Last edited:
  • Helpful
Reactions: scottf200
Washington Post has an article today on how nursing homes may have difficulties getting vaccines for residents with dementia and Alzheimer's as related to getting consent to administer the shots. If you have a family member in this situation, might want to see what paperwork the facility needs from those with POA for medical decisions.

AppleNews link to WaPo article: Nursing homes face daunting task of getting consent before they give coronavirus vaccines — The Washington Post

WaPo has this as paywall story right now.
For both my now deceased mother in a nursing home and my now deceased mother-in-law in assisted living, I was called or mailed and asked to come in or return a signed a form giving permission for the flu vaccine each year. I and my wife had Power of Attorney and medical decision making for both. I presume that would have been the same for the CV vaccine had they lived long enough to get it. I guess it is important that everyone have someone be appointed for this purpose to prepare before dementia sets in. My wife and I are updating our legal papers right now for ourselves.

The other thing the WaPo article brought up was that even in families getting the vaccine it might not be a unanimous decision so having sole POA or coming to consensus quickly could be important.

Covid has affected a number of families in so many ways - loss of family member/s, place to live in some cases. It is important to make your own wishes known to family and to keep contact info for hospital/care facilities up to date.

Tennessee vs the rest of the planet.

Yes it's slightly mixed format but TN is hurting now.

9bow4ue87g661.jpg

On the lighter side, this is what Snow Summit Ski Resort is doing:
  • Ticket sales are capped, I'd say 50% capacity at best.
  • No access for visitors.
  • Masks at all times.
  • Alternating line separations.
  • Constant cleaning.
  • No kitchens open.
  • Locker room attended, limited, and cleaned.
  • No drinking fountains.
Great time to go skiing. There is an upside to C19 for some folk.

Happy Solstice!

(sidebar - My 20 year old son went with me. Due to his being locked up for so long, his senile old man kicked his arse on the slopes, artificial body parts and all. It pays to keep in shape.)

What does this have to do with Tesla? Please take this to the hundred of other forums.

Here's what we know:
  • SARS-CoV-2 can be spread airborne.
  • Teslas use Over The Air Updates.
  • Computer viruses are rampant.
  • C19 could mutate into a computer virus, and be spread through OTA updates.

You're welcome!

Last edited:
My wife was originally told she was in the 1B group. Now she and her partners just got an email telling them they are in 1A and can get the first Pfizer dose this week. I guess they received more doses than they expected. So she is happy about that. She also says they were told the hospital would also be getting the Moderna vaccine next week or the following, which is surprising since I heard on TV today the distribution was only going to send one brand of vaccine to a site to prevent accidental mixing of the 2 doses. Has anyone else heard anything about that?

which is surprising since I heard on TV today the distribution was only going to send one brand of vaccine to a site to prevent accidental mixing of the 2 doses. Has anyone else heard anything about that?

Nothing other than theoretical discussions. To me, this seems odd, though. Aren't medical facilities accustomed to not mixing up medicines? In my experience, they ask a bunch of questions before doing things, to make sure they have the right patient, right procedure, etc. It seems like keeping track of an individual's medical records, and providing appropriate subsequent treatment, would be in their wheelhouse.

Nothing other than theoretical discussions. To me, this seems odd, though. Aren't medical facilities accustomed to not mixing up medicines? In my experience, they ask a bunch of questions before doing things, to make sure they have the right patient, right procedure, etc. It seems like keeping track of an individual's medical records, and providing appropriate subsequent treatment, would be in their wheelhouse.
Yeah that's what my wife said, but these are people and my experience is if there is a way to foul it up someone will find it.

Yeah that's what my wife said,

I'm going to go with the doctor on this one. ;)

I agree that undoubtedly mistakes will be made; when you do things millions of times mistakes are made. That's why shoulder injuries are so common with vaccinations (most common injury associated with vaccination, as I understand it). But it's not clear to me that such mistakes would necessarily be eliminated by partitioning vaccine distribution by medical facility.

I'm going to go with the doctor on this one. ;)

I agree that undoubtedly mistakes will be made; when you do things millions of times mistakes are made. That's why shoulder injuries are so common with vaccinations (most common injury associated with vaccination, as I understand it). But it's not clear to me that such mistakes would necessarily be eliminated by partitioning vaccine distribution by medical facility.
Suck up. :rolleyes: