Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Coronavirus

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Short version: I'm looking for different points of view and opinions on a portfolio shift I'm contemplating; namely to move all the money in market tracking funds into cash for (guess of the day) 3-9 months until I see evidence that the US response is focused on the medical crisis, rather than the potential political and/or economic crisis.

I plan to hold Tesla through what's coming - I think there's a non-zero chance that Tesla becomes one of the few safe havens during the crash, or it's one of the first to recover after the crash, and I don't want to try and time or miss that.

A strongly related question - anything better than cash you can think of to shift into?

I am thinking about buying dip on airline stocks to play this corona virus thing. AAL/UAL together with a lot of other airline stocks are down ~40% percent. Surely they are still on a downward spiral. But they would rebound as soon as things settle down. This happened with 911/SARS/H1N1. Some of the airlines with huge debt/equity ratio may go under. But I expect a swift recovery for most of them.

Reactions: AZRI11
2. Buy Bidet. No worry about using TP until you hear of any water contamination that makes it unsafe to squirt.
Amazon.com: bidet

all it takes is a few clicks while logged in, on amazon, to create some, uhm, strange 'shoppers also bought ...' ads.

for example, WTF is up wid dis?

am-ad-weird1.png

what's with the ketchup?

I think there's a doctor in the house, here, somewhere. hey doc. is there some secret to ketchup that we should know about?

"tell it to me straight, doctor; I can take it!"

all it takes is a few clicks while logged in, on amazon, to create some, uhm, strange 'shoppers also bought ...' ads.

View attachment 519579

what's with the ketchup?

I think there's a doctor in the house, here, somewhere. hey doc. is there some secret to ketchup that we should know about?

1. Be sure to click YES on the is it helpful button.
2. $50 is nothing compared to $800 for insulin.
3. I guess DelMonte ketchup has an use by date many centuries in the future because it kills bacteria.

I think I figured out why there are so many runs on the TP stocks. (uhm, no. not that).

it appears that its a new form of game.

anytime someone on the news or media says something really stupid about the virus, you then have to add one roll of TP to your shopping list.

game ends when a high ranking public official says something stupid about it; then its time to go to the store and buy what's on the list.

this is what I've heard - can anyone confirm?

(lol)

View attachment 519579

what's with the ketchup?

No need to buy, free ones available. ;)

Las Vegas strip club giving away 50,000 bottles of hand sanitizer for free

1. Buy Reverse Osmosis water system. No worry about water contamination. Save the bottled water for if water goes out completely.

https://www.amazon.com/s?crid=R0ZJO32KDMVX&i=aps&k=reverse%20osmosis%20system

2. Buy Bidet. No worry about using TP until you hear of any water contamination that makes it unsafe to squirt.

Amazon.com: bidet

We have nice Toto bidets at home (ask if you have questions on which to buy). You still need TP, just not as much. What do you think one does after water cleansing? Walk around in a wet underwear? (The dryer function on bidets are all a gimmick).

Reactions: jerry33