Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Coronavirus

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
L.A. mandates face coverings

Don't see how we could even open up non-essential businesses without this kind of order nationwide. Especially in dense cities.
Agreed !

I hope to see retail businesses take it upon themselves to offer decent, reusable masks for a fee at their entrances. I would hate for people to turn masks into a mountain of garbage.

here's a DIY I put together; project is a UVC disinfection chamber. first part of it: a wireless battery-operated UV sensor (works for UVC just fine).

link on another subforum: (Coronavirus) On UV Sanitization

now that I can know when the UV light is on (inside a sealed box), I can work on the 'box control interface' part of things. yes, another arduino and some kind of buttons/display that would mount on the outside of the box.

the 'box', as it is right now (don't laugh, it works) ;)

uvc-chamber1.jpg

Last edited:
Agreed !

I hope to see retail businesses take it upon themselves to offer decent, reusable masks for a fee at their entrances. I would hate for people to turn masks into a mountain of garbage.

Gov. Newsom just announced a huge deal for face masks for the public. We’re listening to 7pm news and I thought they said the deal just happened in last x minutes and he made the public announcement. Don’t see it yet on KPIX5 yet. Something about a Calif company. Expected to have enough for the State and hopefully extra they can share with neighboring western states.

if you go on the CBS KPIX5 news video at 7pm you can see Newsom’s breaking news announcement at about 1:40 in to the video there. CBSN Bay Area. — 200M monthly.

Last edited:
In Canada we banned the resale of PPE. Along with toilet paper and sanitizer. Sites have banned the sale also. Stores no longer accept returns either..... LOL Lot's of people have been given hefty fines along with their product confiscated and handed over to the people that need it. Disgraceful hearing stories from the states of dirt bags taking advantage of individuals.

Gov. Newsom just announced a huge deal for face masks for the public. We’re listening to 7pm news and I thought they said the deal just happened in last x minutes and he made the public announcement. Don’t see it yet on KPIX5 yet

Interesting. All I heard him say was he wanted federal funds for people in the country without SSN's who don't pay federal taxes.
I hope there are no unintended consequences. Telling the world you are going to hand out cash with no ID req'd is going to make the disease spread faster.

Interesting. All I heard him say was he wanted federal funds for people in the country without SSN's who don't pay federal taxes.
I hope there are no unintended consequences. Telling the world you are going to hand out cash with no ID req'd is going to make the disease spread faster.

CBSN Bay Area 7pm newscast, breaking news at 1:40 min. In

Reactions: skybluecgreen
Who I am is somebody who is not much impressed with human efforts in the face of an uncaring universe. Also not impressed with people who lack humility. So just what makes a viable post in your universe? I'm sorry to hear mine don't float your boat.

Seriously, that first sentence describes someone who is depressed. The universe is not uncaring. But I suspect your social world may be. We don't get caring from the universe, we get it by building it into our relationships. Since you lead with contempt and accuse others freely of an arrogance that you seem to display yourself, I can understand why you don't have a lot of social support. It's still possible to achieve it but you can't build it by leading with contempt. You might get more of it if you could lead with more vulnerability and your own needs and hopes . . . and do less trashing of other people. Try it. It's no Panacea and it certainly doesn't produce guaranteed results but it might be more effective than what you're doing.

PS I actually think you did this in a section of your post to bkp__duke, so I want honor that. I'm sorry to hear about your struggle with cancer. It can be a remorseless adversary. I thought you might appreciate this link to what many regard as one of the most Seminal papers on cancer ever written. It has implications for prevention.

Last edited:
Well, I was a couple days early with my prediction of the top 10, but we're now in the top 10 of major countries on a per capita basis! And we have outdone the Scandinavian utopias, as predicted (it looks like probably by the end of last week that was the case). And we've hit the 400,000 case mark (presumably closer to 3 million actual cases at this point +/- a million or so)!
This is not fair because Sweden is cheating by testing less than us.
They also appear to cheating by not counting deaths that occur on the weekend.
Screen Shot 2020-04-07 at 7.30.33 PM.png

Last edited:
Many data-driven folks and strong opinion frequent flyers here. If you have not done so already, particularly those most vocal (and you know who you are) take a stab and give us your prediction.

Plurality of TMC voters are predicting a 2020 US coronavirus death toll between 330,000 to 660,000. Seems higher than most media and current government consensus but what do you think?

Vote early and vote often, it's not too late!

TMC Coronavirus Ghoul Pool

It
Many data-driven folks and strong opinion frequent flyers here. If you have not done so already, particularly those most vocal (and you know who you are) take a stab and give us your prediction.

Plurality of TMC voters are predicting a 2020 US coronavirus death toll between 330,000 to 660,000. Seems higher than most media and current government consensus but what do you think?

It seems the option 0.5% - 1.0% is still missing (which doesn't mean that would be my choice).

Yeah, I just can't vote on something like that. Sorry.

If I understand your numbers correctly, 15 out of 30 would be exactly the middle.

However, it it seems the under-estimates are larger than over-estimates ?
There are 42 states that meet the criteria. I just screencapped my Excel spreadsheet to show the top 30 or so. I've attached the raw csv file so you can see all of them.

Attachments

• ihme.csv.txt
    1.1 KB · Views: 47
Tesla announces pay reductions and furloughs. Says they expect to restart the factory May 4 unforessen events withstanding. Have to say if California isn’t seeing a peak until May-Mid May according to Governor, I think the SFBay health departments and Mayors will be extending this another month.

Tesla will slash employee pay and furlough employees