Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Coronavirus

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
“Hell no!” States aren’t ready for Trump’s phased reopening, experts say

But, Bloom noted that the plan was vague on many decisions, including the gating. Two week declines in cases is a short period for this disease, given that there can be a two-week lag between an infection and getting test results back.

The plan also doesn’t offer guidance on what to do if a state experiences a resurgence of disease, whether its from undetected spread of disease or from introduction of new cases via travelers. The latter has been a particular issue for many places that have relaxed constraints, such as Hong Kong and Singapore.

Plus, the plan ”assumes that testing will be at a level that at the moment does not exist," Bloom said. He, like many other experts, have repeatedly noted that the country’s capacity for testing and contact tracing is below what’s needed to adequately detect and stop the spread of disease.
William Hanage, an epidemiologist at Harvard, largely echoed all the sentiments. “There is much to appreciate in this plan, including its stepwise thinking and its thoughtful nature." But he added, "the glaring problem within it" remains the problem of testing.

Though it’s impossible to say exactly how much testing we should do or be able to do on a daily or weekly basis, Hanage notes that the World Health Organization suggests that country’s aim to do enough testing until only 10 percent or less of tests come back positive. Currently, the US has a 20 percent positive rate overall. This is difficult to interpret, however, because different places have different levels of infection and access to and criteria for testing. For instance, places such as New York and New Jersey are swamped with cases—and positive test results—while others are experiencing more sporadic cases that spur less testing.

• Informative
Reactions: dqd88
Source code for the singapore tracing app
(Likely to be used by Australia etc)

OpenTrace

1. Third-parties cannot use BlueTrace communications to track users over time
A device’s temporary identifier rotates frequently, preventing malicious actors from tracking individual users over time by sniffing for BlueTrace messages.

Limited collection of personally-identifiable information

The only personally-identifiable information collected is a phone number, which is securely stored by the health authority.

Local storage of encounter history

Each user’s encounter history is stored exclusively on their own device. The health authority only has access to this history when an infected person chooses to share it.

Revocable consent

Users have control of their personal data. When they withdraw consent, all personally-identifiable data stored at the health authority is deleted. All encounter history will thus cease to be linked to the user.

• Informative
Reactions: Lessmog and dqd88
Cuomo press conference today was informative.

‘Basically they’re at Rt = 0.9 and they need to keep it below 1.2 when they reopen. Likened it to threading a needle.

he also focused on how it should be the Fed’s responsibility to help with providing enough testing, reagent procurement... It goes beyond the governor’s pay grades, as it involves negotiations with China and international supply chains. Apparently Trump was watching the broadcast, because in the q&a a reporter quoted Trump’s criticism of Cuomo, and Cuomo went off on Trump with a vengeance.

upload_2020-4-17_20-31-24.png

NO ONE in American politics has EVER lied with the frequency and audacity of Trump. Your comment is like trying to excuse a serial killer by saying everyone hurts someone.

Okay Don Lemon, calm down. I agree----he is so bad and bold with his "lies" it appears he is breaking records (without factoring in how much is completely taken out of context --- speaking to you Anderson Cooper). Wasn't that my point, that he sucks at lying. You like the smooth talking, harder to catch type. So it really is hard to say cuz the other ones were just better at it or you were on their "side" so you blindly looked it over with some mental excuse or another. I wasn't making any excuse for lying just making an amusing observation of how mad you CNNers get when Trump lies. Like it was so amusing when the Foxers got so upset at Obama over almost everything. Dog pooped on you yard? Blame it on Obamacare.

This is would be an excuse for lying (and more applicable to your analogy):

President XYZ and his/her administration used several lies that brought the USA to war with XYZ causing countless deaths over decades but that is okay because back in 2016 President Elect Trump mislead the coalminers that he was going to bring mining back. Lie for a lie, tooth for a tooth.

Another thing I've observed. Many of the anti-trumpers actually display the same belligerent characteristics they criticize Trump for. It is almost like they don't like looking in the mirror. That hatred is coming from their unconscious hatred of themselves. It doesn't get tougher than looking in the mirror you know. Just look through the anti-Trump posts on here. It is on full display in all its glory. You may just skip over it because you are "like" minded. Emotion does interferes with all logic.

Also, you all do know that echo chambering on here isn't going to get Trump out of office, right? You all better get to work with Sleepy Joe's campaign and get on it asap. Complaining on here and calling people idiots is NOT going to get it done. It is pretty obvious, to me at least, that if you were to have the election right now Trump wins by quite a bit. Things could change but I'm thinking it is inevitable that you're getting 4 more years of what you cannot stand. The only solace I can give you is that it will be part of what sends TSLA to the moon...a little extra $$, think about it? Hell, I heard Elon is taking another look since Yang didn't work out (I liked that guy too). He isn't going to publicly announce his support because some of you all would be so butt hurt about it (or knowing Elon, that guy is so darn honest, we might get a 2am tweet pic of him and Thiel with "keep america great" hats on). To be clear, I did not vote last election but I gotta say as an independent I'm certainly taking another look.

Finally, there is one thing I need to get cleared up from my own conscious...so are you saying that is NOT okay to serial kill just because everyone hurts somebody sometime?