Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Coronavirus

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Just got this email at work (sanitized/redacted)

Important Facility Update: local address...

This message is being sent to all employees assigned to the (local address) the team’s management chain, and all vice presidents and above.

We learned today that a contract employee who supports the (local address) has tested positive for coronavirus (COVID-19). We cannot release the person’s name due to privacy laws.

Your safety and that of your loved ones is of the utmost importance to us. We want to be as transparent as possible. Therefore, we want you to be aware of what happened and the actions taken to minimize everyone’s exposure.

Timeline of Events
The person who tested positive was last onsite on Aug. 11 and tested positive on Aug. 14. (Company) received notification of the positive test earlier today. We immediately alerted the property owner.

Occupied Space
This facility is a multi-tenant building with shared common areas. The person who tested positive had access to the 4th floor reception desk, but did not access (Company) office spaces.

Actions Taken
Additional cleaning and disinfecting measures are currently in place at the facility for all high touch point areas with the landlord providing janitorial services (2 times each day). These include elevator buttons, restroom door handles, refrigerator handles, microwave buttons, and drinking fountain handles.

Keeps getting closer and closer, still haven't had someone in my circle infected but I expect it to happen eventually.

• Informative
Reactions: bkp_duke
To be clear I'm not using those articles to suggest fish is not part of a healthy diet, only that the Inuit are not a particularly healthy population and not a good example of the "benefits" of eating mostly meat.
It should be noted that many Inuits have adopted parts of the western diet since the story I posted. It is very hard to do science on complex issues such as lifestyle factors, one has to be very careful with drawing strong conclusions. My argument is that we don’t know if too much saturated fat/fish/red meat is bad and we have some empirical anecdotes to indicate that it might not be as horrible as some scientists claim at least in some contexts. This does not imply that we know that it is good/not bad.

It should be noted that many Inuits have adopted parts of the western diet since the story I posted. It is very hard to do science on complex issues such as lifestyle factors, one has to be very careful with drawing strong conclusions. My argument is that we don’t know if too much saturated fat/fish/red meat is bad and we have some empirical anecdotes to indicate that it might not be as horrible as some scientists claim at least in some contexts. This does not imply that we know that it is good/not bad.

I would add the further complexity that seafood even though some of it is high in so called saturated fat and red meat particularly red meat raised on grain and fed and given antibiotics should be lumped together in a single class of dietary components is itself a bad and misleading assumption

Last edited:
不闻不若闻之,闻之不若见之,见之不若知之,知之不若行之;学至于行之而止矣。

A rough translation: "Not hearing is not as good as hearing, hearing is not as good as seeing, seeing is not as good as knowing, knowing is not as good as acting; true learning continues until it is put into action."

-Xunzi[/Quote][/QUOTE]

My last post on the topic in this thread, but important.
Regarding bodies from 1500AD, the older of which had atherosclerosis of the heart and coronary arteries:

"Both the NB and SB showed severe osteoporosis...Osteoporosis is a major health problem for modern Eskimos, the most likely cause being the traditional high protein diet, which results in metabolic acidosis and consequent calcium loss from the bones."
The paleopathology of the cardiovascular system.

Can we have the dietetic conversation moved or deleted?
There's a thread already We must face facts - meat is the problem but it is in a different part of the forum, so the mods can't just move the posts to it, and I'm guessing @Right_Said_Fred doesn't want to create yet another thread here, since it has nothing to do with either investing or COVID.

Edit: by implication, the only approach the mods can take is outright deletion. Ponder that.

Last edited:
  • Informative
Reactions: dhanson865
There's a thread already We must face facts - meat is the problem but it is in a different part of the forum, so the mods can't just move the posts to it, and I'm guessing @Right_Said_Fred doesn't want to create yet another thread here, since it has nothing to do with either investing or COVID.

Could the moderators do like a bulk move of all the posts that relate to dietary controversies into that thread? I agree it's a distraction from the covid-19 Focus.

PostScript. I see that that is not possible. Perhaps deletion then

• Disagree
Reactions: NikolaACDC and ggr
Could the moderators do like a bulk move of all the posts that relate to dietary controversies into that thread? I agree it's a distraction from the covid-19 Focus.

PostScript. I see that that is not possible. Perhaps deletion then
Usually after a few pages in a high volume thread such as this people forget about them, so removal or not isn't a big deal either way.

Reactions: JRP3
Usually after a few pages in a high volume thread such as this people forget about them, so removal or not isn't a big deal either way.

I agree with this approach (and not just because it saves me the effort). Most people who follow this thread have probably already seen those posts, so deleting them won't make much difference. And they will soon be followed by many other, more on-topic posts.

US, Brazil, and India squash most others to the bottom of the chart. They make a mockery of the Y axis.

upload_2020-8-16_18-5-58.png

upload_2020-8-16_18-7-11.png

Reactions: HG Wells

Thank you.
Visited that site before.
Had not noticed that last column that shows projections.
Its perfect.

PS we do day trips. Eat in car (boxed lunch from home) and pee in woods.
Only human contact was police officer for speeding ticket.

EDIT: Might even risk staying in a motel in Vermont or Main.
Would need to sleep in my Tesla on the way up.

Last edited:
  • Informative
Reactions: madodel
Yeah, you kinda miss the point.

Like so many people here you think BINARY. It does, or does not help.

OK I need to clarify, @bkp_duke I should have explicitly mentioned that I posted that IN JEST. It made me laugh! I am firmly in the "wear a mask" camp and am definitely not in league with all the anti-science political wingbats. That video angered me and I had to resist letting loose on the friend who posted it to his timeline.

Gosh I really blew it, now I feel like everyone thinks I'm stupid.

/TCP

Thank you.
Visited that site before.
Had not noticed that last column that shows projections.
Its perfect.

PS we do day trips. Eat in car (boxed lunch from home) and pee in woods.
Only human contact was police officer for speeding ticket.

EDIT: Might even risk staying in a motel in Vermont or Main.
Would need to sleep in my Tesla on the way up.
County maps could be helpful:
The Path to Zero: Key Metrics For COVID Suppression – Pandemics Explained
https://covid19.biglocalnews.org/county-maps/index.html#/

Reactions: HG Wells