Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Coronavirus

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Does Pfizermectin have similar antiviral properties as Ivermectin?

Lol. I suppose it's entirely possible; I don't have time to listen to the silly video even at 2x speed to figure out what he's yammering on about. But in the end it's results that matter, and clearly Paxlovid works a LOT better than ivermectin. Hopefully those results hold up in the real world - clinical trials are kind of a best case for this sort of medication, where it must be used immediately to get the benefit.

As has been pointed out, ivermectin is probably pretty helpful in area where parasitic disease is common. Knocking out the parasites probably helps the body to recover from COVID, at the margins. I'd expect the effect to be very small though. Which it is (there appears to be no verifiable beneficial effect from ivermectin in studies to date). So unless you have parasites it probably makes no sense to take ivermectin. Take Paxlovid when it's available assuming there are no relevant drug interactions. This is not medical advice.

It's best to just not get COVID. Get a booster! Also not medical advice.

Last edited:
Has anyone heard of any evidence, or hypothesis behind any planned research, to indicate when initial vaccines start to lose efficacy for preventing infection?

This is a meta-analysis using a statistical model. They start to lose efficacy fairly soon, but the drop-off in protection starts to steepen around 100 days or so. Get boosted.

These plots also suggest that after six months, your protection with a booster against Delta will be somewhat better than your initial protection was against Delta a few weeks after the second dose of vaccine.

We'll see whether that pans out. It would be nice if that were true.

Note that this is all statistical and any individual can have more or less protection. There are people out there who don't really need a booster, probably. But it's hard to know. And there's relatively little downside from the booster other than the initial brief feeling of being unwell.

Last edited:
Lol. I suppose it's entirely possible; I don't have time to listen to the silly video even at 2x speed to figure out what he's yammering on about. But in the end it's results that matter, and clearly Paxlovid works a LOT better than ivermectin. Hopefully those results hold up in the real world - clinical trials are kind of a best case for this sort of medication, where it must be used immediately to get the benefit.

As has been pointed out, ivermectin is probably pretty helpful in area where parasitic disease is common. Knocking out the parasites probably helps the body to recover from COVID, at the margins. I'd expect the effect to be very small though. Which it is (there appears to be no verifiable beneficial effect from ivermectin in studies to date). So unless you have parasites it probably makes no sense to take ivermectin. Take Paxlovid when it's available assuming there are no relevant drug interactions. This is not medical advice.

Ivermectin is a veterinary de-wormer. It is NOT for use in humans. Please do not treat yourself with veterinary medicine. If you have worms or other parasites, see a doctor for a medicine appropriate for use in humans.

Paxlovid is not a de-wormer. It is for the treatment of covid in humans.

Ivermectin is a veterinary de-wormer. It is NOT for use in humans.

Ivermectin is an antiparasitic drug and is used in humans.

However, as you say, It is not useful for treating COVID-19, and it has been studied quite a lot, with no study indicating any significant impact on disease course, in spite of theoretical reasons one might think it would (protease inhibitor or whatever test tube BS may exist).

I do not recommend taking any prescription drug without a prescription from a competent physician.

'It's unacceptable': Anger after Sutter Health gives wrong amount of COVID vaccine to children It happened at the Sutter Urgent Care facility in Antioch.
This is the kind of incompetence that feeds into the anti-vaxx delusions. Children given the adult dosage of COVID vaccine.
Yes, I agree that these things can feed into the anti-vaxx stance.

One good thing is that overdoses have occurred prior, with minimal to no adverse effects (albeit in adults, not children):

I wonder what these recipients’ immunity is like after those larger doses!

Reactions: madodel

I didn't watch this video (I don't have time at the moment), but I recognize the guy doing it. He's a retired professor of nursing from the UK and from the other videos of his I've seen, he deals in facts and the quality of his information is quite high.

This is what I hope to do, but one friend said the Moderna booster knocked him out for 5 days. I am going to boost vitamins and hydration 2 days in advance (counting on at least the placebo effect, I know science not strongly behind that). How was your experience if I may ask? And any suggestions?
I forgot about doing anything special to prepare for the booster dose. Whoops. Anyway, I got it on Saturday afternoon (~2:45 pm).

I started feeling really tired late at night on Saturday. On Sunday, I had a slight headache and felt tired all day. And, there was some arm soreness/injection site pain. I still didn't feel totally well (a bit tired) on Monday morning but I feel it was gone by late afternoon or EOD. All I have remaining is some injection area pain.

There are reports on local news tonight that here in the SF Bay Area, it's becoming hard to book booster appointments w/some not having slots until December now. They were talking to city of SF people. (shrug)

I just checked Home - COVID-19 Vaccination Eligibility and Scheduling for Santa Clara County and if I need a booster and choose that I had Moderna or Pfizer, I see slots as soon as Nov 18th.

Does Pfizermectin have similar antiviral properties as Ivermectin?

The video you linked is about "evaluating" the fact-checkers of Facebook relating to his earlier video which was the main one comparing the Pfizer covid-drug to Ivermectin. The point of the linked video is a good one although completely irrelevant to Covid, it just points out that facebook employs a bunch of journalists with no science background to "fact-check" claims of scientists -- and of course they make a bunch of blunders.

As for the other (earlier, not-linked) video that is about the comparison of the 2 drugs: that one makes a claim, that on its own is a valid claim, it is just frankly irrelevant. It makes a point that the two drugs both use the same method of operation, i.e. they inhibit enzymes that cleave proteins. However their structure is completely different (so is their 3D shape, and functional groups) so their effect on a particular target enzyme would not be the same, i.e. they are targeting different enzymes. To use an analogy, the author makes the point that both are "keys" that were designed to open a particular lock, therefore their method of operation is the same. Which is true, but that does not mean you can use any key to open any lock. Just as using the wrong key will not help you open a specific lock, the same way using the wrong inhibitor will not do any good against the enzyme of another virus / parasite.

So in conclusion: the pfizer drug against covid has a similar "method of operation" as Ivermectin, but they target completely different enzymes.
Therefore, this superficial "similarity" is completely meaningless and should not be used to mislead people into believing that Ivermectin has any use for treating covid.

Last edited:
I got a Moderna booster last week after 2x Pfizer/BioNTech in April.

Injection site/arm/shoulder hurt for ~2 days.
Was tired the day after, and a minor headache. That's all.
Got my Moderna booster yesterday afternoon - started feeling achy late evening. Felt slightly feverish through the night, so far through this morning so far just achy all over. It should pass by tomorrow!

• Informative
Reactions: JRP3 and madodel
This likely has been reference but I didn't recall.

The Excel files on this site (updated daily) have a lot of interesting data in them that you can sort or whatever.
Corresponding dated PDF files are chalked full of maps and graphs/charts.

YsaiFQN.jpg

I can't easily get a booster appointment now - 2 to 3 weeks wait time.

ps : Will have to look for walk-in.
Got the booster yesterday. Easy walk-in instead of the long wait.

Chills at night and headache in the morning. Just like after the 2nd shot.

So much so - decided not to use FSD Beta in the morning. Drove on AP - felt so strange ;)

Kids are getting vaccinated this week. So - early December we should all be feeling protected - nearly 2 years since the outbreak.